Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price 360's - tescos. MAYBE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

xbox36016 wrote: »
    jiminywimilybob callaway92 are the same person go see his ip addrass

That dont change the fact your a tool

Btw None in Portlaoise

Edit: Darwin bet me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

could not see any in dundrum. couple of mirai tvs, one ps3. thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

Dont believe theres any in the Mallow branch either,
    Never even heard oif the offer and I go in there every 2nd day like :S
    Hoping 2 get one soon enough,
    Either to get a job and buy one or 4 christmas,
    Whatever comes first :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Any sign of them in Ennis or Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

None in Claremorris or Castlebar tesco's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

No news on this? Sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i was working in bloomfields tesco last saturday (it was my last day thank god) and i heard a lot of chitter chatter bout 360's in the back between managers, also saw a manager carrying one into one of the back rooms there so it might be worth checking there if anyones looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I was in Tesco's in the Square Tallaght and asked a guy there if they had any in stock, he went to the back room then came back and said there was, then he went to the empty shelf to see the price, it was €279 with 2 games. I wonder if the Tesco employees are hoarding the Xboxs for themselves, see above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry to go off-topic, but why would xbox36016 want to be looking to up his post count?
    Do we get a special prize or something!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbmcbcy

My mother was in Tesco Edenderry today and I asked her to check if there were 360's on sale. She told me that they have a few Gears of War bundle (with the red photo in front, she said) for 149.99. And one Call of Duty at full price. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Soarer wrote: »
    Sorry to go off-topic, but why would xbox36016 want to be looking to up his post count?
    Do we get a special prize or something!?!?

To get access to certain forums you need to have a post count above a certain level to stop the trolls from invading.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks MC.
    Ironic, isn't it? The fact that you need a high post count to stop trollers, and people troll to get a high post count?! :confused:

Sorry, back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

DonJose wrote: »
    I was in Tesco's in the Square Tallaght and asked a guy there if they had any in stock, he went to the back room then came back and said there was, then he went to the empty shelf to see the price, it was €279 with 2 games. I wonder if the Tesco employees are hoarding the Xboxs for themselves, see above post.

tbh, i wouldnt be surprised. about half the 10 or so copies of GTA4 when it came in in my store went to employees

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I had the same thing happen in Jevis
    DonJose wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

tesco had one gears of war bundle this morning.... was tempted to buy it as a 2nd box (I only just bought my first one) but my wife would kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

tesco had one gears of war bundle this morning.... was tempted to buy it as a 2nd box (I only just bought my first one) but my wife would kill me.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

jbmcbcy wrote: »
    My mother was in Tesco Edenderry today and I asked her to check if there were 360's on sale. She told me that they have a few Gears of War bundle (with the red photo in front, she said) for 149.99. And one Call of Duty at full price. ;)

Yup Tesco in Edenderry do have them. They *had* three. NOW they *have* 1.

I rang yesterday and the told me the normal price when I further queried do they have any offers she had to go off and check again and said - oh yeah we do have "Gears of War pack, I can't keep it for you but no body knows there here, so you should be lucky".

Store opens until 10 and they are able to sell them in the evening (i.e. they are not locked away).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

DOH!! tesco roscommon

kdobey wrote: »
    Yup Tesco in Edenderry do have them. They *had* three. NOW they *have* 1.

I rang yesterday and the told me the normal price when I further queried do they have any offers she had to go off and check again and said - oh yeah we do have "Gears of War pack, I can't keep it for you but no body knows there here, so you should be lucky".

Store opens until 10 and they are able to sell them in the evening (i.e. they are not locked away).

I got the last Gears of War bundle at Edenderry, it wasn't on display but behind the counter, they also had a Call of Duty bundle but that scanned in at €279. Tesco Mullingar have cheap games, but I think the employees in Mullingar are hoarding the Xbox bundles as one guy asked a girl if she was still holding onto one. Tullamore only have regular Xbox360s at €279.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

How many others on this thread have been checking their local Tesco constantly for this deal and it never shows up?.
    Some Tesco managers are obviously too cheap to get this deal in.

If that deal was everywhere, who would want to pay more than 150 for a regular 360?. It would spoil their christmas sales. If you wanted an elite, then pay the extra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Whilst not as cheap as the Tesco 'offer', this should be of interest to
    anyone looking to pick up a 360 in the near future:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=239024

Microsoft has officially announced it is cutting the price of Xbox 360 in Europe.
    From Friday, the Arcade unit (which doesn't have a hard drive) will cost GBP 129.99 / EUR 179.
    The 60GB model is also 30 quid cheaper at GBP 169.99 / EUR 239.99. The 120 GB Xbox 360 Elite will now cost GBP 229.99 / 299.99
    That makes Xbox 360 the cheapest console on the market, what with the Wii retailing for GBP 179.99 and the 80GB PS3 for GBP 299.99.
    It's all part of Microsoft's ongoing strategy to open up the ultimate in high-definition gaming and entertainment to an even wider audience with something for everyone, as it says on the press release, and make more money, as it doesn't.
    "We're proud to be expanding the reach of Xbox as the first next-generation console to break the EUR 200 / GBP 150 barrier, making the platform up to EUR 200 / GBP 170 less expensive than competitors," said European Xboxman Chris Lewis.
    "History shows that the majority of console sales happen after this price point has been breached, and we're well positioned to take advantage of this mass market pricing."
    Lewis went on to remind us all that Xbox 360 was the first console to sell over 20 million units worldwide, before babbling on about "the ever-expanding ecosystem of Xbox" for a bit. There will be 90 titles released for the machine between now and Christmas, don't you know, not to mention the Xbox Live overhaul.
    "Plus, with well over five million consoles sold to date the combination of the strongest games line up this Christmas, really innovative entertainment experiences and these groundbreaking new price points will ensure we continue to enjoy fantastic momentum in Europe," said Lewis. "Durn't ye think sur inspectah," he did not add.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah these Gears of War packs would have the added advantage of having drives that can be flashed if one was so inclined ;) The new 360's drive cannot so far be flashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

lads, don't even bother with that deal in tescos. last year i knew about the deal before it even started so i went in early enough on the day & there was none left in any store in dublin. its a complete scam to get people into the shop. all the staff end up getting em & they never get enough of em in anyway to supply any sort of demand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

dublander wrote: »
    lads, don't even bother with that deal in tescos. last year i knew about the deal before it even started so i went in early enough on the day & there was none left in any store in dublin. its a complete scam to get people into the shop. all the staff end up getting em & they never get enough of em in anyway to supply any sort of demand

I think the word scam is going a bit far. They didnt actually advertise this, afaik. And its not a matter of getting in stock to supply demand, because i believe they're just selling off old stock that was still in some of the branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ya it was no scam many people including myself picked one up at 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

It was a complete joke then. I was told in the Tesco Sligo every time I asked that they would have it in the next day until thismorning when I rang they said the deal was over. The first time I asked when the deal was over I was told that it was over in mid december. They really pissed me off on this one as I wasted a load of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Go to the manager and ask him why his staff are allowed to horde items that are on sale, inform head office of the situation, its what I'll be doing if none of the laptops don't turn up for sale.

MC

Same here, but I had to got to 3 Tescos to find one, found it in Edenderry. Its a good deal and I'm sure Tescos employees are hoarding them. I also got 4 games for €45 in Mullingar, Tomb Ranger Legend, Far Cry, Condemned and Hitman. These 4 games cost €95 on play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Tesco Employees are people too & have every right to take a bargain or two, you telling me you wouldn't in that situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ch750536 wrote: »
    Tesco Employees are people too
    Blatant lies.. prove it! ;)

Advertisement