Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

They need to turn off the radiators in the library. I'm ridiculously uncomfortably warm and sick on top of it so I doubt any work will be done today. Plus, my seat was taken so now I've to sit somewhere else which is throwing me completely out of balance and the guy beside me is tearing up bits of paper :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

sup_dude wrote: »
    They need to turn off the radiators in the library. I'm ridiculously uncomfortably warm and sick on top of it so I doubt any work will be done today. Plus, my seat was taken so now I've to sit somewhere else which is throwing me completely out of balance and the guy beside me is tearing up bits of paper :(

That post is the makings of a 1000 adverts!
    Chocolate, Tea, Biscuits, Bubble Bath, Menopausal pills, 'the pill' Mattresses, pillows, duvets, air conditioners, ice creams etc. :P
    Coming to a TV near you soon! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I can't make friends when sober , an every friend I make when drunk I can't talk to when I'm sober. I think I might have a problem ?! :P

That post is the makings of a 1000 adverts!
    Chocolate, Tea, Biscuits, Bubble Bath, Menopausal pills, 'the pill' Mattresses, pillows, duvets, air conditioners, ice creams etc. :P
    Coming to a TV near you soon! :P

I realise majority of that was due to being sick. I'm after coming home and I've a pair of short and tshirt on and all the windows open and I'm still boiling over :p
    Midkemia wrote: »
    I can't make friends when sober , an every friend I make when drunk I can't talk to when I'm sober. I think I might have a problem ?! :P
    Only if you stay drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

You know you spend too much time in the library when you have a favourite seat! I do!:pac: Kick him! I believe that violence is necessary in the library. I feel like having been in this library for four years has made me extremely anti-people and angry/angrier! All that comes to mind when I'm here is parks and recreation and Leslie's hatred of the library!

• Advertisement

Also what is every college student's obsession with chocolate milk? Every time I turn around I see one of those stupid cartons!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Also what is every college student's obsession with chocolate milk? Every time I turn around I see one of those stupid cartons!

Mooju tastes unreal !

You know you spend too much time in the library when you have a favourite seat! I do!:pac: Kick him! I believe that violence is necessary in the library. I feel like having been in this library for four years has made me extremely anti-people and angry/angrier! All that comes to mind when I'm here is parks and recreation and Leslie's hatred of the library!

Aha I've sat in that seat most of last semester and just about all of this semester thus far, except twice :P Aha bringing out violent tendancies!
    Midkemia wrote: »
    Mooju tastes unreal !

That stuff is disgusting.

That stuff is disgusting.
    I've never drank it but judging by the fact I see it everywhere it must be good, unless all these people are avid gym goers. My two most disliked things brought together, the gym and those cartons! I really don't think anyone over the age of 7 should be drinking chocolate milk. Hot chocolate is okay but cold milk chocolate? First of all why and second of all no.

I've never drank it but judging by the fact I see it everywhere it must be good, unless all these people are avid gym goers. My two most disliked things brought together, the gym and those cartons! I really don't think anyone over the age of 7 should be drinking chocolate milk. Hot chocolate is okay but cold milk chocolate? First of all why and second of all no.

Some of them are really nice. That other one is drinkable. Mooju is rotten though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

The library is like a sauna today.

Why do people talk and laugh in the library, why?? Trying to keep my blood pressure stable. Talking I can just about handle, but laughing? Seriously? :mad: Anyway It's my birthday today and Pancake Tuesday tomorrow so that'll keep me sane! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Why do people talk and laugh in the library, why?? Trying to keep my blood pressure stable. Talking I can just about handle, but laughing? Seriously? :mad: Anyway It's my birthday today and Pancake Tuesday tomorrow so that'll keep me sane! :)

Happy birthday! :D

Happy Birthday Ms Flower,
    Enjoy your day in the library and your pancakes tomorrow :D

Happy birthday! :D
    Happy Birthday Ms Flower,
    Enjoy your day in the library and your pancakes tomorrow :D

