Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Season 4 [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

tvnutz wrote: »
    Another great episode. Every single episode this season has been great,you can't say that for any other show so far this season IMO.

Couldn't agree more, another fantastic episode. Dean screaming like a girl had me laughing out loud too, but there were so many other humorous moments during the episode right from the start (the dog chasing him, "big heart", "game cocks" :D).

And yep, the balance with the serious part about what Sam may become was done so well.

Great to see Bobby once again (and speaking Japanese!) and I appreciate that they even threw in a quick explanation about how they dragged a ghost with the car.

And the icing on the cake was that final clip of Jensen Ackles lip-synching "Eye of the Tiger". Great stuff :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye that outtake clip at the end was very funny. Had that song stuck in my head all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

It very rare a tv show is actually really funny but the humour is great in this. This has to be one of my favourite shows.

Brilliant again last night. Every week I watch I actually fear this will be the week we get a dodgy episode but it just hasn't happened yet.

We get a nasty razor blade chewing scene,which is always nice to watch. Then right into another seal about to be broken. The angels are really interesting,we see Bunny Colvin from The Wire as an angel who clearly doesn't think much of humans and is happy to take out an entire town and kill a lot of people. And we have Castiel who is actually doubting what is right or wrong instead of jsut taking orders. Their orders were in fact to do what Dean told them to do. Which is very interesting.

Sam used his powers again,and the angels do not seem to like that at all,Castiel just about shook his hand and Bunny threatened to turn him to dust. We also got a few more hints that Dean does remember what it was like in hell,so I would imagine we will get an episode just about that.

Great epsiode again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

tvnutz wrote: »
    We get a nasty razor blade chewing scene,which is always nice to watch.

I could feel the pain when the razor was lodged in the guy's mouth. :(

Excellent episode. Supernatural never disappoints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

the only show I could watch at anytime. others I have to be in the mood for.
    Loved the tyler and perry references in the second last ep.
    sang eye of the tiger a few times in work today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think Uriel is the kind of guy who has a wallet with "Bad Mutha F**ka" written on it. Another cracking episode.

"Astronaut!!"

Yep, another brilliant episode - excellent stuff throughout. The razor blade scene was freaky... Great to see Dean back to his confident self - and being a jerk to the kid (he had plenty of candy in the car:)). And they nicely advanced the main story line again too with Castiel's appearance and Sam using his powers with Dean looking on. This show has certainly become must-watch TV...

Yet another great episode this week, "Wishful Thinking" - probably the most standalone episode so far (though it did address Dean hiding the fact that he remembers what happened to him to Sam) but had so many great bits. The teddy bear blowing its' brains out had me in stitches, but it was funny throughout (Dean wishing for a sub - and the aftermath!, the depressed teddy, Dean looking for the proper ID in his pocket...). 8 for 8 so far this season and counting :).

Yep fantastic episode. The puff of foam from the teddy suicide was genius. You forgot the best line in the show, though..... "Kneel before Todd" :)

• Advertisement

I even liked the title of tonight's episode, "I Know What You Did Last Summer" :) and it was cool how it all fit in with Sam telling Dean about all he got up to during Dean's stint in hell (too much information in fact!).

Cool episode, though I didn't see the "to be continued" line coming at all (that's how well this show pulls you in, 45 minutes fly by) - really looking forward to next week. New high level demon was scary and the fight was great... which resulted in one of the best lines of the episode too: "I'm wearing a pediatrician" :D.

Ye last weeks episode was good,a teddy bear coming alive and blowings its head off with a shotgun :D

But this weeks episode was even better. I have yet to find an episode this season to be even average. They have all been great. We got some good flashbacks on what happened with Sam while Dean was in hell. We also got another very powerful demon who now has the knife.

And what about these angels? not exactly what you might think an angel would be! :p They want to kill Anna because she can hear what they say. A lot of things are coming down to whether or not it is right to sacrifice one person to save many.

Really great season,best thing currently airing on tv at the moment. Lets hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yep, another good episode. The angels are very old testament, doing God's dirty work. They remind me of the quote out of The Prophecy "Would you ever really want to see an angel?"

Another very good episode. And thats the last one until January 15th :(

I probably should have,but I didn't see it coming that Anna was an angel. A fallen angel at that. I really like how they are going into all the stuff about the angels. Only 4 have seen God,they too rely on faith,only they get killed if they don't have faith! They don't have human feelings,which is why Anna decided to fall,and perhaps why Castiel is having doubts.

