Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M20 - Cork to Limerick [preferred route chosen; in design - phase 3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Dan Boyle lost his seat in the 2007 election....what did his party do?...put him in charge of negotiations with FF to go into government with them, even though the voters did not want him involved in their politics....he was rewarded with a seanad seat......the greens are a party of bluffers and liars!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

It’s all grand coming from Galway until you have to take the M20 exit for charleville, only then does the real fun start

I agree. It's acceptable as far as just beyond Croom but then it is totally unfit for purpose all the way to the Twopothouse just north of Mallow and then you've two roundabouts to face into where half the drivers don't know how to drive. (oh and that Hospital junction is a deathtrap)

M20 needed sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Isambard wrote: »
    I agree. It's acceptable as far as just beyond Croom but then it is totally unfit for purpose all the way to the Twopothouse just north of Mallow and then you've two roundabouts to face into where half the drivers don't know how to drive. (oh and that Hospital junction is a deathtrap)

M20 needed sooner rather than later.

That’s definitely the worst of it. I had a near miss last year in my car at the hospital junction, a person of let’s say mature/advanced years pulled straight out in front of me. It was only for the grace of god there was no collision, I was heading North and they exited right heading for Mallow, no indication, no checking left or right, just straight out. If I was in the truck it was all over.

no speed limit and no traffic calming and a high proportion of older drivers, it's a recipe for disaster. Call themselves professionals!

gifted wrote: »
    Dan Boyle lost his seat in the 2007 election....what did his party do?...put him in charge of negotiations with FF to go into government with them, even though the voters did not want him involved in their politics....he was rewarded with a seanad seat......the greens are a party of bluffers and liars!

https://twitter.com/sendboyle/status/1236579661632745472?s=21

https://twitter.com/sendboyle/status/1236580290144931841?s=21

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Fairly comprehensive response to a load of buzz words and rhetoric.

But the public voted not to want you in public life...which you ignored!

In fact the green party have a history of ignoring the public vote...

Niall Ó Brolcháin failed to get elected in 2007 election.....the green party nominated him in 2009 for the seanad, again backed by FF......even though the galway public voted not to want him in politics representing them.

In fact Niall Ó Brolcháin suggested the green party should pull out of their Coalition with FF after he lost his seat in June of 2009 in local elections but was persuaded to change his mind with the promise of the seanad seat just 6 months later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/green-party-hopes-to-make-a-measured-response-to-its-election-meltdown-1.779863?mode=amp

It doesn't matter what way you paint it they're the facts.

But the public voted not to want you in public life...which you ignored!

In fact the green party have a history of ignoring the public vote...

Niall Ó Brolcháin failed to get elected in 2007 election.....the green party nominated him in 2009 for the seanad, again backed by FF......even though the galway public voted not to want him in politics representing them.

In fact Niall Ó Brolcháin suggested the green party should pull out of their Coalition with FF after he lost his seat in June of 2009 in local elections but was persuaded to change his mind with the promise of the seanad seat just 6 months later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/green-party-hopes-to-make-a-measured-response-to-its-election-meltdown-1.779863%3fmode=amp

It doesn't matter what way you paint it they're the facts.

Dan does have a point here

https://twitter.com/sendboyle/status/1236753713966059526?s=21

He still not denying the facts that the green party ignores the wishes of the public when it suits them.....makes no difference if he is elected now as a councillor. Cronyism is number one agenda with the Green Party.

I'll leave it there folks. I'm glad the Irish public see the greens for what ye are.

Just one more thing.....the last chap that used tell us he was offered more money somewhere else was the head of the FAI and look what happened them lol lol.......I think that tells us everything about the greens

Bye

• Advertisement

He still not denying the facts that the green party ignores the wishes of the public when it suits them.....makes no difference if he is elected now as a councillor. Cronyism is number one agenda with the Green Party.

I'll leave it there folks. I'm glad the Irish public see the greens for what ye are.

Just one more thing.....the last chap that used tell us he was offered more money somewhere else was the head of the FAI and look what happened them lol lol.......I think that tells us everything about the greens

Bye

https://twitter.com/sendboyle/status/1236758253054410752?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Probably not the best thread for this lads...the M20 is needed. Dan Boyle can be right sometimes and wrong other times.

Probably not the best thread for this lads...the M20 is needed. Dan Boyle can be right sometimes and wrong other times.

