Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place To Live In Ireland?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Slig wrote: »
    Why would you want to move here? This place has gone to the dogs in the last couple of years. For example take Cork, Dublin, Galway or Limerick you might as well be in any other city in the world, At least then you might have some form of infrastructure and it might not be raining every day. Sure there is plenty to do but be prepared to pay through the nose for it and god help you if you think that you can just take a day out to go fishing!! you might as well just sit in your car on the driveway

Someone aint exactly been living life to the max I see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

luckylucky wrote: »
    I have to admit Cork City itself wouldn't fit into the bill as a beautiful spot but hardly as bad as what begrudgers make it out to be - in fact in a poll a couple years back - it was ranked as no.2 in Europe for residents happiness with the city they lived in.
    What's no. 1? Amsterdam? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

south east of ireland takes some beating -[the garden of ireland]- main reason to live in ireland are its people forget about the english banter ,they like the english have the same culture, you intergrate very easy,always ready to talk to you ,i always stay near gorey and have made many friends,its close to all the main places,like the lovely city of kilkenny-carlow[good shopping] beauty spots of avoca [as on tv]-also has the least rain fall in ireland -last feb i sat outside the pubs and cafe to eat my meals-and have done so for the last 3 years and i am coming back this feb again- just to drink that pint of guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

kevmy wrote: »
    Let me recommend to you somewhere around my own home patch - the border areas of Galway and Mayo.

We got the sea and we have the second and third biggest lakes in the island (Lough Corrib and Lough Mask) - all good for fishing. Close to a city/big town in Galway or slightly smaller places like Castlebar or Westport (Galway has about 3 hospitals and Castlebar has one also).
    Also if you live in the country the schools are better/ less jammed and ontop of that not as many skangers in the country. The seem to be more of an urban creature.

Recommended places Ballinrobe, Cong, Clonbur, Ougtherard anywhere in that area

Couldn't agree more, fantastic places with great people, fishing, landscapes, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

Hackballs Cross

best name evar !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Dublin, the greatest city in the world, all other city's are run by little girls. Dublin is number 1 producer of potassium, all other cities produce inferior potassium.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement