Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Lynch's WonderWomen

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

thought last nights show was very very funny , particulary the bit about the female GAA coach from leitrim

shes the best female comedian in the country right now but then again that isnt saying much when you consider that your wan from dundalk who was in intermission still gets work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Stuck this on the other night and managed to last 5 minutes before turning over to ANYTHING this show is a load of rubbish. Really not funny there were four of us watching it and we all thought it was garbage. Sad thing is that we all lost 5 minutes of our lives that we will never get back.

At least i know not to watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The Blogger Dalkey Dunphy Davenport is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

I actually find the show funny. I like the Tallagh character because some people really are that common, which I find funny, especially when the commoness is exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Thought it was hilarious last night. The Liz Hurley character is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Hope she keeps it up for the remaining 4 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Makes Killinaskully look like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Nah - only funny in spots - like Tiernan of navan - equates funny with shouting and liberal use of the fcuk word.

Not so - some of the sketches just went on too long and ..well ..ran out of steam.

Wouldnt hold out much hope for the remaining shows..not a lot of scope for variety in what she does.

That said - not a bad lookin bint in a Copper faced jacks sort o way - definately give her a dab o the purple lad if the oppertunity arose...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 collei

worst rte "comedy" since the english class,complete ****e!!

I'd love to see Shelia on Fair City :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Haha... Sheila is hilarious. Kathrine Lynch would show the Fair City 'actors' what real acting is!

• Advertisement

It was funny seeing celebs like Keith Duffy, Lee Sharpe and Glendia Gibson meeting Bernie :p

Bernie Walsh future Eurovision Winner for Ireland :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Jesus tap dancing christ.Is there a more talentless "comedian/enne" on tv at the moment.Someone mentioned that she is reminiscent of Bernard Manning.I would have said Brendan O'Carroll but they are all of the same ilk.
    Painfully unfunny and so riduculously cliched it is laughable.

Lowest common denominator TV doesnt even come close.It says alot for RTE when fat,gormless trogladytes like her get on TV.

Any fckuin wonder they are in need of 60 odd million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's a good concept and Lynch is a great performer but the show is in desperate need of good comedy writing. Doing sketches using characters is funny, but not funny enough to sustain a long programme over a 6-part series. Examples of character based comedy shows that do this well are French and Saunders, Little Britain, Father Ted and Absolutely Fabulous. They are consistently funny because of the effort that goes into the writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I don't understand why people watch this when they obviously detest it? I can't stand Colm and Jim Jim on the radio so will make no effort to watch their new much publicised TV quiz. Nor therefore will I comment on it when the inevitable thread starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Katherine Lynch is moderately talented as a performer, and typically of Rté, instead of nurturing or polishing a moderately talented performer to ensure that people will be pleased with the end result, they've used the standard amount of Rté Money & resources (i.e. f*ck all) & chucked her in at the deep end, by indulging her with her a 6 week long low budget Little Britain knock-off seemingly written by special-needs monkeys.

The majority of the comedy seems to revolve around scenarios like "Ahm a knacker, don't knackers talk funnay, eh?" or "Im a skanger, I'm terrible common so I am." or "I'm a culchie. Sure I do mad things, so I do."

It would have been amusing for a one-off, one hour special, where they could have culled the funny parts (and there are some amusing sketches, it's just too repetitive to justify a full series) for a tightly edited "surprisingly not bad" Rté comedy experience.

Instead, however, over-dependence on the one or two amusing scenarios have rendered the series over long & tedious, and rather than producing a credible showcase for a new-ish talent, they've simply bored and annoyed a sizeable part of it's audience.

Must try harder , Rté. File under missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

has to be the worst pile of **** i've ever seen, garbage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't understand why people watch this when they obviously detest it? I can't stand Colm and Jim Jim on the radio so will make no effort to watch their new much publicised TV quiz. Nor therefore will I comment on it when the inevitable thread starts.

Health Warning: For future reference so that nobody needs to be subjected to this program. Avoid at all costs!!! I've seen it (I was at a taping of one of the shows). It's really really awful. There is literally no point to it. Calling it a Quiz Show is false advertising. It is a big mess of nonsense all mixed up with a big clatter of rubbish. It's terrible!!!!

