Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

yeah boards.ie clowns are the only ones ive known to actually have the time to think about the image of irish women. i think because most of them are loners with no life they feel that foreign women are more likely to 'get them'...or something.

I go out with foreign women because I love the difference in culture, and they look really exotic. I'm seeing a slovak girl at the moment and I am infatuated with her, her looks, accent, and just in general. I unfortunately can't get that for an Irish girl.. Not that there's anything wrong with them, it's just not for me. I have no shame in saying I'm more attracted to foreign women, I'm not a loner and they're no more likely to 'get me'. I don't agree with putting Irish women down, my mothers Irish and she's great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

so then italians in southern italy should be really damn ugly as well....in general.

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

dave i mean people who sit behind their computer talking about magical polish women who they never met or seen. im not talking about actually real life where you got a slovakian bird.

Dave147 wrote: »
    How so?

the argument of a 'small' genepool. not much recent immigration/ actually does anyone ever notice italian americans dont look actually italian? most of them are sicilian maby thats why.:D

same with denmark and sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

the argument is flawed. i have no idea how a wider gene pool makes someone more attractive. its not like(well wasn't it de vinci who said there was an equation for the perfect image?) there is a goal or a final result of being beutiful anyway. it really is relative.

It helps to breed out the defective, often, recessive genes and helps to average out extremes, e.g. the oversized nose commonly associated with Jews might have hung in there due to their tendancy to place a high value upon their partners being Jewish also, reducing the available genepool drastically for them.

It's the reason red hair is more common in Irish than most other nations, red hair is recessive, so in more genetically diverse populations it doesn't appear as much.

• Advertisement

actually i have russian jewish background and my nose is quite big, same with my mother...god i hate it. stupid nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

actually i have russian jewish background and my nose is quite big, same with my mother...god i hate it.
    you know what they say about roman noses......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The attempting to diversify genes would also be a possible motivation behind peoples' tendancy to find those of other countries more attractive than those of the same origin as themselves, e.g. Irish men on Polish women, Irish women on Italian/French men, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

minxie1 wrote: »
    you get better looking with one as you get older ? :D

hence why some irish people notice having better luck in places like italy and spain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

I met a gentleman from Ireland last year at a club in Portland, Oregon and he was very, very handsome!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

A true Irish fella's response to this thread would be;

"Ah shure we're not that bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

minxie1 wrote: »

There goes a man that comes, sees and conquers? (Not in that order).:)

I thought it was the irish accent that attracted foreign females to irish men .The looks were secondry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

latchyco wrote: »
    I thought it was the irish accent that attracted foreign females to irish men .The looks were secondry :pac:
    Yes, the Irish accent is very sexy!!!

would an italian even notice an accent? sure when i was in the us people thought i was australian.

Katie23 wrote: »
    + 100 For sexy irish accents

boooooooooo. my accent is so monotnous, wouldn't like to get stuck with me on the 84 nightshift i tell ue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

There goes a man that comes, sees and conquers? (Not in that order).:)
    exactly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I think Irish men are gorgeous!

I've never found the foreign tanned accent Italian or whatever thing attractive in the least. Just doesn't do it for me. I love that pasty white, milk bottle, burns-as-soon-as-sunlight-touches-it skin. *sigh* delicious.

Hurrah for Irish men! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

boooooooooo. my accent is so monotnous, wouldn't like to get stuck with me on the 84 nightshift i tell ue

We're going to need a soundbite there! The aural equivalent of 'pics of gtfo'...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I think Irish men are handsome to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Have travelled a lot and always rate Irish men above them all. They are generally a good lot taller than other nationalities, that helps. Can't beat a rugged Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

WindSock wrote: »
    I often find it easy to spot the Paddy in another country. I don't think we are the handsomest nation but I suppose we make up for that with our personalities. Well...some of us :P

^^^ This

The thing with Irish blokes is we're generally great 'craic' and women feel comfortable in our company, unlike (and I generalise horribly) sleazy Italians, idiot Americans or stiff Germans. It's amazing how much a good personality will help a woman over look physical deficiencies! :D

Like every nation we have our lookers but in general we are not an aesthetically pleasing group in comparison to say your Brazils, Venezuelas, Australias etc of this world.

Of course it's different strokes but if you stand back and look abjectly at the Irish nation we're decidely average (and there's not a lot wrong with that!).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Katie23 wrote: »

Damn, I have zero Irish accent. When I meet foreign people they don't know where I'm from - they think England or America not that I sound like either, it's just neutral. I'm beginning to think it's a slight disadvantage now.
    There is nothing worse though than seeing a not so good looking Irish guy (let's face it, ugly) with a gorgeous girlfriend. A lot of the time it turns out they haven't the personality to make up for it so I haven't a clue what is going on anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Damn, I have zero Irish accent. When I meet foreign people they don't know where I'm from - they think England or America not that I sound like either, it's just neutral. I'm beginning to think it's a slight disadvantage now.
    There is nothing worse though than seeing a not so good looking Irish guy (let's face it, ugly) with a gorgeous girlfriend. A lot of the time it turns out they haven't the personality to make up for it so I haven't a clue what is going on anymore..

I think it's the other way around usually you see a real handsome looking irish dude with an average looking girl.

funny to read the thread didn't think my comment would would cause a stir might have been funnier to say that irish men are butt ugly:pac::pac::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I think it's the other way around usually you see a real handsome looking irish dude with an average looking girl.

funny to read the thread didn't think my comment would would cause a stir might have been funnier to say that irish men are butt ugly:pac::pac::D:D

Ok I think it works both ways but I've noticed that the majority of the time its good looking girls with below average looking guys. I'm not saying there should be a class system for looks but in many cases it can be a frustrating sight.
    I want to be one of those guys:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I want to be one of those guys:D
    maybe one day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,024 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

fonpokno wrote: »
    I think Irish men are gorgeous!

I've never found the foreign tanned accent Italian or whatever thing attractive in the least. Just doesn't do it for me. I love that pasty white, milk bottle, burns-as-soon-as-sunlight-touches-it skin. *sigh* delicious.

Hurrah for Irish men! \o/

Now if only i could find a sexy Irish lady

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Now if only i could find a sexy Irish lady

Begone to AH! Threads on Irish women are ten a penny. This is our turn!

Advertisement