Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options
  • 05-10-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from this quote from our newbie Swedish poster here:
    Kya1976 wrote: »
    lol your all handsome anyway

The question is - do you consider Irish men to be handsome? Now this isn't me or any of the lads fishing for compliments or anything, I'm genuinely curious. As a bloke I would have said that in general Irish guys are pretty average looking, neither seriously ugly or as handsome as the *insert nationality of choice*. There have been loads of AH threads comparing Eastern European women to Irish women, but how do us blokes stack up?

And please keep it general, we don't want to shatter the already fragile egos of some of our male posters by naming names. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm fvcking georgeous. End of.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'm fvcking georgeous. End of.

Not quite the demographic I was aiming for there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

irish lads are truly awesome!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Zaph wrote: »
    As a bloke I would have said that in general Irish guys are pretty average looking, neither seriously ugly or as handsome as the *insert nationality of choice*.
    what the hell is wrong with you zaph, you've caught the gheyness.

Cremo wrote: »
    what the hell is wrong with you zaph, you've caught the gheyness.

Boredom on a Sunday night is a terrible thing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he'll be talking about his "feelings" soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Well MY Irish boyfriend is only gawjuss! :D

Mordeth wrote: »
    he'll be talking about his "feelings" soon enough

My wha?

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Well MY Irish boyfriend is only gawjuss! :D
    and so is mine.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

im going to sound gay here, but ill say yes, particulary the younger generation. we are quite a sporty country, like irish kids according to a report take part in more sports than any other country.

this can only be a positive as the more activity you take part in the fitter you are, and 'being fit'=good for image.

this was meant to be english by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Er...next question

Only joking. I personally find south European men more attractive but I think that's something to do with them being more exotic. Then again, I spent the weekend in Paris a few weeks ago with a gay friend and we just couldn't deny the better quality talent (men and women..sorry ladies..). But it may have had a lot to do with style, clothing, personal grooming, etc.

So my answer is er..um..ah...

yeah. the days of men (young or old) not taking pride or whatever in their
    appearence are well and truly gone.
    guys these days spend just as much as us wimmens on products
    ie face creams,tans, manicures...:eek:
    keep it up boys...:D

actually our football team is god awful looking. aiden mcgeady? robbie keane? damien duff?

Stephen Kelly though? Wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

irish men are absolutely sexy and handsome and have a great sense of humor. that's why i moved over here anyway:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm not gay, but the younger generation do seem to take of themselves more in terms of haircuts and stuff which can make a big difference. Plus foreign holidays to sunny countries takes off the pasty look.

Though I am part of the younger generation(24), I personally look like a bag of hammers, don't use face creams/aftershave and haven't had a haircut in yonks.:pac: So I guess I'm out of the competition.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Irish men every any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Irish guys are really attractive personality-wise. In other parts of Europe, the guys seem to be generally better-looking (but then again, so do the women). But Irish guys have the best sense of humor. How I miss them when I'm away...:D

ye i should add im part of the younger generation and i have a nose the corporation could do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I don't have a problem with how Irish men look. I just have a problem with how they act.

Now first, it needs to be accepted that this thread by its definition is going to be full of sweeping generalisations. :D

Irish Men - the Negatives
    1. The mammy complex. We are not your mammy. Wash your own fucking jocks.
    2. The virgins and sluts issue. I am not a virgin, but that doesn't mean I'm a slut, capiche?
    3. The deep-felt rejection. Irish men seem to have a self confidence issue that other nationalities don't suffer from as intensely. If you approach me in a bar, and I reject your advances, it's actually okay. You don't need to tell me I must be a lesbian, or I'm a stuck up bitch, or I'm not really that good looking. Honestly. You don't need to.
    4. Gift allergies. It is acceptable, when we are dating, to buy me gifts. The fact that I appreciate flowers (not the petrol station kind), love perfume and adore a surprise bottle of champagne doesn't make me a gold-digging tramp. You don't have to wait until my birthday to get me a gift, and even if you do it's generally considered good manners not to tell me how much it cost as I'm unwrapping it, okay?
    5. Presumptions of worthiness. Why is it, that if I DO wash your jocks and pretend I've never had another boyfriend and praise your ego at all times and buy YOU gifts when it's not your birthday, you behave as though that's the right and proper natural order of things and I shouldn't expect anything special in return?
    6. My friends: The Cold War Revisited. My friends are not your sworn enemies. They couldn't care less. Get over it.
    7. My friends: They Don't All Fancy You. And even if they do, that doesn't mean you're "in there".
    8. Let's talk about "You're just like your mother" and other things you should never say in a fight.

Irish Men - the Positives

When they're not up their own arses, Irish men are some of the funniest, kindest, most emotionally intelligent men in the world. If you have a good one, hold onto him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Irish men are great..and attractive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I am.

*leaves*

Galvasean wrote: »
    I am.

*leaves*
    get back here....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Galvasean wrote: »
    I am.

*leaves*

I am too

*Stays and awaits the admiration* :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Why are so many male comments accompanied by the disclaimer "I'm not gay but.." wtf?? insecure and slightly homophobic much?

Dave147 wrote: »
    I am too

*Stays and awaits the admiration* :P

tee hee dont let it get to your head now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Kya1976 wrote: »
    tee hee dont let it get to your head now;)

Too late, made you giggle :P Won't be able to fit my head out the door now! ;)

taconnol wrote: »
    Why are so many male comments accompanied by the disclaimer "I'm not gay but.." wtf?? insecure and slightly homophobic much?

In my case swap slightly for very and yeah you'd be pretty much on the money.

Jesus talk about taking something OTT. If someone is not gay then its simple they will state 'i am not gay but...'

wat is the deal?

Dave147 wrote: »
    Too late, made you giggle :P Won't be able to fit my head out the door now! ;)
    well thats another thing about you irish men your very modest:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Cant see any irish dude, young or old ,coming on here and saying he's ugly now can ya ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think Ireland, as a nation, has some very attractive people for the cream of it's crop... Unfortunately, for the regular joe(sephine) soap, we're well below par compared to other countries... That's usually due to tracksuit wearing, mullet scumbag guys and hoopy earing, orange skanky girls combined with too much drink and kebabs.

Advertisement