Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Kids on the Slope - I had absolutely zero interest in Jazz before watching that anime, by the end of it I wanted to join a jazz band :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

o1s1n wrote: »
    Kids on the Slope - I had absolutely zero interest in Jazz before watching that anime, by the end of it I wanted to join a jazz band :pac:

Never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished up S1 of The Irregular at Magic High School. Another show where the main character is totally OP but interesting enough all the same. Starts off like a typical happy go lucky shonen but ends up quite violent towards the end. It came out in 2014 I think, and season 2 has just started airing. On Funimation... I'll wait thanks! Also has a very weird brother/sister thing going on, and I'm waiting for it to be explained better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Finished up S1 of The Irregular at Magic High School. Another show where the main character is totally OP but interesting enough all the same. Starts off like a typical happy go lucky shonen but ends up quite violent towards the end. It came out in 2014 I think, and season 2 has just started airing. On Funimation... I'll wait thanks! Also has a very weird brother/sister thing going on, and I'm waiting for it to be explained better.

Gave up on that after the first episode as I was watching a few new shows but will have another look

It's nothing fantastic, but it fills a void.

• Advertisement

Finished The Asterisk War. Not bad. Another general run of the mill anime, again fills a void but nothing to write home about. No word if there'll be a Season 3, but it's hopeful to be out in 2021 if announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Finished The Asterisk War. Not bad. Another general run of the mill anime, again fills a void but nothing to write home about. No word if there'll be a Season 3, but it's hopeful to be out in 2021 if announced.

I think I started that and gave up 3 episodes in. It was so generic and forgettable I had to google it to be sure I had actually seen it

Generic, that's the word I should have used. It scratched an itch until the good shows start again. Now if only I could find a copy of the Demon Slayer movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Generic, that's the word I should have used. It scratched an itch until the good shows start again. Now if only I could find a copy of the Demon Slayer movie...

That makes 2 of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Nana the talentless(like a cross between Deathnote and Among us) and Jujutsu Kaisen. Nothing else really interests me this season until Attack on Titan comes back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

Reading Monster by Naoki Urasawa. The suspense is real and love the sorta noir atmosphere of the drawings and the characters

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Simpsonsfan17

Any of ye watched Bakuman?

Somebody told me that Netflix is the only streaming service that has all 3 seasons of Bakuman. Is this true?

Somebody told me that Netflix is the only streaming service that has all 3 seasons of Bakuman. Is this true?

Ive read all Bakuman a few years back.
    I definitely didnt notice it on Netflix. think I would have if it was there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Parsnips wrote: »
    Ive read all Bakuman a few years back.
    I definitely didnt notice it on Netflix. think I would have if it was there

It is on Netflix, just not in Ireland.

I can happily confirm the Crunchyroll app on PS5 works. It's a lot fresher looking, but also a lot busier. Different layout, cleaner play screen, and loads better quality quicker.

Has some small issues, such as R1 no longer going to the next episode, and the fast forward being finnicky. But it works at least.

Nearly finished JoJos bizarre adventure season 1.
    What a mad anime.
    Interesting but completely off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Simpsonsfan17

It is on Netflix, just not in Ireland.

That's a pity. Do you know anywhere online it would be possible to watch series 1-3 of Bakuman?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Just read all 127 chapters of solo levelling. Well worth a read even if you're not into comics it's as good as an anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Deadman Wonderland.
    While watching the first couple of episodes, I was reminded of As the Gods Will (Kamisama no Iutoori) which I read last year and seemed to remember seeing there was a live action adaptation of that manga,. So now watching that film.

I know it's not anime, but it's based on a manga, started watching Alice in Borderland on Netflix. Only finished episode 3 and I am hooked. Really well done so far. Good idea too, and it's going in directions I didn't think it would. Can see myself binging the rest.

• Advertisement

Parsnips wrote: »
    Nearly finished JoJos bizarre adventure season 1.
    What a mad anime.
    Interesting but completely off the wall.

I had to stop watching JoJo half way tru season 2.
    It just got so rediculous. ( yes even more so than normal)

Looking for something new.
    Might give that Alice in borderland a shot.

So yeah, I ended up binging the rest the following night. Really enjoyed it for the most part. Sets a sequel up nicely and looking forward to it if it emerges. It better, or I'll have to go back and watch the ova from years ago to finish the story. It's the closest live action film to anime that is actually good, that I've seen yet.

Up to date with Haikyuu too. Strong end to the season so far, only 1 to go I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

So yeah, I ended up binging the rest the following night. Really enjoyed it for the most part. Sets a sequel up nicely and looking forward to it if it emerges. It better, or I'll have to go back and watch the ova from years ago to finish the story. It's the closest live action film to anime that is actually good, that I've seen yet.

I'm about half way through
    in the middle of the episode where Boshiya/Hatter goes to play a game
    , it's getting a bit silly but I'll stick with it. I'm really curious how they got all those empty Tokyo shots. I've seen people there go out of their way to not interfere with something being shot in public but Shibuya is almost always packed. Unless they took full advantage of Corona.

It is indeed silly, but silly akin to an anime, which is why I think I like it. It has bouts of brilliance and silliness imo. As for Shibuya, from what I can gather, it was either crazy good CGI (doubtful in a Netflix premiere, money wouldn't be available to make it look that good), and another claim that it was a rebuild of certain areas (probably coupled with green screen). If it was either, whoever was involved in making it look empty deserves a raise! It's actually freaky, knowing full well how many people should be there.

and another claim that it was a rebuild of certain areas
    That make sense the same shorts and sunglasses tourist showed up multiple times in the background in the Shibuya scenes. That or he did the scramble a few times just for the fun of it.

Enjoyable last episode of Haikyuu, looking forward to more of it now. Starting to get over the graphical and personality changes, but it's still missing something that was there in the first 2 seasons. As mentioned by someone else, it teaches you about the sport and actually makes you interested in the real thing. Excellently made series for a subject I never cared about before.

IIWTTTPUGIAD is plodding along nicely, but feels a bit flat this season. Maybe it's because it's weekly, whereas I had binged up to now. Will continue with it, but watched 3 episodes back to back last night so reckon I'll continue doing it that way.

Also watching Jujutsu Kaisen, pretty good so far.

A few people mentioned Alice in borderlands ( live action)
    So I started it.. really really good.
    well worth a watch

IIWTTTPUGIAD is plodding along nicely, but feels a bit flat this season. Maybe it's because it's weekly, whereas I had binged up to now. Will continue with it, but watched 3 episodes back to back last night so reckon I'll continue doing it that way.
    The season is over if you want to binge the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Evade wrote: »
    The season is over if you want to binge the rest of it.

That reminds me, I need to buy the latest volume of the Danmachi light novel. Start of a new arc too. There's still enough material to cover another season atm.

• Advertisement

I finished Alice in Borderland, not bad overall if a bit cheesy at times. It reminded me of Darwin's Game.

Advertisement