Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    I've watch most gundam series with some uc blank spots, but Iron blooded orphans instantly became my favourite gundam.

Don't judge all gundam series by it, it a decent bit different.

What other gundam series would you recommend? I remember trying to get into one back in 2003, it was on the cartoon network but I can't remember what one it was and I remember being really confused by the story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

What other gundam series would you recommend? I remember trying to get into one back in 2003, it was on the cartoon network but I can't remember what one it was and I remember being really confused by the story line.
    That was Gundam Wing.

It's a pretty unpopular opinion but I like SEED and even SEED Destiny (sequel series).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Evade wrote: »
    That was Gundam Wing.

It's a pretty unpopular opinion but I like SEED and even SEED Destiny (sequel series).

SEED is fine, SEED Destiny starts off fine before quickly devolving into a trainwreck. This happened due to a rewrite to give Kira and Athrun bigger parts as Shinn is an unlikable prick.

SEED is fine, SEED Destiny starts off fine before quickly devolving into a trainwreck. This happened due to a rewrite to give Kira and Athrun bigger parts as Shinn is an unlikable prick.
    You're not wrong. Out of curiousity did you watch Destiny subbed or dubbed? I watched the dub first and found Shin much less annoying in the sub.

Apparently there's a movie on the way and somehow Kira ranked in the 30 most popular male anime characters of the 2010s despite only being in a remaster.

You're not wrong. Out of curiousity did you watch Destiny subbed or dubbed? I watched the dub first and found Shin much less annoying in the sub.

Apparently there's a movie on the way and somehow Kira ranked in the 30 most popular male anime characters of the 2010s despite only being in a remaster.

I don't watch dubs for the most part, I'm not against dubs as it allows more people to enjoy it. There are also some dubs that work better than the original like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Big O(apart from mispronouncing megadeus as megadeuce).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Started Stein's Gate yesterday, three episodes in and I like it a lot so far

Finished FMAB earlier in the week, amazing end to a great series. Probably just behind HxH as my favourite anime.

Bought HxH Volume 1 earlier this week - I still think it's shame the second anime didn't show the scene with Ging and Kite in the opening episodes, it would have improved the Chimera Ant arc imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see GunDam unicorn is up on netflix too, 7 episodes, any good?

Unicorn is great, near the end of the main UC stuff though. You'll have wanted to have seen Chars Counter Attack beforehand.

UC chronologically is

UC 0068-0079
    The Origin

UC 0079
    Gundam, 08th MS Team, Igloo, Thunderbolt

UC 0080
    War in the Pocket

UC 0083
    Stardust Memories

UC 0087
    Zeta Gundam

UC 0088
    Gundam ZZ(Double Zeta)

UC 0093
    Chars Counter Attack

UC 0096
    Gundam UC(Unicorn), Gundam: Twilight Axis

UC 0097
    Gundam NT(Narrative)

UC 0105
    Hathaway's Flash(not released yet)

UC 0123
    Gundam F91

UC 0153
    Victory Gundam

All the standard edition Gundam blurays are on sale today from http://www.alltheanime.com until 4pm tomorrow. Prices between £9.99 and £29.99 with free shipping.

There are a few Gundam series available on youtube for free legal streaming on the GundamInfo channel and pretty much all of the non UC stuff is on Crunchyroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

To to add if it's not clear or you didn't know.

Most Gundam shows are either UC (universal century) or their own stand alone show like Final fantasy with recurring themes but mostly not connected.

There's always a Gundam and always some lad in a mask, what makes a gundam a gundam changes. Still no clue for UC, if it looks like a gundam it's a gundam.

I'd start off on the standalone stuff, before jumping into the decades of UC story-lines.

Most of them have a slightly different history for their earth, different countries and geography too. Gundam 00 is the one set in our own future, turns out the way to stop fighting in northern ireland is gaint robots.

Varik wrote: »
    To to add if it's not clear or you didn't know.

Most Gundam shows are either UC (universal century) or their own stand alone show like Final fantasy with recurring themes but mostly not connected.

There's always a Gundam and always some lad in a mask, what makes a gundam a gundam changes. Still no clue for UC, if it looks like a gundam it's a gundam.

I'd start off on the standalone stuff, before jumping into the decades of UC story-lines.

Most of them have a slightly different history for their earth, different countries and geography too. Gundam 00 is the one set in our own future, turns out the way to stop fighting in northern ireland is gaint robots.

Is Iron blood orphans stand alone so? and Gundam Wing to?

• Advertisement

Is Iron blood orphans stand alone so? and Gundam Wing to?

Both series are Alternative Universe titles, very few have sequels and none are related to each other.

Which do ye prefer, the stand alones or the UC series?

Which do ye prefer, the stand alones or the UC series?

Hard to really compare them. UC is long, parts of it haven't aged the best but is still great.

The AU stuff is usually some kind of reprise of the original series, but you also have off the wall crazy stuff like G Gundam too.

My favourite UC series is Zeta, my favourite AU is 00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I feel like this is a question I have asked and googled a thousand times, but still don't fully understand:

If you have access to all Suzumiya Haruhi media and have seen none of it, in what order does one watch it?

I feel like this is a question I have asked and googled a thousand times, but still don't fully understand:

If you have access to all Suzumiya Haruhi media and have seen none of it, in what order does one watch it?
    I watched it in chronological order.

I watched it in chronological order.

Yeah, just watch the chronological order for s1&2, which is how they were broadcast upon release of s2, then Disappearance.

I think there is a new short story being published shortly, first new material in almost 10 years.

And no one would think less of you if you only watched the first and last Endless Eights.

And no one would think less of you if you only watched the first and last Endless Eights.

Definitely, it works fine in the novel as it only repeats fully once. The anime really didn't need to do 8 episodes of it

Has anyone else watched Karakai Jouzu no Takagi San/Teasing Master Takagi San on Netflix? It has an age advisory for sexualised nudity. Did I miss something or is Netflix embracing the hand holding is lewd meme?

Has anyone else watched Karakai Jouzu no Takagi San/Teasing Master Takagi San on Netflix? It has an age advisory for sexualised nudity. Did I miss something or is Netflix embracing the hand holding is lewd meme?

I haven't watched season 2 yet. F**k Netflix for getting the second season, a lot of people are pretty angry they got it and changed the dub cast.

Both their and Amazons translations are usually awful too.

• Advertisement

I haven't watched season 2 yet. F**k Netflix for getting the second season, a lot of people are pretty angry they got it and changed the dub cast.

Both their and Amazons translations are usually awful too.
    Didn't they finance some of season 2? I think Netflix's studios are away from most of the other anime ones in the US.

I watched the sub, as I mostly do these days, and I didn't notice the usual Netflixisms like changing which name was said in the subtiltes like they do in Kakegurui.

Didn't they finance some of season 2? I think Netflix's studios are away from most of the other anime ones in the US.

I watched the sub, as I mostly do these days, and I didn't notice the usual Netflixisms like changing which name was said in the subtiltes like they do in Kakegurui.

Some of them, most of their anime they just bought the streaming rights for. Yet they still have the audacity to call them Netflix Originals.

Violet Evergarden is by and far their worst script, littered with nonsensical errors in both the dub and the sub.

Amazons subtitles are even worse, thankfully the only new anime they got this year was Psycho-Pass season 3.

Some of them, most of their anime they just bought the streaming rights for. Yet they still have the audacity to call them Netflix Originals.
    I know that but as far as I know the only reason there's a season 2 of Takagi San is because Netflixed paid for at least some of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Is Stein Gate's 0 worth a watch? Finished Stein's Gate but I'm not too sure about the premise of the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have started watching Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun, and i'm enjoying it so far. Low on the usual fights I look for, but full of good moments! Will stick with it.

Also watched Isekai Cheat Magician, pacing seemed a bit all over the place, but was ok. Nothing special.

If anyone else watches My Hero Academia the movie is coming to Netflix on the first of February.

EDIT: And a whole load of Naruto, two Love Chunbiyo and Other Delusions, and a few other movies.

If anyone else watches My Hero Academia the movie is coming to Netflix on the first of February.

All the Ghibli movies are being added in batches over the next few months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Watched NiNoKuNi on Netflix.

Very generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Watched NiNoKuNi on Netflix.

Very generic.

Ah...so they perfectly captured the gameplay then :D

• Advertisement

I am really liking Eizouken. The art is really interesting and I like Kanamori's constant artist wrangling because there's work to get done.

Advertisement