Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta :3

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Digital Foundry did their tests on it.
    https://youtu.be/BVbQF0Ubz48

GTX 980Ti was able to hold 4k60
    GTX 970 held 1440p60
    The ancient Radeon HD7770 (findable for €40) was able to do 1080p60!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please let them put Bayonetta 2 on the Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Please let them put Bayonetta 2 on the Switch.

Bring them both to the system, it would be spectacular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm amazed at how well this runs and also annoyed that the PC version of Nier Automata still has horrendous frame pacing issues.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Pretty certain the console versions have issue with frame pacing as well. Not really a port issue and more and engine issue. Hopefully the developers fix it on all versions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,155 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frankly, I think this puts Nier in a bad light for other reasons: the underwhelming gameplay in that game has absolutely nothing on the balletic brawls of Bayonetta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Frankly, I think this puts Nier in a bad light for other reasons: the underwhelming gameplay in that game has absolutely nothing on the balletic brawls of Bayonetta.

Ah but it makes up for it in just how weird the whole thing is. The story gets so good on the new game plus paths.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,155 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah but it makes up for it in just how weird the whole thing is. The story gets so good on the new game plus paths.

I'm a good bit into the second playthrough. There's some decent stuff in there, I just wish there wasn't so much mediocre game surrounding it.

I'm a good bit into the second playthrough. There's some decent stuff in there, I just wish there wasn't so much mediocre game surrounding it.

It's not the best thing platinum have made but it's not bad either. Perfectly playable. I'd take something like automata that's interesting but not successful 100% of the time over more polished games that have been focus tested into being bland. It's the kind of weird B tier game we got in the PS2 era.

It's still a he'll of a lot more polished than the first Nier and I loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Well it is somewhat successful, having shipped over a million copies for a game with the fraction of the budget of FFXV, as well as being critically acclaimed for being one of the most unique game of the last couple of years.

Back to Bayonetta, and I remembered the one thing I hate about these type of games - the grading system after every fight. Nothing makes you feel more like a scrub than getting golds in the verses and then a stone medal at the end of each chapter for having the temerity to use healing items...oh well, guess there's nothing for it but to git gud!

• Advertisement
Advertisement