He’s merely taking the party line on the motorway, we’ll never get the personal opinion

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: Can we leave the discussion on the Green Party to the politics forum. I know that they have appeared to be against the M20, but that has been carried enough. Can we move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

This kind of thing always annoys me when people talk about road deaths. It’s always speed kills and speed is the cause.

When are the road safety authority ever going to come out and condemn a stretch of road as being the problem.

Hopefully this incident doesn’t add to the ‘statistics’ but it’s hard from experience to think that it won’t.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This kind of thing always annoys me when people talk about road deaths. It’s always speed kills and speed is the cause.

When are the road safety authority ever going to come out and condemn a stretch of road as being the problem.

Hopefully this incident doesn’t add to the ‘statistics’ but it’s hard from experience to think that it won’t.

It has been confirmed that there was a fatality from this incident today

70 year old lady suffered fatal injuries in the area where road works are ongoing. I don't think the RSA will openly condemn it, to do so would be shafting their government colleagues. Sadly this lady will be a statistic, only if someone majorly important or a government minister perished on the road only then might we see something happen. And i will go on record now to say that as a result of the coronavirus this road is going to be shelved again due to an imminent recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

70 year old lady suffered fatal injuries in the area where road works are ongoing. I don't think the RSA will openly condemn it, to do so would be shafting their government colleagues. Sadly this lady will be a statistic, only if someone majorly important or a government minister perished on the road only then might we see something happen. And i will go on record now to say that as a result of the coronavirus this road is going to be shelved again due to an imminent recession.

I actually think it could form part of a massive stimulus which is going be needed.
    There should be major investment in roads, public transport, housing , health and renewables,a fair deal.
    We won’t regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The RSA are doing exactly what they're supposed to do. They are concerned with the behaviour of people on the roads.

The NRA, local authorities etc are the ones who ought to call out the dangers of single carriageway stretches of road with at grade junctions and oncoming overtaking traffic.

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »
    The RSA are doing exactly what they're supposed to do. They are concerned with the behaviour of people on the roads.

The NRA, local authorities etc are the ones who ought to call out the dangers of single carriageway stretches of road with at grade junctions and oncoming overtaking traffic.

Road safety doesn’t or at least shouldn’t start and end at driver behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Road safety doesn’t or at least shouldn’t start and end at driver behaviour.

What? Driver behaviour is the almost always the root cause :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

And yet, it's not. All other things being equal, a motorway will always be safer than a single carriageway for the type of work the N20 does.

Mc Love wrote: »
    What? Driver behaviour is the almost always the root cause :rolleyes:

Except when it’s not, and this road is badly designed, over used and causes A high number of fatalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

probably, doing exactly what they did last time! if they had any vision or balls, they would go ahead with the projects of major importance. Dublin metro and this road. Scrap the NBP!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Idbatterim wrote: »
    . Scrap the NBP!

It just needs to be put on the long finger. It needs to be done at some point, but not just yet - M20 and Metrolink are much more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

donvito99 wrote: »

you are wasting your time there, they will do nothing about it even if u report it.Just an example. i reported/asked why they dont redo thaty boggy/sinking section of m7 where all the crashes happen ''TII engages with all stakeholders, including An Garda Siochána, the Road Safety Authority (RSA) and Met Éireann in relation to all aspects of road safety, particularly focussing on the high speed motorway network. The issue of sudden hail storms is of particular concern and is the subject of ongoing liaison between TII and Met Éireann.' short ans

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

It just needs to be put on the long finger. It needs to be done at some point, but not just yet - M20 and Metrolink are much more important.

they can beam data, they wont be able to teleport us physically for another time yet... If this was done years ago, you could have made some argument for it. With technology going to render it redundant and certainly on irish time frames, it should be shelved!

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/mar/19/spacex-sends-up-60-more-satellites-2020/

Idbatterim wrote: »
    they can beam data, they wont be able to teleport us physically for another time yet... If this was done years ago, you could have made some argument for it. With technology going to render it redundant and certainly on irish time frames, it should be shelved!

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/mar/19/spacex-sends-up-60-more-satellites-2020/

What’s space tourism go to do with upgrading a road that’s not fit for purpose?

• Advertisement

i suspect covid19 will kill off the M20 for a good few years

Advertisement