200px-132Ditto_Ranger3.png

200px-132Ditto_Ranger3.png
    I've no idea what that is, but thank you!:P

I've no idea what that is, but thank you!:P

Aha it's a Pokemon called Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Ahahahahha, I got the reference! That was very good :P

Happy birthday Precious Flower! :D

In case people weren't aware, and I am using this thread to tell people since it's more active than happy days thread :pac:, Drumroe Village Reception are doing pancakes from 12 o'clock with the money going to Crumlin Children's Hospital. No better way to eat pancakes!:):)
    I wonder what I will give up/take on for lent? I always fail at that! Doing more exercise might be a good one though!:o

Oh! I haven't watched pokemon since I was a child so I can't remember the characters except that egg thing that Misty use to have. Did that actually have a power or what, I can't remember.
    Oh my God the guy behind me is scrathing so much he's making me fierce itchy. He probably can't help it but it's driving me crazy. He better not have fleas!:pac:

• Advertisement

Togapi...
    Didn't look like it did anything but I think towards the end of when I watched it, it went pyscho and tore sh!t up.. :P
    Hate the sound of scratching but do it so much I can't complain :P
    If I wasn't in Italy I'd be looking around for you :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

According to Bulbapedia, Togepi can poison enemies using its' spikes.
    It can also take energy from people and give it to those that need it.
    I'm also convinced that Misty's Togepi could use telekenesis, but there was nothing about that to be found there.

Hmmm, now I've gone and abandoned the remainder of this lecture, I can say that in the Pokemon games, Togepi can learn Telekinesis in the older games and has to be transferred over then.
    Difficult to pick a specific skill set when it evolves so early on..
    Liked playing the games but haven't in so long..

Sad now.. :(

You can play the older gen games online on a site called Playr or something like that. You can't save though so you've to leave the tab open and if something goes wrong, you've to start again. Which was how i devastatingly lost Mewtwo a few months ago and I haven't played since...

Yeah Ive used the emulator alright but the no saving is pretty ****ty..
    Only so far you can go and now I'm using laptop at college, runs out of battery daily.. Couldn't be hacking it..
    Go back every now and again though..
    Was going to get a DS when I got my last Coop wage cheque but got a laptop..
    Was definitely right decision but you don't half think back on what could've been.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Happy Birthday, Precious Flower :) (Late, I know but it's something!)

Also, Chris, you can save on an emulator but you have to go to something like 'file' 'options' 'save state' :) and then it is there the next time you do it. My first two years of uni were filled with nothing but emulators and this summer I started the emulator for Majora's mask :P You get those saving emulators from Coolrom :)

Getting the new 3DS (that came out last week) with the money I scrounge together from not drinking :P Muhahaa!

I don't drink often but still spend my money..
    Burns a hole in my pocket and spends itself.. :P
    Want a 3DS though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Yeah Ive used the emulator alright but the no saving is pretty ****ty..
    Only so far you can go and now I'm using laptop at college, runs out of battery daily.. Couldn't be hacking it..
    Go back every now and again though..
    Was going to get a DS when I got my last Coop wage cheque but got a laptop..
    Was definitely right decision but you don't half think back on what could've been.. :P

You can definitely save Pokemon games on an emulator, I have vast experience from my days of drowning in nostalgia.

Togapi...
    Didn't look like it did anything but I think towards the end of when I watched it, it went pyscho and tore sh!t up.. :P
    Hate the sound of scratching but do it so much I can't complain :P
    If I wasn't in Italy I'd be looking around for you :P
    You're in Italy? I am confused. Also, you'll never find me (if that's what you meant)!! Mwahaha
    Can't wait until I finish this blasted FYP. Gonna hand it in week 6 and gon get drunk!!!!!!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6842-1372288043-27_preview.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

You can play the older gen games online on a site called Playr or something like that. You can't save though so you've to leave the tab open and if something goes wrong, you've to start again. Which was how i devastatingly lost Mewtwo a few months ago and I haven't played since...

You can save on that site you just have to be logged in and you don't click save in the game its away to the left outside the gameboy screen near the control options you click save :)

Advertisement