Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you find homosexual activity disgusting?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

humanji wrote: »
    But for some reason, you think that there's no possible way anyone on Earth could have a different opinion to yours? That's what I find bizarre about this thread.

No, it surprises me that so many people don't have the same opinion as me on this. A lot do, but more don't....did you read what I said or are you just too eager to jump on the "hey you, don't bash gays" bandwagon.

I'm genuinely surprised that so many men don't find two guys having sex disgusting.

Maybe you have to get used to it. Maybe I need to see men groping each other....I dunno but at the moment that would not be something I would like to see..........it's honesty.

I don't care if it's cool and all that crap. I mean it's normal for your parent to have sex too, but if you saw that would you not also be a little bit uncomfortable.........I would, and I would with two men shagging too(seeing it that is)......I don't think I'm out of line here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP, I know a lot of this thread is 'tongue in cheek and fvcking arsing around.

But have you ever been in love, and made love - truely made love?.

Well its the same for us all, gay or straight - would you deny someone that chance just because they're gay?.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I don't particularly like seeing men naked, I'm just indifferent to them.

I mean, were you never on a sports team where you took communal showers? Are you repulsed by such behaviour?

I don't desire to see men naked, nor do I desire to witness gay sex, but if I happen to come across either of these, I'm not going to be repulsed or disgusted by it.

You can be homophobic and pro-homosexual rights. From your posts here I would put you in this category. There's nothing wrong with this stance, but I wouldn't expect every other straight man to feel the same way.

PROBLEM SEEING A MAN NAKED = NOT REALLY NO...AFTER ALL I AM A MAN

PROBLEM SEEING TWO MEN NAKED WITH AN ERECT PENIS THROBING INSIDE AND OUT OF THE OTHERS ASS = NO I WOULDN'T BE COOL SEEING THIS.....BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE ARE...GOOD FOR THEM

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

PROBLEM SEEING A MAN NAKED = NOT REALLY NO...AFTER ALL I AM A MAN

PROBLEM SEEING TWO MEN NAKED WITH AN ERECT PENIS THROBING INSIDE AND OUT OF THE OTHERS ASS = NO I WOULDN'T BE COOL SEEING THIS.....BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE ARE...GOOD FOR THEM

OP, does it bother you that much? You seem very distraught about the whole thought of it altogether. Could it be possible insecurities you have? No, before you comment, I'm not being smart - honest question.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I must start a thread in the Gay and lesbian forum to see if we find straight activity "disgusting". I mean, what a pointless thread!! The OP is just looking for reasons to hate (i could use a stronger word) gay people and he uses "activity" as a means to show it. Yes, i take it up the bum lol. Big deal. If it's done in private, who cares. I wouldn't be turned on by straight activity (who do it up the bum too i believe) but i wouldn't find it disgusting. Who cares if it's done behind closed doors. This shows how backward and unaccepting Ireland is and how it still has a long way to go before some people cop on and realise that things like this won't go away.

READ THE POST NEXT TIME. man, I don't have any problem with gay people doing whatever or straight people fcuking upside down or whatever....that's not the issue.....sure people can do what they want..I asked whether your natural inclination is to feel uncomfortable if you saw it.

A lot of people say gay men find vaginas horrible here......what's your thoughts on this??? Is it natural?

Hey I know I said it already but really, read the post before defending something that wasn't being attacked. moron

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I asked whether your natural inclination is to feel uncomfortable if you saw it.
    No you didnt, you said you thought it was disgusting and asked if people agreed or not. Go back and read the OP.

Id say its definately cos you are a closet gay yourself alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

SEEING TWO MEN NAKED WITH AN ERECT PENIS THROBING INSIDE AND OUT OF THE OTHERS ASS = NO I WOULDN'T BE COOL SEEING THIS

What does it matter? The chances of you seeing it are pretty slim aren't they? I can't say I have a problem with gay sex but I don't actively go looking for it. The few gay friends I do have don't have sex in front of me.

