Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dav nagle wrote: »
    There are a few factors that make a quality service:

1. No matter what you ask for the shop will do everything in their power to get you what you want, when I get treated like this I am a customer for life.

2. That level of service must continue

3. The customer should be given time and care and never hear the words 'no'

Really is that simple :)

There is no better feeling when a shop looks after you and takes the burden of finding something away, and then delivers.

Best of luck

Cough ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Cough ...

I have some 'cough' bottle for you here in the house if you need me to hook you up. I have said this before quality service = customer for life and when I get my capital grant I know who I will be spending it with. AW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fret_wimp

Im going to ask a cheeky question but If you dont ask you wont know, right?

Can xmusic guarantee that they can match the prices on sites like Thomann or some of the uk sites?

I was out there a few days ago and the price that was quoted on one specific guitar was about 280 more expensive than on thomann and even more expensive than on some of the UK sites.

Im happy to pay a little more for the ability to go to a store and walk out that day with the item in question, but paying anything over 100 quid more than internet prices is out of the question and I will wait a few days for delivery from an online store if it will save me over 100 quid.

Sorry to say I feel most of the irish public will do the same. A guarantee to match some of the online stores would really really help xmusic out, by letting customers see they are committed to giving the best value possible. just a thought.

fret_wimp wrote: »
    Im going to ask a cheeky question but If you dont ask you wont know, right?

Can xmusic guarantee that they can match the prices on sites like Thomann or some of the uk sites?

I was out there a few days ago and the price that was quoted on one specific guitar was about 280 more expensive than on thomann and even more expensive than on some of the UK sites.

Im happy to pay a little more for the ability to go to a store and walk out that day with the item in question, but paying anything over 100 quid more than internet prices is out of the question and I will wait a few days for delivery from an online store if it will save me over 100 quid.

Sorry to say I feel most of the irish public will do the same. A guarantee to match some of the online stores would really really help xmusic out, by letting customers see they are committed to giving the best value possible. just a thought.

Good Idea!
    I'm not sure it would be entirely practical though as the sell price is often dictated by the price the store pays.

So if Fender (for example) sell a batch of guitars to Mr.T and an end of line price and X bought the same ones a month earlier for 15% more there will be a price difference.

However, if X buy in a similar way they could be cheaper on some things -

Swings and Roundabouts I guess ...

Maybe they should have a meeting monday morning and discuss the tread There is more to the Irish shopping than those looking for startup guitar packs.

Its a savage shop but come on, get the simple things right.

I'll be out there Monday for a meeting, I'll mention this thread ...

• Advertisement

I have some 'cough' bottle for you here in the house if you need me to hook you up. I have said this before quality service = customer for life and when I get my capital grant I know who I will be spending it with. AW.

No, I actually do have a cough, blocked nose etc ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

So are they your competitors or your compadres?

Savman wrote: »
    So are they your competitors or your compadres?

Customers! We supply them with sE now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Good, they all have PC's so maybe there should be some kind of branch calender to put in reminders to call people back etc....

This is the last time I'm talking about it. I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Good Idea!
    I'm not sure it would be entirely practical though as the sell price is often dictated by the price the store pays.

So if Fender (for example) sell a batch of guitars to Mr.T and an end of line price and X bought the same ones a month earlier for 15% more there will be a price difference.

However, if X buy in a similar way they could be cheaper on some things -

Swings and Roundabouts I guess ...
    of course theres factors dictating the price but even if they only make the tiniest profit on something,its more than likely that the customer will return to xmusic for other purchases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i'm just saying that if i got my knickers in a twist over every "non call back" then i'd have a lot of twisty knickers. its an irish thing, we always do it, i've gotton it from bt, 3 and loads of other companies. its a fact of life, in this country you have to chase people for everything. i'm used to it, and at this stage i accept it, and i dont see the attitiude changing anytime soon.

my advice? take smiler up on his offer and move on....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭fitz

