Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring problem

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:confused:

I don't think my dad ever wore his wedding ring.

The folks are married 37 years now though. My mum has always worn her engagement and wedding rings (don't think she's gone a day without wearing them) and yet, of the two individuals, I'd say she'd be the one more likely to be unfaithful (not saying I have reason to believe this, but if I was pressured into saying so, yep, I could imagine her straying for a toy boy... :))

My dad's super old-skool, don't think he'd even look at another woman. And yet he doesn't comply with that old tradition - probably cuz he just doesn't like the feel of rings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My husband hates jewlery of any kind but we compromised when it came to being married - both him and I wear a plain band of gold and I did take his name in the end. It did take a while for him to get used to it but he is fine with it now. I must admit that it was important to me - I wear a sign of commitment to him (my wedding and enagement ring) and feel that it is only fair that he should do the same.

In terms of why I married him - well, I love him and want the world to know that we are a family together. We did not have a big day out, it was about being married, not getting married and it still is, I love every day I have with him and have never taken him for granted.

Advertisement