Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta :3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I've gotten two pure platinum medals, but mostly gold. Didn't know there was separate pure / non-pure platinum!

Yup, and the real trick is getting an overall stage pure platinum. Though you only need platinum in all stages to get jeanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Well?! Too cold for me to pick up today, does anyone know how much is it in Tescos?

Also... OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Any idea what the price is in Xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty sure it was 49.99 in xtravision for both consoles yesterday.
    I picked it up in gamestop for 44.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got it for 45 in GAME (well 15 after getting rid of ACII) haven't played it yet as I bought Darksiders as well and ended up playing it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Got it for 45 in GAME (well 15 after getting rid of ACII) haven't played it yet as I bought Darksiders as well and ended up playing it!

Are you heyheyaces on xbl?

I saw that one of my friends had it but foolishly only got as far as 1 achievement... It gets so much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

tman wrote: »

Nope, thats me... (see sig)
    I'm well into AC2.... great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

tman wrote: »

I saw that one of my friends had it but foolishly only got as far as 1 achievement... It gets so much better!

Nope that's not me. I got to Venice, decided I didn't want to carry on playing it. So I decided to trade in while the value is high and then if I want to finish it pick it up when it's next to nothing!

(Darksiders is awesome by the way, just takes a little while to get going.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Will I need a players guide? Very new to this genre

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Only if you are gay.

Playersguides are for the xbox generation idiots who cant play a game without a shiny glossy manual that tells them how.

Tutorial pretty much tells you everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

3 bosses in so far and I honestly think that Kamiya has destroyed DMC. Bayonetta is the best game in its genre.
    It has plenty of those mad, epic scale boss fights that made DMC1 so incredible

/hyperbole
    Any idea what the price is in Xtravision?
    I got it for 50 notes in Xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

If u are that stuck, just go onto gamefaq its free. But i agree with the other posters, guides are gay. They take away the whole feeling of achievement from the game.

Still to get it myself as tesco are idiots and dont have the game yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

pipeliner wrote: »
    If u are that stuck, just go onto gamefaq its free. But i agree with the other posters, guides are gay. They take away the whole feeling of achievement from the game.

Yep, avoid using any kind of guide until you are stuck and on the verge of giving up.
    I'm playing it on normal difficulty, but there are 2 difficulty levels below that depending on how brave you're feeling. (the easiest difficulty is playable with 1 button apparently!)
    If you're new to the genre, maybe try knocking it down a peg.

Thank you Mindkiller & Mr E.
    I picked it up from Gamestop on the way home today, just gotten to chapter 3.
    Game is off the wall crazy, but I love the fact I seem to be getting at it :D.
    Love the little references here and there:
    "Heh, what'd ya buying? I heard that in a game once."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I love this game! A constantly exciting celebration of everything video games. From the rich, rewarding combat system, to the often laugh-out-loud references to video game culture (favourite so far is Bayonetta
    yelling Henshin A-Go-Go as she dives over lava :D
    ). It is just so much fun, and the difficulty curve demands you get better. It is the kind of game where there is plenty of stuff you've never done before (or at least on a far bigger, more insane level than anything you've done before) but deeply rooted in decades of gaming history. It is simply an endlessly fun video game, and that is all it has to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Not enjoying this at all. Its too difficult on medium and far too easy on easy. The 'wild variations' of gameplay promised in reviews is just bull****. Theres been **** all variation, so far its just point A to point B and kill everything in between. Dialogue would make your arse cringe its that bad, i almost feel embarassed when my girlfriend watches me playing it. Story is nonexsistant, camera is woefully bad at times, and its absolutely nothing that hasnt been seen before in DMC or GOW. Biggest disappointment of the year and its only the 11th of January :rolleyes: Another case of a game hyped to buggery and failing to deliver anything new at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

0ubliette wrote: »
    Not enjoying this at all. Its too difficult on medium and far too easy on easy. The 'wild variations' of gameplay promised in reviews is just bull****. Theres been **** all variation, so far its just point A to point B and kill everything in between. Dialogue would make your arse cringe its that bad, i almost feel embarassed when my girlfriend watches me playing it. Story is nonexsistant, camera is woefully bad at times, and its absolutely nothing that hasnt been seen before in DMC or GOW. Biggest disappointment of the year and its only the 11th of January :rolleyes: Another case of a game hyped to buggery and failing to deliver anything new at all.

dude,obviously ACT is not your cup of tea :( just refund and get the right genre you like.
    if you like DMC/GOW but not this, which is weird, they are all kinda 'so far its just point A to point B and kill everything in between. Dialogue would make your arse cringe its that bad' too.

while i am still looking for a cheap x360 merely for this game (and i will also can play Lost Odyssey with that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

seraphimvc wrote: »
    dude,obviously ACT is not your cup of tea :( just refund and get the right genre you like.
    if you like DMC/GOW but not this, which is weird, they are all kinda 'so far its just point A to point B and kill everything in between. Dialogue would make your arse cringe its that bad' too.

while i am still looking for a cheap x360 merely for this game (and i will also can play Lost Odyssey with that).

my complaint isnt that its jsut point A to B, its that reviews of the game promised the sun moon and stars, and said it was the most inventive game since super mario galaxy, which is ridiculous bull****. Its just another beat em up, and does nothing new at all.

my complaint isnt that its jsut point A to B, its that reviews of the game promised the sun moon and stars, and said it was the most inventive game since super mario galaxy, which is ridiculous bull****. Its just another beat em up, and does nothing new at all.