To be fair, as long as we accept it, it's never gonna change.
    The service industry in this country is a disgrace.
    As suggested, it's easy enough to log enquiries in a freebie helpdesk type database, or just add callbacks to a shared calendar. It just needs to be thought out and put in place.
    If this was done, you wouldn't be long about having a vast difference in quality between your service and everyone elses; something any business should be serious about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

i'm just saying that if i got my knickers in a twist over every "non call back" then i'd have a lot of twisty knickers. its an irish thing, we always do it, i've gotton it from bt, 3 and loads of other companies. its a fact of life, in this country you have to chase people for everything. i'm used to it, and at this stage i accept it, and i dont see the attitiude changing anytime soon.

my advice? take smiler up on his offer and move on....

I've experienced it outside Ireland too. As service cultures go we might not be the best but we're not the worst.

I agree it shouldn't be accepted and should definitely be complained about.

However I can be guilty of the odd slip up myself ... I ain't a Robot, Daddy-O I'm an Artist!! That's the way we fly ...

I agree it shouldn't be accepted and should definitely be complained about.

However I can be guilty of the odd slip up myself ... I ain't a Robot, Daddy-O I'm an Artist!! That's the way we fly ...
    thats a ballsy move calling yourself an artist round these parts :D

seannash wrote: »
    thats a ballsy move calling yourself an artist round these parts :D

Don't worry, Dav will be around shortly to clarify things with a poem.

seannash wrote: »
    of course theres factors dictating the price but even if they only make the tiniest profit on something,its more than likely that the customer will return to xmusic for other purchases.

exactly. As i was treated well in Musician Inc, i returned for all music purchases, strings, gadgets, cases and most recently an acoustic. I do this because they went out of thier way to help me out.

I brought in my 5 year old ibanez one day as it wasnt playing so well and they adjusted the truss there and then for free. very decent and made me take my custom back again and again.

Im in the market for a new strat and amp and If they can offer it at close to internet prices il purchase the whole shibang there. Also, if there is good service, as with musician inc, i will bring my business back again and again.

so this purchase may be only 1500 - 2000 euro ( i say only, relative to a stores daily intake), but over the next 10 years the total amount i spend there would be much more.

lets hope it works out that way.

Don't worry, Dav will be around shortly to clarify things with a poem.
    hel put you back in your box,you and your delusions of artistic granduer :D

exactly. As i was treated well in Musician Inc, i returned for all music purchases, strings, gadgets, cases and most recently an acoustic. I do this because they went out of thier way to help me out.

Well, as it's the same guys it shouldn't be a problem. When I was in the MI side they were the only ones with a good rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

controversial this might be but.....

i think it's almost impossible to have the type of customer service we want (or at least seem to be talking about) in a place the size of X-Music.

I've always been both a supporter of German Mega-music-stores and the local guys (well not the instrument shops in town, they're a disgrace). The local small places are good for a bit of a chat, gettin the low-down from the inside and general personal interaction. Not to mention repairs, returns, demoing gear, and all the rest.

From a purely economic point of view it also makes sense. If anything ever goes wrong, I know of at least two places that can get me sorted quickly. That means less gig cancellations etc.

However I think that X-Music may (and the may part is very important here) fall between the two bar stools so to speak. As in, they could end up too big and impersonal to satisfy the customer needs, and not big enough to realistically compete with thomann. Just a thought though and I would hope for this not to happen.

• Advertisement

I agree with Jsuited on this one. I think x music will end up exactly like he explained there. Anyhow this one is for Paul as always.

The artist paints
    A dream
    To good to be true
    Yellow and whites
    Pink green and blue
    The artist can sell
    Record mix and gel
    The customers fix
    Arrangement and licks
    The artist can change
    From one day to the next
    Be your best friend
    Or dump you on the road side
    Like a dog on the street
    Not loved anymore
    With only one leg
    And one red eye soar
    The artist can fall
    Down on his knees
    When business is calling
    Listen, you hear the word please
    Please may I have some time with you
    To paint you a picture
    Pink green and blue

Dav for Poet Laureate !!
    I agree with Jsuited on this one. I think x music will end up exactly like he explained there. Anyhow this one is for Paul as always.