Although there may be hope for it at the editing stage. We were subjected to three hours(!!!!) of filming, I assume it will be edited to a half an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

RTE's comedy department have almost a perfect record of commissioning dud shows. The list is endless. Not only is this show blatantly racist but it is not remotely funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Katherine Lynch is moderately talented as a performer, and typically of Rté, instead of nurturing or polishing a moderately talented performer to ensure that people will be pleased with the end result, they've used the standard amount of Rté Money & resources (i.e. f*ck all) & chucked her in at the deep end, by indulging her with her a 6 week long low budget Little Britain knock-off seemingly written by special-needs monkeys.

The majority of the comedy seems to revolve around scenarios like "Ahm a knacker, don't knackers talk funnay, eh?" or "Im a skanger, I'm terrible common so I am." or "I'm a culchie. Sure I do mad things, so I do."

It would have been amusing for a one-off, one hour special, where they could have culled the funny parts (and there are some amusing sketches, it's just too repetitive to justify a full series) for a tightly edited "surprisingly not bad" Rté comedy experience.

Instead, however, over-dependence on the one or two amusing scenarios have rendered the series over long & tedious, and rather than producing a credible showcase for a new-ish talent, they've simply bored and annoyed a sizeable part of it's audience.

Must try harder , Rté. File under missed opportunity.

Gee Lad, you beat me to it, i just saw the trailer again and started thinking whats wrong with the show.

She isnt bad, characters are not bad, there not good either! but they are defo not bad!

The show however is sh*te and I would say sh*te of the highest order but ive seen C&jimBob so its sh*te of the 2nd highest order:D.

It is weakly written:
    EG:
    Racing car stops, she looks out window with here face covered in lipstick and asks "Is my lipstick ok?"
    Thats just poor, there is a joke there, an old one true, but defo a joke.
    Some decent writing could have got a laugh out of it

The show could/would be OK if it had been properly developed
    AND they had hired a couple of quality writers!
    Have you seen who has worked on Little Britain over the years as script consultants!?
    Quality!

RTE obv cant afford that kind of talent but there are plenty of good comedians floating around Dublin who could have helped tighten the script and probably would have been cheap enough as a decent writing credit would be good on there CV!?

Must try harder????

At the moment id be be happy with Must Try!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

This was on last night again, I think it was a re-run, if so then "a repeat offence" might be a better description.

- There is no way anyone can convince me that Katherine Lynch herself could sit and watch footage of this shíte and think that its funny.

They don't seem to cut any of what they shoot; the way it plays back it seems as though anytime she opens her lazy mouth they film it and transmit it into our sitting rooms? - This unwelcome intrusion packaged as comedy is insulting and offensive to be honest.

RTE shame on you perpetually talentless bureaucrats for spending my money on this shoddy crap - time after time you show yourselves up as ignorant paper-pushers - and yet again here is another programme that is well below the standard produced daily by transition year Students and being broadcast as prime time TV :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - Also Pat Kenny is offensive to the intellect and unbearably rough on ones cringe reflex also BTW - Morons; I'd rather give my license money to the FÁS Gobshíte !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Raiser wrote: »
    from the day ye sent Father Ted into the waiting arms of Channel 4 [so you could buy it back later]

Is there any chance of an insta-ban for anyone who says that on the television forum?

On topic, why is it that those in charge of choosing TV programmes seem to think that a fat bird with a big/dirty gob automatically makes for good television?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

amacachi wrote: »
    Is there any chance of an insta-ban for anyone who says that on the television forum?

Yes please! Or an electric shock emitted from their computer when they type if :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Am i missing something here, why the ban for that?

paulieeye wrote: »
    Am i missing something here, why the ban for that?

Because IT DIDN'T ****ING HAPPEN.

Because IT DIDN'T ****ING HAPPEN.

not what I heard

Believe everything you hear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Worse then colm and jim jim and Living with Lucy combined.

I believe in a thing called love

paulieeye wrote: »
    I believe in a thing called love
    Here ya go, "proof"!

How's about we get back on topic anyway?

• Advertisement

Very well. Your proof has swayed me.

Advertisement