OP, does it bother you that much? You seem very distraught about the whole thought of it altogether. Could it be possible insecurities you have? No, before you comment, I'm not being smart - honest question.

No, it doesn't bother me really.......As I said my real reason for the post was to see how many people would come out and defend the gay rights thing without actually reading what I've said.

Pretty interesting. I know a few gay guys, not too well, but through friends and we joke about stuff sexually and it's not big deal, it's just having a laugh, whatever.

I was recently at a gay pride thing where I live a few weeks ago and the thing I noticed was the amount of non gay people.....I didn't really understand it, the music was crap and it would have been tough to pick up people from the other sex.

I guess some people go looking for gay friends so that they can be liberal and cool and defend them or whatever.....get a gay friend, get a black friend, and so on.............People are people, I respect whatever they wanna do but I just naturally would not like to watch two guys doing it..........ok no more on this.

No, it doesn't bother me really.......As I said my real reason for the post was to see how many people would come out and defend the gay rights thing without actually reading what I've said.

Pretty interesting. I know a few gay guys, not too well, but through friends and we joke about stuff sexually and it's not big deal, it's just having a laugh, whatever.

I was recently at a gay pride thing where I live a few weeks ago and the thing I noticed was the amount of non gay people.....I didn't really understand it, the music was crap and it would have been tough to pick up people from the other sex.

I guess some people go looking for gay friends so that they can be liberal and cool and defend them or whatever.....get a gay friend, get a black friend, and so on.............People are people, I respect whatever they wanna do but I just naturally would not like to watch two guys doing it..........ok no more on this.

Perhaps people go looking for friends and those friends just happen to be gay? Plus, I'm not sure if you ever noticed most gay guys have female friends and those female friends are usually quite hot. If anything, I'd say somewhere like a pride festival or a gay bar might be the best place to pick up a girl. Think about it, no competition.

In terms of the whole gay thing - I think the way the post was addressed came across as being disgusted about the whole gay sex act. I personally don't like it, so in that case, just like a TV show I might not like, I change the channel. The same way I might not like the look of someone, I might just look away if a person was performing an act that bothered me. It doesn't factor in my daily life enough to bother me in the same light that it appears, and feel free to correct me, to bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

What is wrong with non-gay people being at a gay pride event? Gay people are allowed to have friends too you know. Not being gay myself I would imagine they would be very proud if their friends came out to support them. I was a witness at a few marches in the UK when my friends were out for the day, and really enjoyed it.

Another thing what do you mean by straight people go looking for gay friends, black friends etc to be liberal and act cool. That is an abhorrent statement. This thread dude has moved away from what it was initially intended for. I doubt you are surrounded by gay people who are having sex in front of you, so why should it bother you? Like the last poster change the channel. Don't let it get to you. When you mean gay, are you including lesbians? Would you turn away if two girls were getting it on in front of you? Would you join in? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

READ THE POST NEXT TIME. man, I don't have any problem with gay people doing whatever or straight people fcuking upside down or whatever....that's not the issue.....sure people can do what they want..I asked whether your natural inclination is to feel uncomfortable if you saw it.

A lot of people say gay men find vaginas horrible here......what's your thoughts on this??? Is it natural?

Hey I know I said it already but really, read the post before defending something that wasn't being attacked. moron

:rolleyes: Time for a ban!

Anyway, you are bringing up a subject about gay sex. Asking whether straight people find it disgusting. Why not ask if people, depending on their sexuality (gay or straight) find sex of the other sexuality "disgusting" (for choice of a better word. :confused: You are clearly highlighting the differences between both gay and straight people by the phrasing of the question. Were you really thinking of getting a serious debate about this in AH. You are clearly unsure of your sexuality and come to AH to show your disgust for something you know nothing about nor understand. I couldn't care less about a vagina. It's not my thing. If i saw one, i wouldn't come on to after hours and or to the gay forum and ask if the sight of a vagina disgust them. It is nature. It would be degrading to women if i did so. Just like you are being degrading to the gay population as you type. If two people are in love and are consenting adults, then does it matter if other people find it disgusting what they do behind closed doors. That is why we don't do it in the steets like dogs!

