Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Sound like spoilt babies to the majority. There are thousands of students living in literal **** holes around UL in comparison.

I've been in houses off campus and they seemed decent enough. Which are the worst villages off campus out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Also if anyone is interested in staying on-campus next year, thomond and cappavilla are nearly fully booked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Just wondering when the results come out if it tells you what your QCA is? I'm not really sure how to calculate it myself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just wondering when the results come out if it tells you what your QCA is? I'm not really sure how to calculate it myself.

It does. Session QCA is your QCA for the semester, Accumulated QCA (or something like that) is your overall.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It does. Session QCA is your QCA for the semester, Accumulated QCA (or something like that) is your overall.

Thanks! If both of them are above 2.0 does that mean I don't have to repeat anything?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thanks! If both of them are above 2.0 does that mean I don't have to repeat anything?

Not necessarily. If your QCA in June was <2.0 you might potentially have to repeat D's you get tomorrow. And you will have to repeat F's and NG's regardless of QCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'm guessing results won't be available at midnight. Got an email saying they will be live at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Dammit! I decided to check the link to the results site to see if it had stopped redirecting to the student portal yet. I got super excited when I saw it brought you to the actual site so I logged in... Only for it to tell me the results will be there at 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

shano_88 wrote: »
    I'm guessing results won't be available at midnight. Got an email saying they will be live at 9am.

Last time it said 9am we got them at midnight and the time before that or something we got them at 3am in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭shano_88

Aragneer wrote: »
    Last time it said 9am we got them at midnight and the time before that or something we got them at 3am in the morning!
    Fair enough.

I'll have to have a look at midnight either way to see if their up in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

They're actually bragging about being university of the year on the results page -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

They're actually bragging about being university of the year on the results page -_-

Fill it with anything! Tell them how class we are, they won't get mad then!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Midkemia wrote: »
    I've been in houses off campus and they seemed decent enough. Which are the worst villages off campus out of interest?
    Probably elm park and college court. Some of the houses are quite nice but some of very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Aaand we have results

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Ompala

iLaura wrote: »
    Aaand we have results

Feck link won't work on me phone..

Ompala wrote: »
    Feck link won't work on me phone..

Thats strange, works on mine. Are you sure you're using the right link? :P

Ninja edit! Make sure you manually put in the www.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

Whose dick can I suck to get a .02 QCA bump?

Site has been loading for the last half hour for me... Maybe next time they're actually update their servers...

sup_dude wrote: »
    Site has been loading for the last half hour for me... Maybe next time they're actually update their servers...

Are you on si.ul.ie? only results.ul.ie will work for me :)

Are you on si.ul.ie? only results.ul.ie will work for me :)

Yeah I ended up just using that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Anyone here doing their FYP? Anyone get M where there should be a grade! Kind of worried about what that means!

Anyone here doing their FYP? Anyone get M where there should be a grade! Kind of worried about what that means!

Means you don't get a grade. It's pass/fail as such, and you've passed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Means you don't get a grade. It's pass/fail as such, and you've passed. :)
    Ah, I thought my brother had said that we get graded for the first semester of that module because he mentioned his FYP supervisor giving him a B1 despite him never meeting up with him which was separate from his overall grade for the FYP. I wonder how much the grades will change on the 12th of February?

I know the current results are only provisional, but in case they don't change, anyone know the dates for viewing scripts? Student portal doesn't want to load apparently -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

iLaura wrote: »
    I know the current results are only provisional, but in case they don't change, anyone know the dates for viewing scripts? Student portal doesn't want to load apparently -.-

Its either the 16/17th or the 17/18th. Its on the results page where you sign into it.

Rescheduled Dates

Please note the rescheduled dates for the following events:

Students can apply for grade rechecks from 12th February to 26th February
    Academic Departments’ Viewing of Scripts will move to 17th/18th February
    Student Status Committees will be held on the Wednesday 18th February

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What are the chances of provisional results changing?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What are the chances of provisional results changing?

Depends on the results. Quite sure one of mine will change, not sure if the rest will. Won't really know until the 12th, unless your lecturer can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Depends on the results. Quite sure one of mine will change, not sure if the rest will. Won't really know until the 12th, unless your lecturer can tell you.

Imagine I'm stupid, why would they change them?

Also is there a fee involved in viewing scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 evanmc19

Got d1 in a module but got qca over 2,
    Do I have to repeat it?

• Advertisement

evanmc19 wrote: »
    Got d1 in a module but got qca over 2,
    Do I have to repeat it?

Not if you're in first year

Advertisement