Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price 360's - tescos. MAYBE

Options
  • 09-09-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Don't string me up if this doesnt happen, but I was in tesco's in Carlow yesterday and I heard two guys who work there talking. This was their conversation.

"There stocking half price 360’s this week"
    "What with the hard drives and all?"
    "Yea"
    "How much, €150"
    "Yea, I suppose around that."
    "they won’t even make the shelves"
    "true, think I’m going to buy a few and flog them on"
    "me to. When they putting them up"
    "Wednesday I think"

This was hearsay and conjecture from a conversation overheard, but the two buyo’s worked in tesco’s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Are you sure they're not talking about Tesco Value 180's:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know what time Tesco price changes on their POS system kicks in at?

Edit:

The last time I was in Tesco I was a crystal original XBox on a shelf {It's been there for over 2 year that I can remember} and decided to scan I under one of the "PriceCheck Scanner" they had dotted around the store and it sayed a ~200€ IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

I rang Tesco in Mahon Point in Cork, they dont have any in stock and hadnt heard of any promotion either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

xabi wrote: »
    I rang Tesco in Mahon Point in Cork, they dont have any in stock and hadnt heard of any promotion either.

That would indicate to me that there isnt going to be a promotion. If there was they would be well stocked up. Maybe the guys were just talkin out of their asses

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

too good to be true i reckon. But i'll certainly pop in to Tesco in Jervis first thing in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

If that's the 60gb model i'd definately pick one up. Got my current machine (with an extra controller and PGR3) in tesco 2 years ago for half price as well. They had a mix up in the advertising - one sign said 25% off in vouchers, the other ad 25% off at the till - went to the manager to complain and got both.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Tesco change their till offers at 4 in morning which is quite annoying if your there at 12 midnight at their 24 hour shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What time do they open at? If not before 7:00, I'll have to wait will after 20:00 to check in store.... The last time I called then I was told they did not sell XBox's....?!?!
    too good to be true i reckon. But i'll certainly pop in to Tesco in Jervis first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I was just in Tesco's Mullingar with the intention of getting one put by until tomorrow with the excuse that I didn't have enough money with me now to pay for it...

None on display and no hardware staff to be seen anywhere to ask about stock.

If anyone sees stock somewhere it might be worth a try to get one put by, it won't cost you anything if the deal doesn't happen you can always make an excuse not to buy....;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Do-more wrote: »
    I was just in Tesco's Mullingar with the intention of getting one put by until tomorrow with the excuse that I didn't have enough money with me now to pay for it...

None on display and no hardware staff to be seen anywhere to ask about stock.

If anyone sees stock somewhere it might be worth a try to get one put by, it won't cost you anything if the deal doesn't happen you can always make an excuse not to buy....;)

I dont know guys. I wouldnt go out of yere way. Im just repeating what I heard a couple of tesco employees talking about. They werent even sure themselves. I wouldnt go out of yere way, until we know its deal on, (or deal not on more likelier)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If that's the 60gb model i'd definately pick one up. Got my current machine (with an extra controller and PGR3) in tesco 2 years ago for half price as well. They had a mix up in the advertising - one sign said half off in vouchers, the other ad half off at the till - went to the manager to complain and got both.:D

Should have got it for free as that is Tesco's policy!!! :eek:

Should have got it for free as that is Tesco's policy!!! :eek:

Oops. Should have said 25% off/vouchers in both the ads. Fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Dunnes had a similar deal recently. It's microsoft trying to clear out all the old stock that pepole won't buy. Not a hope they'r'll be 60gb not on purpose anyway. MS called back a load of old old stock and restickered em a and added a couple a games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If they were, say, old 20gig models for 150, would that be better value than the 60 gig elsewhere? Is that extra 40gig worth it all that extra money?

If they were, say, old 20gig models for 150, would that be better value than the 60 gig elsewhere? Is that extra 40gig worth it all that extra money?

I'd pay it for the new motherboard which is apparently very stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Dunnes are supposed to have some big promotion tomorrow too but I don't know what's on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Dman001 wrote: »
    Dunnes are supposed to have some big promotion tomorrow too but I don't know what's on offer.

anyone know anymore about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Tesco had their 50% back on points with consoles and games this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Well the thing is the old machines are almost garunteed to RROD at some point. The may eat your discs and they will be loud. That said afaik they have a 3 year warranty which will cover all of these problems but chances are you'll spend half the time you own it waiting for RMA.
    But you may be lucky enough and they'll end up replacing your old mobo for a brand new one in which case you'll have a machine thats pretty much spanking new but for 150 quid.
    TBH for me thats a lot of if's buts and maybes and hassle for the sake of 130 euro saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I think I might go by tesco tomorrow and check this the odd time tesco do have some cool deals going on but yeah I won't get my hopes up until I see it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

For the sake of 130 euros? Are you shitting me? That is a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ive had a 360 from day one & no major problems (apart from 1 disc eating incident, but that was from moving the console while it was on)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

The brother works in Tesco, rang them last night, and they said 149 or something like that for the xbox from this morning. Looking true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

get one for sister if that is real

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Did a bit of snooping around Cork....
    Tesco Douglas - Girl said that department has closed down!
    Tesco Wilton - Girl said she didn't think they'd any in stock, but she's finding out about stock and price, and ringing me back...supposedly.
    Tesco Mahon Point - Girl "checked with hardware section" and said they don't sell them. Seem to remember them selling it before, but could be wrong.

Actually, just remembered that Tesco Midleton does them. Will ring them and find out the story.

Edit: Just rang Midleton there, and they've none in stock. So it seems like the ideal time to have a halfprice promotion as there's none around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

i rang tesco wexford and they said 279 is the price and no specials

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Mate was just in Tesco Maynooth, the guy confirmed that the old model XBOX 360 is reduced in price but after a long while in the store room talking to the manager he came back and said that they had none in stock, sounds like the usual Tesco scenario that staff have snapped them all up before they hit the shelf!

New model is in stock but not reduced....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Was just in Tesco, Celbridge. Couldn't even see an Xbox, let alone a special. All i could find was two PS3's.

Had my laser card out in full aswell..

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Yea sounds like it depends on the area and how bad the staff want a cheap xbox360 I wouldnt buy any hardware from tesco anyway after what happened when I bought a pc from them....even if its only 150 euro!They don't have the best customer service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Yep. No deal in Ballinrobe or galway..... Entertainment manager in ballinrobe knew nothing about it..

Advertisement