Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Vs Fifa

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

- you pes dinosaurs still not moved on 2/3yrs on?! not gonna go down the whole "i was a PES junkie/anti-FIFA too.." route but -
    move on you 8-directional robots from a bygone era; FIFA not only looks better now - as it always has - but the gameplay was so damn un sim-like - it now PLAYS better too. theres no argument, check the compiled reviews score on metacritic. i don't think the naive pesbackers realize what theyre depriving themselves of.
    the signs were there when UEFA 2008 was widely regarded as the best footie option out there - also by veteran 6yr+ PES diehards such as myself. and theyve only improved on it

your loss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Rockee wrote: »
    Ok, Ive been a devout ISS/Pro Evo man since '97 and last night I did a one week game swap with my friend who is a FIFA man. PES 2009 for FIFA 09.

I didnt check in the settings but is the Skill Level automatically set to medium(or whatever the midway difficulty level is called in the game.)on the new FIFA??? I only played 5 games last night but my God it was easy in comparison to Pro Evo 2009. My results were 2-1 and then when I got a hang of the controls 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 and 4-0.

Ive also found the through balls and one twos to be much more effective in the new FIFA as the players actually respond to what you want them to do, in Pro 2009 Ive often pressed the pass button twice and the player still wont decide to play the pass!!

BUT!!!! Pro Evos graphics are so much better that its not even funny. I couldnt believe it when I had a close up look at players in FIFA 09 before the game, lining up in the tunnel or on instant replays. They look absolutely terrible. Almost reminiscent of footie games 4 or 5 years ago.

Well..thats Rockees 2 cent thus far!!! I'll maybe check back in before Ive to give FIFA back at the end of the week! :)

Are you for real:eek: The graphics on FIFA are far better, its especislly noticable when you play both on HD, FIFA looks real, Pro Evo looks like a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Are you for real:eek: The graphics on FIFA are far better, its especislly noticable when you play both on HD, FIFA looks real, Pro Evo looks like a video game.

I havent played it on HD cos, well...I dont have the money to spend on HD! I play on my 14" TV/Video combo from 2000. Irregardless of what setup you have HD/old telly/big telly/new telly etc etc it still has to look good and Pro just looks better to my eyes. Find myself scoring the same type of goals on FIFA too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

14" tv? And you have the cheek to comment on graphics? Get a clue mate. I've a 42" 1080p monster and FIFA looks the bomb where as Pro Evo looks like Mary Harneys arse. I invite one and all around to my pad if you don't believe me.

m83 wrote: »
    14" tv? And you have the cheek to comment on graphics? Get a clue mate. I've a 42" 1080p monster and FIFA looks the bomb where as Pro Evo looks like Mary Harneys arse. I invite one and all around to my pad if you don't believe me.

Love yourself much? :rolleyes:

Listen, people can notice when graphics on a feckin Nintendo DS differ from game to game.

• Advertisement

High definition is the ultimate for comparison of graphics, most games look similar on Standard definition. Most game's graphics these days are judged on the HD performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

FIFA looks the bomb where as Pro Evo looks like Mary Harneys arse.

:D Nice analogy, sums it up quite well I reckon!
    Listen, people can notice when graphics on a feckin Nintendo DS differ from game to game.

What does that even mean? :confused:
    Irregardless of what setup you have

It's "regardless" by the way, "irregardless" is a double negative if you think about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I've a 42" 1080p monster and FIFA looks the bomb where as Pro Evo looks like Mary Harneys arse.

What I don't like about FIFA's graphics is it looks like someone put Vaseline on the lens, so that it looks a little blurry. This is especially evident during the replays or goal celebrations.

PES 2009 this year looks better. The character models are more accurate, the pitch actually looks like grass, not a green carpet. There are also some nice effects to the camera, like focusing.

And btw, I am talking about HD here.

Otacon wrote: »
    What I don't like about FIFA's graphics is it looks like someone put Vaseline on the lens,

Is that on the PS3? i haven't noticed it on the 360, the PS3 has a reputation for that vaseline effect in games (Assassins Creed and many others)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is that on the PS3? i haven't noticed it on the 360, the PS3 has a reputation for that vaseline effect in games (Assassins Creed and many others)

Yeah, its on PS3. My housemate is a FIFA fan so he got this year's version. I have played it twice and just cannot get over the gameplay.

Anyway, whenever we are going to play a few matches together, we play PES.

As for the visuals, that is just my experience with it. I can't speak for anyone else.

• Advertisement

What does that even mean? :confused:

Im not sure what age you are but back in the day it didnt matter what size your screen was. Certain games graphics stood out more than others on the same size screen.

Dont worry lads, youll have your FIFA forum soon. :)

There's no vaseline on FIFA on the 360. If anything, it's ridiculously sharp a la Mary Harneys arse after a night on the tear.

Dont worry lads, youll have your FIFA forum soon. :)

Is there actually going to be one, or are you being condescending ?

There ain't.

There's no vaseline on FIFA on the 360. If anything, it's ridiculously sharp a la Mary Harneys arse after a night on the tear.

:D

Again with the Mary Harney though! starting to think you've a crush on her :D
    Im not sure what age you are but back in the day

Old enough to have had a Commodore 64 anyway so i kind of know what you mean...

Is there actually going to be one, or are you being condescending ?

Nope, not being condescending. Just looking forward to the day when FIFA and Pro Evo can have separate sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

I buy both every year and bar last year Pro Evo wins out every time.

Advertisement