Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price 360's - tescos. MAYBE

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Anyone else got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

basquille wrote: »
    Blatant lies.. prove it! ;)

Well, they taste human.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

ch750536 wrote: »
    Well, they taste human.

But with a hint of jasmine for some reason , must be the handwash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

There are some Xbox 360 GOW bundles still left in Tescos Letterkenny, as of 12.30pm today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dublin lad

im a ps3 man my self but at that price im getting one fable 2. gears of war, halo :D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I picked up the Elite in HMV with Tiger Woods 09 and Star Wars Force unleashed for only 299 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I picked up the Elite in HMV with Tiger Woods 09 and Star Wars Force unleashed for only 299 :D

Cool is that because of the 70% sale or was it a one off because I want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Bajingo wrote: »
    Well thanks to Muppetkiller I picked one up in Blanch today, its not advertised, the deal is 364 euros with a wireless adaptor and GTA4 & Halo3, but i said a friend of mine had picked the elite up with GTA4 & Halo3 for 299, he checked it out and said he could do it, well worth the purchase, checked game and zavvi and they don't have anything as good as this deal on at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

360's are only 179 euro in xtravision nationwide...

FearDark wrote: »

Thats for the Arcade version same price all over
    179.99 Arcade
    239.99 Premium 60Gig
    299.99 Elite 120Gig

Good deal is based on the extras some shops are throwing in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FearDark wrote: »
    As they are practically everywhere else.. but they're the Arcade Model.

Smyth's have an offer on too:

W212_F_Image_4_19695.jpg

The 360 in this particular deal was the Premium Model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

There is a list of games for this deal,all the info is in the xmas gift guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciarán_Dublin

Got a new xbox 360 yesterday (My launch day one died and its off for repair, but I'm off the drink, have money and bored off my tits)

Game in Ilac advertised 195 euro for an xbox arcade with either tiger woods 09, Viva pinata:TIP, Latest star wars bollox or Battlefield: Bad Company.

Got to the till and I was only charged 180 (I presume this was a mistake, may be fixed now) and you get a free loyalty card with a 5% return on your purchase or something.

Thought it was a good deal, 50 euro wireless controller, 256mb memory card, 70euro game, HDMI port(cable not included) and 5 arcade games on a disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Bajingo wrote: »

Nope it's there normal offer now.
    I think it's 299 for the Elite with two games from this list
    Halo 3
    Lost Odyssey
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Blue Dragon (i think that what it's called)
    might be one more...

Nope it's there normal offer now.
    I think it's 299 for the Elite with two games from this list
    Halo 3
    Lost Odyssey
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Blue Dragon (i think that what it's called)
    might be one more...

Wow must have been lucky then to get GTA4 from them alonge with Halo 3, I doubt that GTA4 would have been part of the deal.

As they are practically everywhere else.. but they're the Arcade Model.

Smyth's have an offer on too:

W212_F_Image_4_19695.jpg

The 360 in this particular deal was the Premium Model.

THat's not bad at all. Better thanhe TESCO offer ever. What are the two games?

Look closely.. it's missing something...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 josue9

THat's not bad at all. Better thanhe TESCO offer ever. What are the two games?

This is the offer:
    W212_F_Image_3_19696.jpg

Look closely.. it's missing something...

;)

Components included:
    A console perhaps?

MC :mad:

• Advertisement

Anyone seen any?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Am I right in thinking I can buy this Arcade version and stick the hard drive from my console thats just RROD onto it?

Saw this offer in Tesco Mahon Point yesterday on a related note they also had Tiger Woods 09 for €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

razorblunt wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking I can buy this Arcade version and stick the hard drive from my console thats just RROD onto it?

Yes you are.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

razorblunt wrote: »

Saw this offer in Tesco Mahon Point yesterday on a related note they also had Tiger Woods 09 for €35.

Yup, I 'upgraded' to an Arcade while my Premium was away for repairs, just stuck the HD on top and bob's your uncle. Got rid of the Premium (now an 'Arcade' without HD) when it came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yup, I 'upgraded' to an Arcade while my Premium was away for repairs, just stuck the HD on top and bob's your uncle. Got rid of the Premium (now an 'Arcade' without HD) when it came back.

Fantastic, cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

I got one of these bargain 360's from Tesco at the time (About a month ago). It's worth noting these xboxes were old - mine was manufactured in 2006.

It may be of interest to other people who got these that "it's said" by some, that the failure rate back then was between 30 to 50%. i.e. a LOT of them failed.

When I got mine I connected to the intranet, got latest firmware and also used on xbox live (with the 1 month free trial).

Mines now dead - died before the trial xbox live period expired - i.e. with in a month !!!

However, it's covered under extended warranty (so it's all going to be fine)

So my only advise would be - if you got one of these - leave it on for a bit. If it's going to fail it will fail early (apparently) but for a rare user it could take a while.

Going by my manufacture date it's out of standard warranty be very careful to keep the receipt (MS will correct warranty date from date of purchase if proof is provided).

Only 3 red right of death failure (RROD) if covered by the extended warranty (3 years) without a receipt.

Just thought people who got these might like to know this.
    Any other failures out there on this bargain ?
    (General discussion on the RROD failure should probably be taken to the xbox forum).

By the way - I'm still happy with my purchase ... once I get it back ...

Meh.. mine was manufactured in August 2006. Have had it a year... and it's still running fine.

kdobey wrote: »
    I got one of these bargain 360's from Tesco at the time (About a month ago). It's worth noting these xboxes were old - mine was manufactured in 2006.

It may be of interest to other people who got these that "it's said" by some, that the failure rate back then was between 30 to 50%. i.e. a LOT of them failed.

When I got mine I connected to the intranet, got latest firmware and also used on xbox live (with the 1 month free trial).

Mines now dead - died before the trial xbox live period expired - i.e. with in a month !!!

However, it's covered under extended warranty (so it's all going to be fine)

So my only advise would be - if you got one of these - leave it on for a bit. If it's going to fail it will fail early (apparently) but for a rare user it could take a while.

Going by my manufacture date it's out of standard warranty be very careful to keep the receipt (MS will correct warranty date from date of purchase if proof is provided).

Only 3 red right of death failure (RROD) if covered by the extended warranty (3 years) without a receipt.

Just thought people who got these might like to know this.
    Any other failures out there on this bargain ?
    (General discussion on the RROD failure should probably be taken to the xbox forum).

By the way - I'm still happy with my purchase ... once I get it back ...

Well you should be ok, they are re-fitting RROD machines with new motherboards codenamed Opus you can read about them at the following link, these should be more reliable then the one you send back. http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_next_xbox_360_designs_are_opus_and_valhalla.php

Advertisement