Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get the demo of LIVE or PSN yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Tauren wrote: »
    one of the promo pics with Inter had a Seria A badge on the sleeve; though i don't know if that really means anything.

this is the image - make of it what you will:

82802669pu5.jpg

That might be the Champions League badge although it is hard to make out from that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

s_carnage wrote: »
    That might be the Champions League badge although it is hard to make out from that shot.
    Looks a lot like the Champions League Badge to me. The fact that they have the Champions League licence seems to be the big push for Pro Evo this year. They have all the logos and visuals as if you were watching it on tv. Let's just hope it lives up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nicklauski wrote: »
    Looks a lot like the Champions League Badge to me. The fact that they have the Champions League licence seems to be the big push for Pro Evo this year. They have all the logos and visuals as if you were watching it on tv. Let's just hope it lives up to the hype.

from what i remember, none of the other pics of the CL mode, nor the vid they announced it with, had CL badges.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Its a demo... they are the selectable sides. The italian league is licensed, the spanish is not - though Barcelona, Real, Bilbao, Villareal and 3 other teams are licensed. French and Dutch leagues are licensed. So yeah, less licenses than before, but the edit it mode is back to former glories so i don't care. I'll have an option file with realistic kits installed on my ps3 before PES2009 comes out of its box.

Gimme a heads up when you find that file. I need a 360 one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Just checked the trailer, and it looks like your right, doesn't show the Champions League badges. Maybe it is the Italian badge.

• Advertisement

armour87 wrote: »
    Gimme a heads up when you find that file. I need a 360 one though.

A 360 option file will be a lot harder to find, as transfering files to and from a 360 is no easy task. You would need either a Xsata (i think it is called) transfer kit or the Microsoft Migration kit (can be got for free from microsoft, but would take months, or for 15 to 20 on Ebay) in order to transfer the file from the PC to the 360. have to jump through some technical hoops too i think.

Have a look here for some more info:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/halo-3-modding/103576-whats-difference-xsata-and-xport.html

I have an Xsata kit, but I have never used it (think it is still sealed in its box at home!) so i don't know how easy/hard to is to use and I am also not sure on the availability of 360 option files, given the awkwardness of trying to import/export them. You'd be best off looking at sites such as pesgaming and evo-web.co.uk, which have decent editing communities for further help on finding and using 360 option files.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

nicklauski wrote: »

Just checked the trailer, and it looks like your right, doesn't show the Champions League badges. Maybe it is the Italian badge.

I had high hopes for this especially after the last one but that just makes the game look unrealistic....I mean they had Robbie keane scoring in a Liverpool shirt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

That PES09 Champions League vid is not very realistic at all. I mean Robbie Keane scores for Liverpool in it. Seriously!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I had high hopes for this especially after the last one but that just makes the game look unrealistic....I mean they had Robbie keane scoring in a Liverpool shirt. :D

Get your own joke. :mad: :)

Batesy wrote: »
    That PES09 Champions League vid is not very realistic at all. I mean Robbie Keane scores for Liverpool in it. Seriously!! :D

I call Shenanigans on this post!

• Advertisement

DOH. Too slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yeah Tauren I know the screenshots you're talking about, thing is that was an older build (Leipzig?) and since then we've had a fair bit of License loss and chopping and changing. I think in that build none of the Spanish teams were licensed, but now we know we'll have 6-8 licensed in the final product.

The thing that makes me believe they may have lost the Tim Serie A license is J:League WE:CC 2008, that had the Calcio logo on the box etc... but not the Serie A, one.

italian.png

Anyway, it doesn't really matter thankfully as all the teams from Italy will be licensed and thats what matters. :)

Pity about the Primera Liga though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Batesy wrote: »

Sorry what was that?

Haha. I knew it. I'm delighted for him anyway as I'm a Pool fan!!

dar83 wrote: »
    Yeah Tauren I know the screenshots you're talking about, thing is that was an older build (Leipzig?) and since then we've had a fair bit of License loss and chopping and changing. I think in that build none of the Spanish teams were licensed, but now we know we'll have 6-8 licensed in the final product.

The thing that makes me believe they may have lost the Tim Serie A license is J:League WE:CC 2008, that had the Calcio logo on the box etc... but not the Serie A, one.

italian.png

Anyway, it doesn't really matter thankfully as all the teams from Italy will be licensed and thats what matters. :)

Pity about the Primera Liga though.

either way, we will find out soon enough.

If all the Italian teams are licensed, who cares about the Serie A license? For me a league license is all about the teams, if they have the teams regardless i don't see any issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Xbox 360 Demo is up. 1.18GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Xbox 360 Demo is up. 1.18GB.

yes its up and i really hope it blows me away gameplay wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Lads, whoever has downloaded it, can ye throw up a quick summary for the rest of us poor plebs in work at the moment?