You were sold a turkey by whatever review you read. The story, dialogue and everything else that comes with it are exactly as you would come to expect from DMC or NG styled games, possibly with even less effort put in.

Bayonetta's selling point is the fighting system, perhaps not a revolution in control but far ahead of DMC and NG.
    It won't appeal to anyone unwilling to learn this system and without doing so the normal difficulty will probably prove frustrating and boring.

Its that good i've been considering picking up a 360 so i can play it as it was intended.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm really enjoying this, but a groundbreaker it ain't. Difficulty can ramp up without warning which can be frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

enjoyable game - pretty much DMC with bewbs :D

Personally loved hearing Outrun tune being played

Plenty of variation not only in the combat (try out the different weapons) but in the game as a whole too.
    From the moment it has been announced EVERYONE, including the press have said the story/dialogue is (albeit wonderfully OTT) cringe wordy. The whole concept is ridiculous, I don't see how you missed this before you bought it.
    Haven't had camera problems myself, are you controlling it? Had to get used to the X-axis being inverted to what I used to, but other than that the arena's are pretty big so I think it shouldn't be a problem.

I guess I feel kind of opposite. As someone who didn't understand the hype at all I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Have ta say, i'm loving this game. It's just ridiculous fun. It has a great sense of humour and never takes itself too seriously, which is very refreshing for any action type game on the xbox.

Only thing that gets me is the difficulty. It does seem to just get insanely difficult at times (i died up to 6 times at one point). But it is forcing me to actually use more of the combos instead of just button mashing.

Btw, did anyone else notice at the start whe she goes from the east coast of america to the west of europe. She takes about 4 plane trips and a train across europe in the other direction. Small thing, but I lol'd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

i have a horrible feeling that this is okami 2. An excellent, critically acclaimed game that no-one will buy because it is a little odder than the normal and has nt a 2 beside its name.

I was slightly apprehensive when i started playing this. 6 hours later i had to pry the controller out of my hand. Both because its so addictive and the fact it melted from so much button bashing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I normally hate these type of hack and slash button bashers but decided to give the genre another go with Bayonetta. Again though I just can't get into it no matter how hard I try. It just feels like I'm mashing buttons as fast as I can and I'm bored within 10 minutes. Granted there are apparently tons of combos and some of the special moves are pretty cool to look at but at the end of the day it's just another hack and slasher (with added guns) albeit a very stylish one. One thing I will say though is that the story is so completely nuts you can only laugh at it.

That said I usually don't like these type of games anyway so it probably wasn't for me in the first place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played the demo of this and thought it was appalling. I find a game with a ridiculously shaped female lead that rewards you for getting better combos by making her more naked is an insult to my intelligence and taste and is the sort of nonsense that needs to disappear.

The gameplay itself - not normally my cuppa tea, but was challenging trying to get the combos right. I found it did lend itself to button mashing at times though.

However, I was just too angry at being expected to respond well to pointless on-screen titillation to give any consideration to buying this. I would have if it that wasn't the case, so instead may pick up DMC if that's what those games are like (I've never played any of them).

pipeliner wrote: »
    i have a horrible feeling that this is okami 2. An excellent, critically acclaimed game that no-one will buy because it is a little odder than the normal and has nt a 2 beside its name.

I was slightly apprehensive when i started playing this. 6 hours later i had to pry the controller out of my hand. Both because its so addictive and the fact it melted from so much button bashing

Could be right, despite the review scores people seem to be very slow to pick it up.
    Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this, as I normally like games with a solid story and as mentioned, the "story" in this is beyond ridiculous... But the action is pretty good and as the difficulty ramps up in later chapters (and I'm only playing on normal so far), button bashing just doesn't cut it anymore - plus it is quite satisfying to pull off some of the more complicated combos or to whoop some difficult enemies without taking any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Played the demo there
    Think ill get it at the weekend, lot of fun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Perhaps it is just me having just finished the series, but there are quite a few similarities between this and Neon Genesis Evangelion! From the central concept of fighting angels to the (brilliant) Fly Me To The Moon remixes. Not complaining or anything, or perhaps just another layer to the constant otaku cultural referencing by Platinum.

Now finished chapter ten, and still enjoying this as much as I was in the first place. The Alfheim mini-games are bastards though. Kept thinking I was doing well in
    the wicked weaves one
    , only for another wave of angels to spawn. Mastering this system would take a hell of a lot of time.

Advertisement