Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gardens

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Weird, discussing this today at work. I "super trim". Don't get totally clean or little tufts of hair, but I'm one of those girls who only shave their legs if other people will see them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

She was in her late twenties.You should have seen the state she was in. Hysterical. I would never ever meet such a demand if it hurt me that much.
    That's pretty abnormal, isn't it? I doubt she was in a good situation with that relationship. It's really sad to think that women really are in relationships that crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

personally, i've tried it at various degrees, but the effort required in upkeep, not to mention the fact my fella is barely even vaguely aware of the difference... at this point, i keep it a little trimmed, do the bikini lines every now and then (never know when the towel will slip while changing after surfing :O), and as long as the lips are nice and smooth, im not too fussed at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

....... as long as the lips are nice and smooth, im not too fussed at all :)

I think from a lads point of view you've got it in one...!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I get a Brazilian Basic every month; it takes everything off but leaves a little bit more than a landing strip at the front.

The first time I got it done it was more of a sex thing but now I like how it looks and feels and have been keeping it up for while. The only headwrecking thing is the regrowth, as a few other posters have mentioned. Have reached for the razor a few times but have to keep reminding myself that all the waxing is meant to be worth it in the end and that shaving is baaaad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Methinks you would do well to take your own advice mon ami!!!

Agreed, as soon as you say summat funny, I promise to LOL.

My cousin PLUCKS the hairs on her (vaginal) lips, apparantly 'everyone does it' in Barcelona where she's from. AND the hairs in her nose. Now that is taking the cause a step too far I think!:eek:

My cousin PLUCKS the hairs on her (vaginal) lips, apparantly 'everyone does it' in Barcelona where she's from. AND the hairs in her nose. Now that is taking the cause a step too far I think!:eek:

:eek::eek:Omg, her poor labia! That's cruel!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

PillyPen wrote: »
    I like that it makes me feel rather slutty...

This is the first convincing argument I've heard for total fanny hair removal :pac:

However, Mrs Milod request a regular trim with my (now obsolete) beard trimmer, on it's shortest setting. IMHO, this is the perfect solution; no razor burn, no itch, no painful regrowth, no ingrown hairs, no organic dental floss :D, and a reassuringly post-pubescent shadow in the relevant area...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

pity no pics so we can vote :)
    I prefer the good old landing strip, and on special occasions complety shaved

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

milod wrote: »
    This is the first convincing argument I've heard for total fanny hair removal :pac:

However, Mrs Milod request a regular trim with my (now obsolete) beard trimmer, on it's shortest setting. IMHO, this is the perfect solution; no razor burn, no itch, no painful regrowth, no ingrown hairs, no organic dental floss :D, and a reassuringly post-pubescent shadow in the relevant area...

I dunno... vaginas with 5 o'clock shadow?

I was kinda interested too by Pilly's comment about feeling 'slutty' when she did it. I wonder if that's why some girls seem so adverse to it? Because they think it looks slutty? Kinda funny if so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Personal preference, pain of removal, ingrown hair, no real need.

Just a few reasons why some girls seem are so adverse to it.

F.A. wrote: »
    Personal preference, pain of removal, ingrown hair, no real need.

Just a few reasons why some girls seem are so adverse to it.

Yep, those are all reasons I don't do it regularly! But it does feel nice initially, so when I do do it, at least that part is enjoyable.

Phlann wrote: »
    I dunno... vaginas with 5 o'clock shadow?

I was kinda interested too by Pilly's comment about feeling 'slutty' when she did it. I wonder if that's why some girls seem so adverse to it? Because they think it looks slutty? Kinda funny if so.

I saw in a movie or on TV or something (maybe SATC?) that a woman had sex with some guy way too quickly, and she blamed her Hollywood wax. So I guess the idea that it's slutty is out there somewhere. I'd think that at least a small number of women would be adverse to it for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Not with the same tweezers I hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 burnrubber

im a girl and i prefer it off off off - the regrowth is fine once you keep it up
    it started off cos i was asked to do it and i always wonder was i normal for doing it . but the guy im with now loves it . il love it .

i still cant bring my self to go to a salon and ask for the hollywood ?

has any one been ? can you share the experience

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

burnrubber, you'll find plenty of advice and stories about waxing on this thread and this thread.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Piste wrote: »
    Not with the same tweezers I hope!

:D

Advertisement