Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Please Read] Bargain Alert Tags - suggestions / feedback required?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Can't really see the point of them here. Most people who look at bargain alerts aren't looking for anything in particular other than a good bargain. I would still only read the thread title and not the new tag. The new tag just makes it harder to do so.

As for using a filter, well theres already a Search Forum feature.

I vote to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Might advise CuLT to try some small images as an indication instead. I think we're gonna try a few alternatives before we ditch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Would it be possible to have them to the right of the collumn.

That way if you look to the right you can go through the titles that way ,if you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

don't like them either...searching for bargains most of time but not in any particular category...it just slows you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

too many tags

General
    Food
    Computers
    Entertainment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

I too am not a fan of the tags.
    It is way too cluttered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

is it possible just to put them under the thread title next to the user's name in small text, very difficult to quickly glance at the offers at the moment

Tags now have been revamped and relaunched..

I await your feedback.. which we'll pretend to heed and take on board! :P

Har-de-har-har..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

basquille wrote: »
    Tags now have been revamped and relaunched..

I await your feedback.. which we'll pretend to heed and take on board! :P

Har-de-har-har..

I prefer the new tags as they are what I initially requested when the old tag system was launched. Then again, what do I know, it's not like my opinion matters around here, eh basquille...? :cool:

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I prefer the new tags as they are what I initially requested when the old tag system was launched. Then again, what do I know, it's not like my opinion matters around here, eh basquille...? :cool:
    Pfft... quiet down...

Ah no, any suggestions are welcome. I quite like them how they are now anyways..

• Advertisement

Pfft... quiet down...

Ah no, any suggestions are welcome. I quite like them how they are now anyways..

I do agree, they look well. Was the update down to you? If so, I like how you're obviously subtly looking for praise for a job well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

*man enters with lopsided mustache with sellotape* Ahem, hello there. I find these new tags absolutely brill! Job well done! I am not Ruu by the way!

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I do agree, they look well. Was the update down to you? If so, I like how you're obviously subtly looking for praise for a job well done.
    No, all praise and kudos should go to CuLT.

We've been meaning to implement them sooner but only got around to it now.

No, all praise and kudos should go to CuLT.

We've been meaning to implement them sooner but only got around to it now.

Good stuff. Well done to CuLT so! :D

No doubt other users will be as forthcoming with their praise as they were with their feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I still think the only tag required is "expired" .. and perhaps a "hot" one for things like pricing errors and shockingly good offers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Random wrote: »
    I still think the only tag required is "expired" .. and perhaps a "hot" one for things like pricing errors and shockingly good offers.

I would agree, liked the way they weren't compulsory before.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think the colours need to be stronger. Other than the expired tag they don't stand out very well on the default skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Maybe colour the brackets as well or lighten them. I still find them distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I'd prefer not to have them at all, except for the expired tag. I looks over crowded to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Do we really need to have those prefix tags before each thread in Bargain alerts?

I think it's fairly easy to figure out the contents of the bargain from the thread title without the need for the prefix.

It makes the overall page look very cluttered and more difficult to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

another vote here to get rid of them

Merged with existing thread regarding Feedback for the tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

sedohre wrote: »
    I'd prefer not to have them at all, except for the expired tag. I looks over crowded to me

I agree with this. I think the tags are very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Hate them aswell. +1 to get rid of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

get rid of them tbh, expired is a good idea, or a way to vote a thread into a "hot" category.

its something that wasnt needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

How about an image to sum up the category instead of text in brackets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

snubbleste wrote: »
    [Get rid of the tags please] Are the tags staying or going?

Don't like them at all, it makes the Bargain Alerts forum look very cluttered (compared to the rest of boards) and it's not pleasing to my eye.

Get rid of them or make them invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I must say i HATE the GROC etc, Much prefered Entertainment etc rather than 4 letter prefix.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

I don't really like them, but they do not bother me too much.

What does bother me is when people create a new thread; and the heading is so vague, with no information on what the contents are. IE a thread heading: 'I saw this great deal online today '

Boo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

franman wrote: »
    Hate them aswell. +1 to get rid of them

me too

Advertisement