Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Please Read] Bargain Alert Tags - suggestions / feedback required?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

basquille wrote: »
    Myself, Ruu and CuLT will chat it about it shortly.

Any update on the outcome of this chat, basquille?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

snubbleste wrote: »
    Any update on the outcome of this chat, basquille?
    There's been a war and now a ceasefire in the Middle East since the talks began :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I think the new category tags are VERY distracting and offer no improvement on what was there before.

There's also been an outbreak of very mediocre so called bargains posted and it just makes trawling through all the crap to find a decent deal more time consuming. A year ago you knew that the majority of threads on here would have a genuine deal. Updating the thread title with 'Debatable Bargain' or something to that effect when the consensus in the thread is that it's not up to much would at least make it easier to identify what threads to ignore.

Threads like the iBood of the day seem to make sense keeping them together but imo most iBood offers are muck so I don't check that thread often. What's the harm with having a separate thread if iBood do have a very good deal - don't think anyone will care who's offerring it if they see a thread saying '40" Full HD Sony LCD for €300' or whatever.

Maybe keep an iBood discussion thread for all the 'iBood are offerring a blender I wouldn't pay 20 notes for in a shop but for some reason I want to buy it for 30 cos iBood say it has an RRP of 80 - is this a good deal' posts. Then when a true bargain is posted, split that into a separate thread for the greater visibility.

All in all it's a very good forum but I use it far less nowadays due to the high percentage of crap so am gradually moving away from it but a few easy fixes and it would be back on track. Fair play to all bargain posters and mods by the way.

Haven't read the rest of the thread and since some bargains are mis-priced it won't work for everything, but how about a 'Bargain of the Day/Week' section which'd be updated daily/weekly? Could be broken down into the various subjects (Elec, Gen etc.) that it's presently broken down into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Bump, Any Update?

• Advertisement

This feedback thread is almost 4 months old
    Mods, get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Basquille, its now a month since you said you would look talk with the other mods about this!

democracy please! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ive lost faith in humanity.
    obama said he would bring change, and he didnt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Actually.. this situation is more like the Lisbon Treaty.

Ye voted no... now I'm gonna give me one last chance to vote yes in a new thread.

We'll keep doing this til ye get it right!

PS - just sent CuLT and Ruu a PM regarding this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

We Obviously know better than you Basquille, P45!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Actually.. this situation is more like the Lisbon Treaty. Ye voted no... now I'm gonna give me one last chance to vote yes in a new thread. We'll keep doing this til ye get it right!

Oi! Don't steal my joke!
    13/1/09 : Methinks this is going to be treated like Lisbon. They don't like our first result so we will be asked to vote again. :p

They've been removed !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

snubbleste wrote: »
    They've been removed !
    Not specifically.. they won't be displayed as a prefix in front of thread titles anymore.

But you will still be required to select a prefix when you create a new thread as the ability to filter by prefix remains.

Not specifically.. they won't be displayed as a prefix in front of thread titles anymore.
    But you will still be required to select a prefix when you create a new thread as the ability to filter by prefix remains.

Oh, that does'nt sound too bad
    The coloured prefixes are not visible and that's the main thing
    Normally I'd say job well done but they've been an excessively long experiment on user eyes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you remove them from the title of the thread, after entering the thread. The reason its driving me crazy is when you get a email notification of a post, but in the subject line all you can see is the prefix most of the time if checking email on a mobile. I know its only something small but it has be annoying me for ages,,, thanks in advance ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any update about the prefix on email notifications?

Advertisement