Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone access the top gear live website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

the silver ones which were €95 is the seating going to be bad??? or will everything be clear to see does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Frustrated is not the word:mad: Got to the top of the queue and went to book my tickets only to be stopped by an error message. Kept trying to book for about 30mins but to no avail. Now the [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL] has kicked me to the back of the queue! Phone lines constantly engaged too. Why the fcuk didn't they let Ticketmaster look after this, the dog in the street knew that the demand was going to be more than average?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Thanks Bazman! I got the platinum ones but wasn't sure of the difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Frustrated is not the word:mad: Got to the top of the queue and went to book my tickets only to be stopped by an error message. Kept trying to book for about 30mins but to no avail. Now the [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL] has kicked me to the back of the queue! Phone lines constantly engaged too. Why the fcuk didn't they let Ticketmaster look after this, the dog in the street knew that the demand was going to be more than average?!?

Keep trying, literally 2 minutes ago i got 4 platinum tickets for Saturday night. Hadn't been able to get any progress on the website this morning.

ok I rang and paid €95 + booking fee....is that silver or platinum???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

ok I rang and paid €95 + booking fee....is that silver or platinum???

platinum

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Wooohooo proud owners of 2 tickets for d sunday nite. I hope it'll be worth all d hassle now..i got platinum tickets too im presuming they'll be pretty good seats :cool:

cheers bazman, out of curiosity how much were the silver one?? dont mind paying delighted to have the tickets! :D

Yeah! congrats fendigal! your hubby will be thrilled :)

fendigal did u get tickets...

• Advertisement

oops just read the message.....congrats on the tickets..i got platinum too hopefully they'll be good seats:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ozeire wrote: »
    Well demon83 I’m not sure how you done that. The corporate tickets were onslae but they were €290 each.

The public ones didn't go on sale till today.

You don't think we all would leave it to the last min to buy them if we could get them last week.

Well I'm sorry to say but you did leave it to the last minute, because I booked two Premium Brown Thomas tickets last Thursday at around €100 each (fairly sure that was the day, the day after details of the show were published in the Irish Times Motors section on Wednesday) with no hassle, except they did sell out I think on that day or at most the day after.

So public ones were on sale last week, except that they were around €25 more than the standard ones which were released this morning.

Best of luck to everyone trying to get a ticket this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Sorry qz

My mistake .

I got mine at 9 am this morning on https://tickets.rds.ie even with SQL errors all over the shop .

At one stage I had booked 4 sets of 2 . Maybe i should have kept the others .

OMG

They just played a TopGear Ad on Todayfm.com saying tickets available

Might not have been the best thing to do seeing whats going on at the min .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

the silver ones were €75. I think that is why most people waited until today (incl myself) unfortunately I'm not sure if anyone was actually able to get Silver ones today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

After queueing and retrying all morning to get tickets I finally got through and attempted to book tickets for saturday. I managed to book two tickets for saturdays 2:30 show, and I entered in my address but I was not asked for any credit card or payment details. I was given a confirmation number, and also received a confirmation email. Anyone know what the story is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

Managed to get in around 10am after waiting over an hour with 1500 in the queue or something like that! Got 2 platinum after madness of errors and timeouts

Celtxx - sssh this happened to me too :D

After queueing and retrying all morning to get tickets I finally got through and attempted to book tickets for saturday. I managed to book two tickets for saturdays 2:30 show, and I entered in my address but I was not asked for any credit card or payment details. I was given a confirmation number, and also received a confirmation email. Anyone know what the story is here?

Well best thing is you have them for free the worst is you will have to pay for them at the door or when they go to post them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Yeah I selected the postage option so I am curious to see if they will arrive!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maithancailin

this is the message on RDS website now

The current allocation of tickets for Top Gear Live have been sold. Further tickets and additional shows WILL BE released for sale in the near future. Please check back for updates or call 0818 300 275.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭cocopop

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....i just waited on hold on the phone for over an hour....i finally get through and ask can i buy tickets....she told me friday saturday and sunday are sold out BUT there are thursday tickets....i said great ill buy them....she then tells me the whole server is down and she can't sell any at the moment...i said fine i'll stay on hold and wait until you can...she said I had to hang up and I could try again if i wanted to in a while....?!?!?!?!

I'm raging!!! She said there are thousands in the queue on the phones and they wont sell them to anyne until the server is back working?!

:(....i have been trying all morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrs Stig

Im gutted. Was in a queue for 3.5 hours this morning. got to 1276 before everything seemed to have crashed and now all the tickets are gone. Gutted. :(

just waited another hour on the phone and yes.....I got tickets!!! finally!!!! I bought 4 for saturday night 5 o'clock show I think....I don't care I finally got them :) they were 100euro each.....

:)

well done cocopop!! :)

The RDS really havn't handled this very well though...

What time did you get them at?? So they are not all sold out then as per the website?

I agree the RDS should never be allowed to handle something of this magnitude again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Keep trying, literally 2 minutes ago i got 4 platinum tickets for Saturday night. Hadn't been able to get any progress on the website this morning.

Thanks for the advice mate. I had totally given up hope but I put the hotline on redial for the hell of it. After about 30mins of an engaged tone I finally got through, another 30mins on hold then I finally got to book two tickets for Sunday! Delighted. The lady I booked them with told me that they were the last two tickets available...noooice!

The website was a bloody disgrace.

I am on hold now after trying a couple of times with an engaged tone.

The music is lovely- dont you think...........................:eek:

i got mine about 20 minutes ago...they had just released the last batch of them but i had choice of everyshow....thrusday to sunday...i went with the saturday 5 o'clock one....just keep trying on the phone...think the website is a lost cause....

the lady on the phone said the tickets i got are better then the ones available at 9am this morning! she didn't think they were going to release the others but due to the demand they did about 20mins ago....

keep trying mrs. stig

Thanks coco pop!! Im on hold now- been 8 mins but Im willing to hang on if I can get tickets :D

Will let you know how I get on

• Advertisement

good luck...hope you get them..

Advertisement