Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta :3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Kharn wrote: »
    I played the demo of this and thought it was appalling. I find a game with a ridiculously shaped female lead that rewards you for getting better combos by making her more naked is an insult to my intelligence and taste and is the sort of nonsense that needs to disappear.
    I think you're missing the OTT nature/context that the extreme sexualisation occurs in.
    Leigh Alexander did a fantastic piece about it, I think she really hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

WOW. Just finished it there tonight. Epic in every sense of the word. From the moment you get to Isla Del Sol, everything is a (albeit difficult) visual treat. Still some holes left in the plot, but maybe i missed something.

Anyway, i don't get the hatin' on this game. Only thing i could be annoyed about it is it's difficulty. The style and everything else about it is completely refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Mastering this system would take a hell of a lot of time.

Completed the game on normal with all platinums/pure platinum chapter rewards, completed hard with not quite so impressive rewards, currently playing infinite climax mode (no witch time allowed).
    Yet still i can't do half the air juggles or dodge offsets the top japanese players achieve.

(i've had it for some months now....)

For any completists out there, to unlock everything takes an awful lot of play time and a ridiculous amount of skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

ChartTrack wrote:
    nv4pxy.png
    Ireland:
    Week 01, 2010 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)
    09 (09) James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Ubisoft)
    10 (__) Fracture (Lucasarts)
    11 (__) Bayonetta (Sega)
    facepalm.jpg
    I don't care if Fracture can be gotten by rubbing two cents together, Bayonetta deserves better my brethren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I tried the first level on hard the other day. The camera on the last verse gave me cancer. True story

I wish there was a cheevo for 'Fly me to the moon'
    by deliberately smashing that angel-statue bitch into the moon at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Sooo how is the ps3 version holding? Gonna pick this game up soon, ps3 is my console of preferance but i've been haering nasty things about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got this for the 360, so as to avoid the feckin big install every other PS3 game seems to insist on.
    So far so good, looks like a hyperactive Devil may Cry so far, but we'll see how it improves on that most excellent of templates.

Also played the demo of Dante's Inferno, no that is a simple God Of War clone, blatant.
    I believe Darksiders:Wrath Of War is another God Of War clone.
    Can they not some up with something original I wonder?
    They must all started the development when they saw the sales of God Of War II got through the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I believe Darksiders:Wrath Of War is another God Of War clone.
    Can they not some up with something original I wonder?
    They must all started the development when they saw the sales of God Of War II got through the roof.

Haven't played Darksiders yet, bit it seems to be heavily influenced by Zelda and Metroid along with GoW from what I've seen (not that that makes it any more original...)

Finally got around to finishing Bayonetta and I have to say this ranks among some of my favourite games of all time now, and will most likely end up being my game of the year (I'd be amazed and overjoyed if anything betters it!)
    I really enjoy playing games like DMC, GoW and Ninja Gaiden, but have always found my attention waning near the halfway point and I never bother completing them (shameful, I know!)
    This kept me totally glued to the screen for 3 lengthy sittings. There might have been a few nasty difficulty spikes along the way, but it never got totally unfair. Really looking forward to playing through it again already to get all platinums.

Gaming perfection!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This game is hilarious, one of the funniest games I've ever played.

But it makes me sad, I keep getting Stone trophies :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This game is hilarious, one of the funniest games I've ever played.

Me too, its depressing. Especially when I usually have a fair amount of golds / platinums. Tis the deaths on the platforming bits or something that usually end up getting me too many skulls!

But still, loving hard mode at the moment - ups the challenge, but rarely feels unfair. Just requires that bit more precision when it comes to dodging and combos. I got a bit of a shock
    when the electricity / fire guys showed up in the frickin' prologue
    , but the remixed enemies keep you on your toes. First game in a long time I've jumped straight into a higher difficulty with.

Devoting more time to Afelheim now too - that is where the little combat flourishes really shine. Some of them are ludicrously tricky (especially when yet another wave of enemies respawn as the time ticks closer to zero) but they are some of the best 'training' courses I've come across. Hoping to get half of them done this time around, although I tend to force myself to quit them after around the fiftieth retry :/!

• Advertisement

Same here. My trophy screen now has a platinum and gold at the start, but the rest bar 2 are all stone!
    It just pushes you to want to achieve better trophies rather than putting you off:)

To get chapter platinum levels you have to have played every verse in each chapter, alfheim verses included, so get used to completing those alfheims.
    If you want to really crank up the difficulty you can get a pure platinum chapter trophy by achieving pure platinum in every verse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I loved the characters but it was a chore to find the will to finish it, it's not that bad, I just couldn't get it. The plot was very predictable too.

Glad it was a rental for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

calex71 wrote: »
    I loved the characters but it was a chore to find the will to finish it, it's not that bad, I just couldn't get it. The plot was very predictable too.

Glad it was a rental for me.

I made it to the final chapter and gave up. Havent touched it since, and have zero desire to complete it or find out what happens int he end. Most overhyped game ive played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I started playing this morning. It's even odder than DMC but I like the gameplay so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,295 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished it on Normal last night. Was I the only one who preferred DMC4? Don't get me wrong, it was a brilliant game and I'd definitely recommend it for fans of the genre, but I just liked DMC4 was better. And DMC3:SE was even better

DMC and bayonetta are very similar. It really comes down to personal opinion.
    I think its a progression that DMC will probably follow as its been bogged down with fixed lock-ons and combo's you can't cancel for a long time.

Kamiya is already throwing around rumours of a sequel based on bayonetta but not neccessarily a direct sequel.

For anyone with the ps3 version, theres a patch available online now to allow a harddrive install giving much reduced loading times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished on hard last night,
    don't know if I'll play Infinite Climax yet
    - those witch time immune claw bastards gave me a fair bit of hassle until I discovered the wonders of yellow lollipops :)

The game certainly isn't for everyone, but I absolutely adore it. Still tempted to go back for those left over achievements...

Also for any 'experts': how does one go about performing three consecutive counter strikes with that Moon accessory equipped? I have pulled them off occasionally, but it seems very hit and miss - mostly just deflect the attack rather than counter. Does it have something to do with magic power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

- those witch time immune claw bastards gave me a fair bit of hassle until I discovered the wonders of yellow lollipops :)

The game certainly isn't for everyone, but I absolutely adore it. Still tempted to go back for those left over achievements...

Also for any 'experts': how does one go about performing three consecutive counter strikes with that Moon accessory equipped? I have pulled them off occasionally, but it seems very hit and miss - mostly just deflect the attack rather than counter. Does it have something to do with magic power?

see here for that one http://www.trueachievements.com/achievement.aspx?achievementid=38890

Great site for keeping track of cheesements as you go and for solutions.

Cheers, just got it there :) . Practiced on some generic angels and finally countered three times in a row.

However, I'm far prouder of the kill an enemy by jumping on them one. 25 hours of play and hadn't got it. Looked up YouTube in frustration, after succeeding multiple times in chapter 10, but no unlock. Was directed to an Afelheim in level 5. Loaded up, began to work
    my way through. 5 seconds in, I get it completely by accident jumping over a ridge. I was equal parts happy and confused when the alert sounded.

Not always an achievement whore, but proud of my 800 in this so far.

• Advertisement

Booo to using invincibility items, ruining your score. Hope and glory can be killed relatively easily if you can separate the electric one and launch him into the air (any decent air combo will kill him), then his claw drop rips the other one apart.

The game can be completed on hard and possibly infinite climax using items, the killgore exploit or rodin but the score suffers. Well kinda, using the kilgore exploit skyrockets the score, pun not intended.

The timing for the counter using the moon of malaa kahlaa is exactly the same as bat within, its the exact moment you get hit, the damage you take is given back and you get the counter.

However, I'm far prouder of the kill an enemy by jumping on them one. 25 hours of play and hadn't got it. Looked up YouTube in frustration, after succeeding multiple times in chapter 10, but no unlock. Was directed to an Afelheim in level 5. Loaded up, began to work
    my way through. 5 seconds in, I get it completely by accident jumping over a ridge. I was equal parts happy and confused when the alert sounded.

The jump on enemies one unlocked for me towards the end of the game when I was jumping around the gaff in a blind panic:p
    Those gold clawed bastards are horrible indeed, in fact they nearly made me give up the game altogether
    until I realised that later on in the game, if you don't smash the statues of them, they don't attack:o
    Going to have to come back to this and mop up a few achievments (was working on the counter 3 enemies one before I got distracted by Ratchet & Clank)

Platinumgames have revealed their new IP by the way (sadly not a sequel to Bayonetta, but I'm sure it'll be fantastic!)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/platinumgames-reveals-vanquish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Finished on normal and now I'm off to play Darksiders. Loved the game and will definitely go back to it to play through on hard and possibly non-stop climax!

Not looking forward to seeing G&G a lot more though!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Bump:
    Bayonetta out now on Steam with 4k support:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460790/

After playing Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Nier Automata, this is pretty much a done deal for me. Here's hoping they don't do a Bulletstorm Remastered on it...

It's a pity that Bayonetta 2 will never see the light of day on PC though.

*sigh*

Guess that'll be a third copy for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well f**k me if this thread title don't look like Bayonetta 3!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bump:
    Bayonetta out now on Steam with 4k support:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460790/

After playing Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Nier Automata, this is pretty much a done deal for me. Here's hoping they don't do a Bulletstorm Remastered on it...

It's a pity that Bayonetta 2 will never see the light of day on PC though.

Sure, just buy a WiiU!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sure, just buy a WiiU!
    I actually bought a WiiU to get Bayonetta 1 & 2 as a main reason for doing so along with Zelda to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've been enjoying this again. That countdown page was so hype. Don't think I've bought a game so fast in my life. I was going to buy from humble but decided I might want steam's refund policy in effect just in case the port was borked or something. Port is fine so far.

I remember the FPS being pretty crap on PS3 at times. This runs so smoothly. Playing with Japanese audio this time around, too.
    I want Bayonetta smother me with her ass.

Maybe Sega will release Vanquish now knowing they can make mad dosh from this kind of behavior :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PS3 port was an absolute travesty.

Advertisement