<snip> That is why we don't do it in the steets like dogs!

Ruff, Ruff ;)

Ruff, Ruff ;)

LOL. Phew, after my vent, that was much needed. This is what after hours is about. Not arguments :p

LOL. Phew, after my vent, that was much needed. This is what after hours is about. Not arguments :p

Now, now. Don't be gay. It was just some standard hetero masculine bonding. Rawr. ;):pac:

Now, now. Don't be gay. It was just some standard hetero masculine bonding. Rawr. ;):pac:

Do you come often... Uh oh...I mean, Do you come here often:confused::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Mairt wrote: »
    OP, I know a lot of this thread is 'tongue in cheek and fvcking arsing around.

But have you ever been in love, and made love - truely made love?.

Well its the same for us all, gay or straight - would you deny someone that chance just because they're gay?.

best post in the thread....;)

guy on guy....meh, not bothered... im a girl btw...

Do you come often... Uh oh...I mean, Do you come here often:confused::D:D

I knew that "Ruff, Ruff" comment would get me in trouble. It wasn't a come-on invitation yanno! :pac:

I knew that "Ruff, Ruff" comment would get me in trouble. It wasn't a <strike>come-on</strike> invitation yanno! :pac:

:o Really! Nah, it's ok. The OP just Pm'd me. He's on the way over to experiment with my partner and me and to see how "disgusting" we are in action:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

OP, it's hardly that big a deal. If your saw 2 men kissing in the street, would you be apalled....what if it were a hetero couple? Would you care?

To you, being Gay is just a lifestyle you buy in Topman, is it not?

Some people are gay: GET OVER IT!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    being Gay is just a lifestyle you buy in Topman

that's their new advertising slogan, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Watch the abuse there, mise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Too much vitriol on this thread. It is ok to hate things and completely natural to hate things. Too much of this modern groundswell of opinion of tolerance. If you want to hate, then hate. The most powerful will always succeed. Twas since time immemorial and it will be forever thus.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I blame the Greeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I blame the Greeks
    Feckin' Greeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

PeakOutput wrote: »
    personally as im not gay i find the act disgusting in much the same way that iv had gay guys saying the thought of going down on a girl turns their stomach

each to their own but to me that particular act is disgusting

Haven't you read the thread dude. :P
    Dontcha know that gay people find no sexual behaviour disgusting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

MCMLXXXIII wrote: »
    Dude...
    That's why I mentioned that I didn't want to pick on your post in particular. Your post just brought up a point, so I used it to help me make mine.

I realised that I didn't even answer the question yet. I like watching if it's a hot guy and a hot girl, two hot guys, or two hot girls; I don't like watching if it's an ugly guy and an ugly girl, two ugly guys, or two ugly girls; there is also a spectrum in between depending on how much I've been drinking and how long it's been, etc.

Isn't that just being weight-ist/looks-ist though.
    That's just expressing intolerance of sexual activities of fatties and uglies?
    We can't have that in this thread.
    :confused:
    HATE CRIME! :P
    Consistent liberalism is fine but this half-baked, fashionable, ill-conceived stuff... :(

So it's OK to express distaste (however mild) at some activities and not others.
    Is there a list for this or something.

Reeks of hypocrisy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I have nothing personally against gay men, and what they do in their own private time is totally up to them. But yes, the thought of two men having sex is just a tad disgusting to me. But i think its normal enough for a hetrosexual male to think like that.

This thread is still open:confused: It's times like this when i wish i had mod powers :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I think two guys together is hot, in much the same way that many blokes think two women togther is hot (which i also think is hot)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

im a straight man . ive no problem with eighter sex activity discusting. as long as its kept private. no one forces anyone to look at it.
    as it was pointed out . straight men find 2 girls facinating.
    so im sure women find 2 guy s the same
    what i find rivolting is 2 girls 1 cup video on the net . now thats vile.
    ps if anyne goes searching for it .. warning. its just grosssssss

Advertisement