The artist paints
    A dream
    To good to be true
    Yellow and whites
    Pink green and blue
    The artist can sell
    Record mix and gel
    The customers fix
    Arrangement and licks
    The artist can change
    From one day to the next
    Be your best friend
    Or dump you on the road side
    Like a dog on the street
    Not loved anymore
    With only one leg
    And one red eye soar
    The artist can fall
    Down on his knees
    When business is calling
    Listen, you hear the word please
    Please may I have some time with you
    To paint you a picture
    Pink green and blue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

just to add, when i rang x music a while ago to get info on something and tere was no one in the relevant dept at the time to help, i got a call back 24 hrs later.

and also, slightly off topic, my wife who's american wonders daily how businesses stay afloat over here, she's amazed at the shoddy customer service in almost every industry.....in her words "if they were american and they did that, they'd be gone long ago"

just to add, when i rang x music a while ago to get info on something and tere was no one in the relevant dept at the time to help, i got a call back 24 hrs later.

and also, slightly off topic, my wife who's american wonders daily how businesses stay afloat over here, she's amazed at the shoddy customer service in almost every industry.....in her words "if they were american and they did that, they'd be gone long ago"
    well on the other side of the coin,being irish and living in america i hate how intrusive the cutomer service is over here.they hover over you.you constantly get asked are you okay.and its all a little too fake,the whole how are you today,how about the weather nonsense.
    theres obviously a balance somewhere.
    i like to look around without being asked am i okay but when i do need help i dont wanna have to search for it.:D
    but if im honest the music shops over here sound the exact same as at home.there customer service is just as bad but in other areas of industry its too much

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭fitz

The only way to do it properly is have a process that gets followed every time.
    Look at how a query from a customer can go, it either gets answered straight off, or you have to get back to them. For every query where you have to call a customer back, you log it, with their name, number, and what info they wanted. Then it's just as case of having a list of open callbacks to work through. If you want to scale up and provide good service, you have to have a consistent process that everyone follows. It makes life easier for staff in the long run too, cause they know exactly what's expected of them, and they can go off a central list of work that they have to do, not having to rely on remembering to do it.

It's common sense, but the service industry in this country hasn't copped on to it.

fitz wrote: »
    The only way to do it properly is have a process that gets followed every time.
    Look at how a query from a customer can go, it either gets answered straight off, or you have to get back to them. For every query where you have to call a customer back, you log it, with their name, number, and what info they wanted. Then it's just as case of having a list of open callbacks to work through. If you want to scale up and provide good service, you have to have a consistent process that everyone follows. It makes life easier for staff in the long run too, cause they know exactly what's expected off them, and they can go off a central list of work that they have to do, not having to rely on remembering to do it.

It's common sense, but the service industry in this country hasn't copped on to it.

Agreed, such a basic simple underestimated effective mislaid concept :mad:

Just a note folks. I mailed in a query to the xmusic folks lastnight and got just recieved a response. less than 24 hours for a response. I find that terriffic.

No complaints from me regarding service so far.

Just a note folks. I mailed in a query to the xmusic folks lastnight and got just recieved a response. less than 24 hours for a response.

The Bastards .... how could they??;)

• Advertisement

This may be of interest to Posters -

For December SSL are running their 'Take me home' promotion in conjunction with us and X-Music whereby we supply X with a working demo rack and a duplicate contents of the rack.

On December the 9th myself and Richard from SSL will be at X-Music to answer your questions.

If you are interested in getting an SSL product you can take it home and try it beforehand.
    l_a26a284b4e064289972c10801c25b84e.jpg

www.solidstatelogic.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement