Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Links234 wrote: »
    but then it just got more and more outrageous as the show went on.

This is exactly why I dropped it. As the show went on the characters were just increasingly over-melodramatic. It was just so over the top that I couldn't take it anymore. I struggled through the first season, watched like 2 episodes of the 2nd season and gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Numina wrote: »
    This is exactly why I dropped it. As the show went on the characters were just increasingly over-melodramatic. It was just so over the top that I couldn't take it anymore. I struggled through the first season, watched like 2 episodes of the 2nd season and gave up.

You know, I think it was actually worth finishing ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Funny bit with lelouch in the middle of this :D (on the bed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

You know, I think it was actually worth finishing ;)

Naaahh, I think persevering up to the 26th episode is a fair try. It's been so long anyway that I don't have any interest to go back to it. I'm pretty happy to let it be and focus on other shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Started watching "Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon?" because the title intrigued me! Pretty funny so far.

• Advertisement

For me, personally I'm glad I finished it though ;)

Think I'm gonna watch Gargantia next

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DannyGriff

For me, personally I'm glad I finished it though ;)

Think I'm gonna watch Gargantia next

Gargantia is good, but it's not heavily packed action usually found in mecha. The actions are still good, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

DannyGriff wrote: »
    Gargantia is good, but it's not heavily packed action usually found in mecha. The actions are still good, though.

It's a shame that the second season has been scrapped. I was hoping to see another full run after seeing the first part of the OAV that came out recently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone here use

http://www.animaxtv.co.uk/special/join-now

Was thinking of subbing for a month ,I got rid of netflix last night because they've started adding less and less anime shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Does anyone here use

http://www.animaxtv.co.uk/special/join-now

Was thinking of subbing for a month ,I got rid of netflix last night because they've started adding less and less anime shows.

I've heard pretty bad things about Animaxs service.

If you are after a paid anime service you are better off with Crunchyroll. Plus you can get the US streams on Crunchyroll by using the same methods of getting US Netflix which make up the majority of Animaxs catalogue. €40 a year for what you get on Crunchyroll is a very good deal imo.

I posted a link to a comprehensive list of what is available in the UK and Ireland on each of the streaming services in the Crunchyroll alternatives thread if you wish to see what anime they have available.

Crunchyroll also currently have a 30 day trial offer instead of the standard 14 if you want to try it.

www.crunchyroll.com/gawker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

It's worth noting that Crunchyroll's manga subscription is now available with the anime one and has a good few high quality series like Soredemo and Space Brothers. (That said the PC comic viewer is crap so it's only really worthwhile if you have a tablet)

megaten wrote: »
    It's worth noting that Crunchyroll's manga subscription is now available with the anime one and has a good few high quality series like Soredemo and Space Brothers

They just changed it again last month, so you also now get the K-Dramas as well if you are interested in that sort of thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheers for that lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

mrkite77 wrote: »
    Shirobako just keeps getting better and better.

BriefFairBrownbutterfly.gif

I started a new job in febuarary as an assistant editor at an animation studio in London

Then I started watching shirobako

when it got to the third episode with the server going down I was like

Yuuuuuuuuuup, I did 5pm run to tottanham court road with a hard drive of footage because of the server being down.

So its both very enjoyable and uncomfortably accurate in some areas

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

They just changed it again last month, so you also now get the K-Dramas as well if you are interested in that sort of thing.

If you're into k-dramas, a viki.com sub is probably better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Im finished the first episode of shirobako and really not sure if im liking it or not..I know its a bit early to judge but is it worth watching?

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Im finished the first episode of shirobako and really not sure if im liking it or not..I know its a bit early to judge but is it worth watching?

Yup, i got the same impression from the first episode. It gets so much better.

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Yup, i got the same impression from the first episode. It gets so much better.
    Well then i'll keep going for a few more episodes and see how it goes.

Ran out of dubbed episodes of fairy tale, does anyone know when the next batch will be out? I got up too episode 175.

Started psycho pass season 2 today

Ran out of dubbed episodes of fairy tale, does anyone know when the next batch will be out? I got up too episode 175.

Started psycho pass season 2 today

The next batch will be out when the next dvd/bd is released. Though I think Funi are now simuldubbing it for their streaming service.

Good luck with Psycho Pass 2 as its a train wreck with a story that breaks the world building done in s1.

• Advertisement

The next batch will be out when the next dvd/bd is released. Though I think Funi are now simuldubbing it for their streaming service.

Good look with Psycho Pass 2 as its a train wreck with a story that breaks the world building done in s1.

Ya I heard a lot of people are disappointed with it.

Good luck with Psycho Pass 2 as its a train wreck with a story that breaks the world building done in s1.

I wasn't disappointed with it though the pacing at times was a bit slow. I'm looking forward to the upcoming movie. The trailer looks pretty good.

Started watching Psycho Pass .. finally!

Havent gotten around to it yet...what do you think of it so far?Ive got it pretty far down on the plan to watch list

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh i enjoyed that, only did half the first season so far though.

Yay about time :D fantastic series

Don't worry about the pace at the start. They try to build the characters up a bit first but once things kick off, it gets so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

reading Bird Cafe which is super cute and relevant to my interests

watching Fairy Tail, I promised myself I'd never get into another thing with hundreds of episodes but damn it's good, loving Erza

5 Episodes into Psycho Pass, definitely more my kinda thing ;)

• Advertisement

5 Episodes into Psycho Pass, definitely more my kinda thing ;)

If you're liking it by episode 5 then you're going to love it by episode 11. For me, episode 11 got me properly hooked on the show.

Advertisement