The angels vs Demons stand off was good as well,but in ways good have been a bit more explosive,perhaps they will leave that for the end of the season. Uriel is an ass,but he is one mean son of a bitch! :p Robert Wisdom is a great actor.

And probably the best scene was at the end with Dean explaining how he had been tortured,his body was ripped apart until there was nothing left,only to magically appear again so they could rip it apart all over again,for 30 years. Until he took a deal to torture other souls. Very good acting at the end.

brilliant first half to this season,best show currently on US tv. Lets hope it continues for the second half.

Absolutely fantastic from start to finish - and I love how the whole confrontation between the angels and demons was all setup by Sam, Dean & Ruby. Dean's confession to Sam right at the end was very well done too, as was his sadness over Anna - very solid acting from Jensen Ackles. Loved it and I'm really gonna miss it over the Christmas break - the 15th of January seems so far away... :(

Agreed, guys. I'm playing catchup at the moment after a business trip, and I had the treat of watching these 2 back to back. The climax in the barn was a tiny bit disappointing after such a buildup, but I think the showdown we all hope is coming between angels, demons, Winchesters and Lillith will be epic.....

I'm still expecting a sting in the tail with Castiel though... there is more to him than meets the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭CountryGirl1

What day and time is it on at??:confused:

Season 4 is US only for now to my knowledge - Thursdays 9/8c on the CW...

Thanks,I'll go check it out on Youtube:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Sarn

No more 'til January! :( Great episode.

OK, time to catch up with Dexter.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where I can watch full episodes of Supernatural online for free?I can't find any full length ones on Youtube...:confused:

You can't watch full episodes online legally in Europe - I think its on iTunes in the States. Anyone who posts illegal streaming links will be banned. Sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

J-blk wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic from start to finish - and I love how the whole confrontation between the angels and demons was all setup by Sam, Dean & Ruby. Dean's confession to Sam right at the end was very well done too, as was his sadness over Anna - very solid acting from Jensen Ackles. Loved it and I'm really gonna miss it over the Christmas break - the 15th of January seems so far away... :(

and dean managed to bag an angel (titanic reference and all)! I suppose he had to compete with sam and his demon love!

sweetie wrote: »
    and dean managed to bag an angel

Which led to one of the funniest lines of the episode, Dean calling Uriel junkless, like a Ken-doll :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Mr E wrote: »

I'm still expecting a sting in the tail with Castiel though... there is more to him than meets the eye.

My bets are that its Ruby who'll be doing the stinging.

Woo hoo, Sam & Dean are back :D. Unfortunately, this was probably one of the weakest episodes this season, with no Ruby, Castiel or Uriel and an entirely standalone story (except for the last couple of minutes, with Dean expanding on his experiences to Sam). Not a bad episode by any means, the scenes in the walls especially were nicely done just not as good as almost every other episode this season has been... I'm happy it's back :)

Ye probably the weakest of the season so far,but it was still a typically good supernatural episode. It's just that this season has been amazing so far.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally up-to-date with Supernatural! Started watching less than a year ago..

I quite enjoyed this one actually - some great moments in it, particularly when the girl was slowly approaching and crossed the salt line. I always find people crawling around in the walls a more scary notion than the more umm... supernatural elements in the show. It reminded me a bit of "The People Under the Stairs" in parts.

It wasn't as strong as some episodes this season, but it wasn't the weakest (that was "Yellow Fever" IMO). I'd like to see more of Ruby (I still prefer Ruby Ver. 1 - did the actress leave?), Uriel, etc. but we can't have it every week. I'd also love, for some reason, to see a flashback scene to Dean in Hell.

ixoy wrote: »
    I still prefer Ruby Ver. 1 - did the actress leave?

I think it was a budget thing and they let her go to keep costs down, as it gets costlier to renew contracts for subsequent years, they just opted to use a new face instead...

And "Yellow Fever" had to be one of the funniest episodes ever :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I agree with the above comments, regarding how weak the episode was, however, I didn't find many redeeming qualities to it. The episode was overtly dark in the indoor scenes and they attempted to combat this, to a certain extent, in one scene by using night-vision. In saying that, it was a nice change to find Sam and Dean facing another human, instead of a demon or evil spirit, as it made them have to rethink their strategy.

I'm looking forward to this week's episode, as no doubt it will revert to the main storyline and we get to see more of Castiel.

Advertisement