Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Season 4 [**Spoilers**]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

That was freaking awesome! Yep, not the big showdown I expected but it was still amazing - and the twists with the angels and Ruby were very well put forward. Excellent acting as usual from everyone involved and I cannot wait for the next season.... Pretty sure Castiel will be back next season, he's too awesome a character to just go out off screen...
    tvnutz wrote: »
    I can't believe more people watch Smallville than Supernatural.

There was a time I would always watch Smallville first. Right now, I can't be arsed to even watch Smallville's season finale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It was pretty damn good.
    Well done Iceman - nicely worked out. I'll pat myself on the back too for catching Sam being demonified :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Only Mr E left to comment,I think there are four of us who watch it and comment! :D

don't know if I could wait that long to watch it mate! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Sarn

Great episode. I thought Lucifer was going to end up possessing Sam as his new host. Guess the boys will be on the run next season, hunted by both sides. Now that Sam knows he doesn't need demon blood he should become quite formidable.

Guest appearance by God next season?

"God has left the building" remember. Which is a way out for Dean - his oath was to god but if he's not around then there is no oath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Macros42 wrote: »
    "God has left the building" remember. Which is a way out for Dean - his oath was to god but if he's not around then there is no oath.

He said that as he was leaving.

Was he God?

I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum. God is either dead or captive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Sarn

Oh I know, but I imagine they'll have to try and track down God to put heaven back in order and save the world. He's probably gone human and left his post for a few millenia subtly influencing things on the ground.

I also have to add that I love the "road so far" part that they have been doing for every season finale to the song Carry on my wayward son by kansas. such a great way to get you ready for the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

I also have to add that I love the "road so far" part that they have been doing for every season finale to the song Carry on my wayward son by kansas. such a great way to get you ready for the finale.

it seemed kinda out of place this year, the way season 4 progressed with the whole Dean Vs. Sam storyline, but it was nice surprise.
    The song is definitely the supernatural song for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Only Mr E left to comment,I think there are four of us who watch it and comment! :D

Away friday night, and my xbox wouldn't stream it last night. Got to watch it this morning, and it was more than worth the wait. Glad Castiel had a change of mind, but Zach is gonna be pissed.

The ending was very good. The last seal was as many had predicted, and I liked the twist (story and knife!) with Ruby.

Love to see what they do with Lucifer. If Ray Wise shows up, then I'm not watching any more.

Oh and yeah, Smallville sucked. Zod? :rolleyes:

Mr E wrote: »
    Oh and yeah, Smallville sucked. Zod? :rolleyes:

Ye,didn't they do that already before? and then
    killing off "Jimmy" Olsen,who they kill off because apparantly he is not the realy Jimmy Olsen,its jimmy olsen's older brother. What a load of toss. And Clark has got to be the most annoying "hero" ever,they should just get rid of him and make it the green arrow show,he has the right idea,just kill Doomsday already and stop whining.

And I'm pretty sure that season 9 of Smallville is gonna suck even more... On the other hand, season 5 of Supernatural should be awesome, though 4 is going to be a tough act to follow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Season 8 'Smallville' season finale kinda sucked but then I moved onto this. I was immediately pleased by 'Carry on my Wayward Son' (did anyone spot it in 'Scrubs' this season?).

The episode didn't go the way I thought it would. I thought it would be more action packed but the gradual reveals worked better. The angels really are, as Dean would say, dicks. Interesting that God doesn't appear to be around - I'm guessing that'll be important next year.
    I wasn't too gone on Zachariah when we first met but he was more impressively evil here - real callous. I'm glad that Castiel repented from his boot camp and hope he's back next year. I'm guessing he will be (Misha Collins is a big hit - for obvious reasons) and join them on the run, maybe with Bobby.

As to Sam's side - it was rather dark wasn't it? When Sam took the girl to be an unwilling victim.. he kinda crossed a line. Yes he was egged on but, as Ruby pointed out, it was still him who did it. Oh and Ruby - I totally bought it. At first I didn't last year but, as time progressed and she helped them kill more and more demons, I believed she was on their side albeit approaching it from a dark angle. To turn around and have her as one of the masterminds of the plan - great stuff.

The final few moments - does Supernatural have the bleakest season finales of any show? First season their Dad dies, second season Sam does and Dean must make a pact, third season Dean dies and goes to Hell, and now this season ends with Lucifer himself and Armageddon approaching! I can see now why the next season could well be its last as they can't keep upping the ante after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 trimeath

Maybe Sam is the last seal. A human becoming demon could be the clincher. Demons only personify through possession so maybe Sam must have enough demon in him that Lucifer can possess him. And the Angels know this so they released him to allow it to happen in order for Dean to stop him.

Anyways - nice filler episode to set up a kick ass season finale :)

Don't think the lads can be possessed, don't they have tattooes to stop possessions?
    Can't wait for the next half of the season to come out on dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

trimeath wrote: »
    Don't think the lads can be possessed, don't they have tattooes to stop possessions?

They do indeed. The have tattoos on their chests to stop possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StiLL-TrAiNinG

trimeath wrote: »

I guess the writers can choose to sort of ignore that I guess.
    Spoilers for the end of season one:
    Back when John was possessed by the yellow eyed demon, Sam and Dean had him drink holy water, which had no effect on him. Later on he said something to the effect of "Do you think something like that would have any effect on me?"

So I suppose they can just claim he's too powerful to be stopped by the tattoos, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 trimeath

I guess the writers can choose to sort of ignore that I guess.

True, it also makes you think why don't they use Christo on demons, like they did in season 1, it would be quicker than using holy water!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Damn good point!

Some great casting for Lucifer,so i reckon anyway!
    The CW has now confirmed the casting of Lost and Dexter star Mark Pellegrino as the Devil himself in a recurring role in the fifth, and likely final, season of Supernatural.

Earlier this week, the CW's other supe show also cast its big baddie for the season, with Callum Blue taking the role of Zod on Smallville.

Supernatural's season-four finale ended with Lucifer's escape from hell, but we've only ever seen the devil's handiwork, not his face. (Smallville's Zod is another previously faceless villain who has lurked in the background but not yet appeared onscreen.)

ABC reps could not be reached at press time to tell us how this could affect Mark's role as Jacob on Lost.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/index.html?uuid=4992edd6-8f92-4afd-b1a4-d98abaf9af4f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice casting.... if Sam and Dean can't sort him out, then call John Locke or Dexter Morgan. :)

Nice casting indeed - I really enjoyed his short appearance as "Jacob" on Lost and what he did with the role, so he could do a very good job with Lucifer too. The only problem with seeing this thread dragged up every now and then is that it makes the wait even more difficult to bear :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Just caught up, 2 seasons in a week, epic stuff! Sam started to get on my nerves though in season 4, so blatantly stepping into a trap. Castiello and Dean were bloody great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Oh and inifnitely better than Smallville which should have ended years ago- Clark needs to be shot in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

9 days to go..

(not too spoiler-ific.. lot of old footage mixed in with some great new footage!)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jafin

I cant believe how fast the summer has gone, almost time for new Supernatural! I bet this is gonna be the best season so far!
    I dont like how they replace the hot blonde demons with moggly brunette ones. I mean normally I dont like blondes at all, and am a brunette man, but I dunno, original Ruby and Meg seemed better...

Advertisement