+1

• Advertisement

Okay I am a pro evo fan hands down so here ya go.

Downloaded today on 360 live

The pitch graphics are no longer washed out, they are clean and smooth which makes a nice change from 08.

The trick stick on the right analogue is completely gone which I personally speaking do not like yet.

The trick stick is now a power gauge for your shot meter!

The tricks happen when you manage to maintain control of the ball with an individual player, you can also hold the right trigger to do tricks.

The ball has allot more weight on it and it certainly doesn't stick to your toe so to be honest it feels strange, not like the pro evo I have come to adore since 03 on the PC.

The menus have been upgraded and look very smooth and nice

The graphics are tight for the players but the stadium feels empty when you are playing in it.

My biggest complaint is the goals. The connection doesn't feel correct. I am sorry to say it but I scored a header and it felt like a fifa connection.

The players calling for the ball was there but it didn't facilitate my play how I wanted it to..

I ain't buying it just yet, ill play the demo a good bit more and decide then.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Anyone know where ya could get this other than downloading it?? My internet has been down all week & i cant download it off the plystation network?

Would they be giving the demo out free in any of the shops??

Danow247 wrote: »
    Anyone know where ya could get this other than downloading it?? My internet has been down all week & i cant download it off the plystation network?

Would they be giving the demo out free in any of the shops??

doubt it man sorry but its very unlikely..

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

dav nagle wrote: »
    doubt it man sorry but its very unlikely..

Ah F***!!! Thanks for the reply anyway pal!

Are you playing it on PC??

Danow247 wrote: »
    Ah F***!!! Thanks for the reply anyway pal!

Are you playing it on PC??

The 360. Every pro evo feels different every year so this is no different, the defensive ai seems allot better all the same I am just saying as a pro evo fan

'I am not blown away'

Okay I am a pro evo fan hands down so here ya go.

Downloaded today on 360 live

The pitch graphics are no longer washed out, they are clean and smooth which makes a nice change from 08.

The trick stick on the right analogue is completely gone which I personally speaking do not like yet.

The trick stick is now a power gauge for your shot meter!

The tricks happen when you manage to maintain control of the ball with an individual player, you can also hold the right trigger to do tricks.

The ball has allot more weight on it and it certainly doesn't stick to your toe so to be honest it feels strange, not like the pro evo I have come to adore since 03 on the PC.

The menus have been upgraded and look very smooth and nice

The graphics are tight for the players but the stadium feels empty when you are playing in it.

My biggest complaint is the goals. The connection doesn't feel correct. I am sorry to say it but I scored a header and it felt like a fifa connection.

The players calling for the ball was there but it didn't facilitate my play how I wanted it to..

I ain't buying it just yet, ill play the demo a good bit more and decide then.

Nuts, was hoping to hear that it was fantastic in all respects.
    I'm putting my decision to buy on both the strength of Boardies reviews and the demo itself.
    Not a great start.

Nuts, was hoping to hear that it was fantastic in all respects.
    I'm putting my decision to buy on both the strength of Boardies reviews and the demo itself.
    Not a great start.

It is of great importance to my gaming that pro evo returns in a bold and colorful fashion because like most gamers here I play on the weekends with a couple of pals and have a great buzz altogether. I am playing games 20 years and I love them especially the pro evo series, the best footy series. But yes its not a great start at all and this year I am setting up a new business and I am going to be more savvy with my cash flow and I wont be investing in re hash models of old games. I need the juices to be pumping in my veins to warrant a buy this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I'll have an option file with realistic kits installed on my ps3 before PES2009 comes out of its box.

I'll take a heads up on that Tauren, if you don't mind :)

It is of great importance to my gaming that pro evo returns in a bold and colorful fashion because like most gamers here I play on the weekends with a couple of pals and have a great buzz altogether. I am playing games 20 years and I love them especially the pro evo series, the best footy series. But yes its not a great start at all and this year I am setting up a new business and I am going to be more savvy with my cash flow and I wont be investing in re hash models of old games. I need the juices to be pumping in my veins to warrant a buy this year!

I hear ya.
    It looks like we'll have to wait until the full version comes out and see what the reviews of the online are like and also the Champs League mode. That might just persuade me to part with my hard earned cash, but I can say with certainty that I won't be buying on the first day.

• Advertisement

I hear ya.
    It looks like we'll have to wait until the full version comes out and see what the reviews of the online are like and also the Champs League mode. That might just persuade me to part with my hard earned cash, but I can say with certainty that I won't be buying on the first day.

Exactly Ding Chavez, wait and see what the entire product has to offer then decide, rushin out and buying something you are not happy with can leave one feeling easily disappointed!

Advertisement