Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get the demo of LIVE or PSN yet?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I think it's out today but I'm in work until 530. FIFA demo out today too as far as I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

According to the report below the demo is not out today.
    There will be no PES 2009 demo released tomorrow, Konami UK has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.
    Fans had speculated online that Konami was planning to release a demo of the hotly anticipated football game through Xbox LIVE and PSN to counter the confirmed September 11 release of a FIFA 09 demo.
    However, when contacted by VideoGamer.com this afternoon for clarification on the matter, a spokesperson for Konami UK confirmed that a PES 2009 demo won't be released tomorrow.
    "We've never said tomorrow," said the rep. "There will be a demo in due course. Our announcement will be made in conjunction with Sony."
    So there you have it. Looks like PES fans are going to have to wait it out a little while longer to find out for themselves whether Konami has managed to make PES great again following last year's disappointment. While you're waiting, why not check out our hands-on preview from Leipzig Games Convention?
    PES 2009 is due out for PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PC, PSP and mobile phones this Autumn. A Wii version is due in spring 2009.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I suggest you download the Fifa09 demo and see how it plays.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I suggest you download the Fifa09 demo and see how it plays.:D

Slowly and sluggishly.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Fifa demo is a bit too arcady for my liking.
    It never seems like you're in full control of what the player is doing.

I'm hoping that PES lives up to expectation this year. I played only 2 games of online with 2008 and gave up, but I'd love to get into playing online of the lag was sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fifa demo is a bit too arcady for my liking.
    It never seems like you're in full control of what the player is doing.

FIFA a bit too arcadey? I don't know what that makes PES then (which is 10 times more arcadey than FIFA)

Headspin wrote: »
    FIFA a bit too arcadey? I don't know what that makes PES then (which is 10 times more arcadey than FIFA)

Becuae being easily able to pull of rainbow flicks, double feint stepovers and a rake of other tricks is so realistic - i see rainbow flicks in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

imo, the fifa demo is a little bit boring. shooting is waaaaay too sensitive (anything more than a tap seems to go over the bar). player responsivness has been improved but still nowhere near that of pro evo's fluidity, build up play feels disjointed and doesn't give a sense of rhythm to the game. don't know how in ten years they haven't been able to copy pro evo's gameplay, or even something close to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm a biased Pro Evo mother fùcker, but I have to say, the Fifa demo is very good!
    C'mon Konami, show them who's the daddy!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Nailz wrote: »
    I'm a biased Pro Evo mother fùcker, but I have to say, the Fifa demo is very good!

Well.....
    I'm a biased Fifa mother fùcker, but I have to say, the Fifa demo isnt very good!

Hmm...I just wasnt too impressed

• Advertisement

Odd, you must not like it because it's like PES, and I like it for the same reason, am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

is there even going to be a demo released. starting to think it might be the same rubbish game as last year with a few new features and the only way to find out is buy it.

doesn't look much different on youtube anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tauren wrote: »
    Becuae being easily able to pull of rainbow flicks, double feint stepovers and a rake of other tricks is so realistic - i see rainbow flicks in every game.

Those options are there in FIFA, yes, but you seldom get the chance to use them! What's a rainbow flick anyway?

Hold down L2/LT and then push the right analogue to the left and twice to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only the really good players can do the rainbow flick, i tried to do it with Van Nistelrooy and it wouldn't work.

Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Messi, Rooney (METINKS), Robiniho and Robben were ones I was able to do it with.

Wikipedia says the demo is coming October 3rd, the same day fifa is released :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Id think the day before would be more effective though. might stop people goin out and buying fifa.

Ha! Well I hope the demo snubs FIFA to a good opening day! :)

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?p=7384135#post7384135

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced the availability of a playable demo of its forthcoming PES 2009 title for PLAYSTATIONR3, Xbox 360 and PC on 2nd October.

Due for release on 17th October, PES 2009 marks the triumphant return of what is regarded as the most realistic football title for any format. Users will be treated to an expansive playable demo of the new title, with the bespoke version offering a full five-minute Exhibition multiplayer match.

Players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides. The demo will allow users an early taste of the all-new elements set to further bolster PES 2009's reputation as the definitive football game. All new visuals with completely remodeled players and animations, and new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves more realistically have been included, while the AI of the CPU sides has been enhanced to provide an ever evolving challenge.

The PES 2009 demo will also include promotional videos detailing the new game's 'Become a Legend' and online 'Legends' modes, which see the player controlling just one player within a team and attempting to forge a career in football. Starting as a promising 17-year-old, players must force their way into the first team and produce a series of blistering performances which will ultimately result to a move to one of Europe's biggest sides. Or, on the flipside, poor performances can see a player struggling in the lower leagues and eventually being released.

Finally been announced, although a week later than I initially anticipated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides.

Sounds like they have less licenses than ever before. Didnt they used to have the Spanish & Italian league as well as a good few International sides ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Yeah it seems the licences are gone altogether. Shame really. I played the Fifa Demo and thought that it was terrible Just didn't feel right at all. Hopefully Pro Evo will be better than last year, doesn't matter because 'll still buy it anyway. Good Friday wouldn't be the same without a Pro Evo tournie! :D

Tusky wrote: »
    Sounds like they have less licenses than ever before. Didnt they used to have the Spanish & Italian league as well as a good few International sides ?
    Its a demo... they are the selectable sides. The italian league is licensed, the spanish is not - though Barcelona, Real, Bilbao, Villareal and 3 other teams are licensed. French and Dutch leagues are licensed. So yeah, less licenses than before, but the edit it mode is back to former glories so i don't care. I'll have an option file with realistic kits installed on my ps3 before PES2009 comes out of its box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its a demo... they are the selectable sides. The italian league is licensed, the spanish is not - though Barcelona, Real, Bilbao, Villareal and 3 other teams are licensed. French and Dutch leagues are licensed. So yeah, less licenses than before, but the edit it mode is back to former glories so i don't care. I'll have an option file with realistic kits installed on my ps3 before PES2009 comes out of its box.

From what i heard it just the Dutch and French legaues with the full license, and the only teams from Italy are the 4 in the Champions League along with most of the other champions league teams apart from Arsenal and Chelsea

Well, you heard wrong.

http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browser&mode=article&article_id=661665&entity_id=-1&image_id=907978&page=21

the above link is to the stats shots of players from the Italian league. As you can see, all the teams have the correct kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The Italian league is actually possibly unlicensed also, but Konami seem to have done a deal with individual clubs and/or Calcio players association.

All the clubs will have their correct kits and all that, but the official Serie A endorsement seems to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭srfc1928

what time does XBL update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just saw they have the players stats on winning eleven blog. Berbatov isnt at United and Saha still is. Hope they have those late transfers sorted by now.

also they gave Ronaldo 90 free kick accuracy :confused:

dar83 wrote: »
    The Italian league is actually possibly unlicensed also, but Konami seem to have done a deal with individual clubs and/or Calcio players association.

All the clubs will have their correct kits and all that, but the official Serie A endorsement seems to have disappeared.

one of the promo pics with Inter had a Seria A badge on the sleeve; though i don't know if that really means anything.

this is the image - make of it what you will:

82802669pu5.jpg

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    also they gave Ronaldo 90 free kick accuracy :confused:
    Sounds accurate to me.

Advertisement