Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,008 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

taconnol wrote: »
    Begone to AH! Threads on Irish women are ten a penny. This is our turn!

Sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

latchyco wrote: »
    Cant see any irish dude, young or old ,coming on here and saying he's ugly now can ya ? :D

Well I've been told I'm not bad looking or whatever, but I don't see it. I guess I'm not ugly either though. I must be bland. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Ok I think it works both ways but I've noticed that the majority of the time its good looking girls with below average looking guys. I'm not saying there should be a class system for looks but in many cases it can be a frustrating sight.
    I want to be one of those guys:D

I am one of those guys ;) no shame in saying most girls I've gone out with are better looking than me.. If Irish men can overcome their apparent physical deficiencies and use the Irish charm then there's no stopping us :D that might explain why ugly guys are with hot girls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Sorry :o

Only joking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Normally I wouldn't be mad into Irish guys but anyone see Craig Doyle on Tubridy sat night?

/swoons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I think irish guys in general are attractive when they clean up. I'd say its their lack of hygeine of ironing a shirt that puts them at a disadvantage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,008 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

taconnol wrote: »
    Only joking ;)

So i can stay woohoo \o/.

I was saying about the Irish ladies because I have never been able to find an Irish lady who likes me for me, only ever been out with foreign woman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

missmatty wrote: »
    Normally I wouldn't be mad into Irish guys but anyone see Craig Doyle on Tubridy sat night?

/swoons
    Craig Doyle is one of those perfect specimens.

I was deeply saddened when he got married to someone who wasn't me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

This website is so disappointing... http://www.hotirishman.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

LolaDub wrote: »
    I think irish guys in general are attractive when they clean up. I'd say its their lack of hygeine of ironing a shirt that puts them at a disadvantage
    That's the thing Lola ,when i see or hear guys complain about their lack of success with womon and they look like and dress like rab c nesbitt ( I know he's a superhero to some ;) ) then i shake my head .What the guys have to remember is simple .You dont have to have the looks of brad pitt ,it's your appearence and the effort you made that counts .It doesnt mean going out and paying £300 on a new suit .Just make the best of what you have and iron the shirt,trousers, polish the shoes and brush the teeth .Was going to suggest shave but some of the opposite sex might like a stubble on a man so leave that option open ;)

this post is not to be taken serious

• Advertisement

All i ask is that a guy isn't a psycho, is capable of taking a shower regularly and is able to wash his clothes. So many guys at work come in with their shirts/tracksuits/trousers covered in creases , hair dripping in gel (doesn't fool us that you've had a shower), smelling of lynx and b.o-also a giveaway on no shower. I'm not a snob about it but basic hygeine is something thats lost on a fair number of irish men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tracksuits/trousers covered in creases

I always iron my shell suits. Has to be done on a low setting though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

All i ask is that a guy isn't a psycho, is capable of taking a shower regularly and is able to wash his clothes. So many irish guys at work come in with their shirts/tracksuits/trousers covered in creases , hair dripping in gel (doesn't fool us that you've had a shower), smelling of lynx and b.o-also a giveaway on no shower. I'm not a snob about it but basic hygeine is something thats lost on a fair number of irish men
    And herein lies the problem with Irish women, or women in general really. If a woman seriously judges me because my shirt has creases in it then she is not the kind of woman i want to be with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

farohar wrote: »
    Thinking of the skanger infestation that seems to have set up along most of the east coast I'd say our attractiveness is in rapid decline.:(

In general though I think considering how insular we were until recently we wouldn't have as broad a genebase as in most other countries, this is not good for producing the optimum young (for example we have an abnormally high occurance of cystic fibrosis in our population) so there is a decent chance that Irish people are on average less attractive than those in other European countries.

:D We are only a mixture of Fir bolg, Celt, Dane, Norman, Saxon, Huguenot, Palatine, + loads of other small groups.
    TBH - one thing I have noted from my travels is how diverse the Irish are in terms of colouring and shape. Nothing wrong with the gene pool really.

I'd say you're reading a bit much into my post. Creases aren't the be all and end all, its a general thing of hygeine. A lot of men in work would only shower themselves once a week or so and pile on the lynx to cover any odour and their clothes are permanently stained and serverely creased. Everybody gets creases in their clothes sometimes. As the thread title was are irish men handsome my 2c was that they are when they clean up a bit. Can you tell me you'd find a hardly showered, dirty clothes woman attractive?

I'm sure in all cases 'true love' prevails would oversee any flaw but i think a lot of men who consider themselves unattractive look very well when they're clean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

So many gorgeous men out there. I think I found a fellow boardie with the same reason for coming over here, lol :eek::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

So many gorgeous men out there. I think I found a fellow boardie with the same reason for coming over here, lol :eek::P

lol another swedish woman yay for us!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I think Irish men are handsome yes... when we put in the effort :)

My cousin got married last year so obviously he put in the effort for the day and I barely recognised him. We scrub up well for the most part.

Will wrote: »

We scrub up well for the most part.
    you certainly do;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭molly(",)

i think its 50/50 !!!i:p have seen sum really not so gud looking irish men!! bt in saying dat even the most ugly irish men have the gift of the gab!!! id prefer an irish man to any other nationalty personally !!:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ha ha. 'You' as in male irish population I'm sure you mean. :)

If a guy who isn't that "visually appealing" puts a bit of effort in, irons a shirt, cleans up etc girls are gonna notice

Will wrote: »
    Ha ha. 'You' as in male irish population I'm sure you mean. :)

If a guy who isn't that "visually appealing" puts a bit of effort in, irons a shirt, cleans up etc girls are gonna notice
    haha yeah that's what I meant:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

yes they are

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So. Swedish women love Irish men, Irish men love Swedish women. Lovely. That's that sorted out for you OP?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So. Swedish women love Irish men, Irish men love Swedish women. Lovely.
    tee hee yeah that sums it up pretty well:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Kya1976 wrote: »
    tee hee yeah that sums it up pretty well:D

Make sure you tell all your female friends back home how nice Ireland is!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Jackz wrote: »

ah you see they know... Swedes don't travel well, though (or is that Danes?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Zaph wrote: »
    As a bloke I would have said that in general Irish guys are pretty average looking, neither seriously ugly or as handsome
    There are Irish men that are real knockouts, attractive in many ways! My foreign born Mum was lucky to marry my Irish Da indeed! Ta' a'thas orm faoi seo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Generally no, I dont think they are. I am lucky to have found a very attractive one, in my boyfriend. I rarely fancied any of the "local" guys when I was younger and even when I got to college, out of the thousands of guys there, I think I came across 2 attractive ones. I've found Scandinavian guys to be the most attractive out of any of the nationalities.

• Advertisement

Jackz wrote: »
    lol done that already:pac::pac::D

Advertisement