Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Models are middle class!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Irish Sperm receptacles are mingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

taconnol wrote: »
    Ok well don't go to Oslo coz that's the style that's in there! (but no long hair..)

Now I suppose I could make an exception for this guy...

http://arsenal.theoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/freddieljungberg.jpeg

There have been constant rumours of his gayness. Just so you know! (Arsenal fan here.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Ok well don't go to Oslo coz that's the style that's in there! (but no long hair..)

Now I suppose I could make an exception for this guy...

http://arsenal.theoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/freddieljungberg.jpeg

That guy is rank, I don't like such OTT masculine looks on a man. I have been to Oslo and the guys there are hot, but they're much hotter in Stockholm. Here's a Stockholm hottie:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7140/274834449385ffa5293yo5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

models :mad: its amazing what a little airbrushing, hair and makeup can do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

maybe ireland isnt ready for models, instead we have a lot of either middle-aged sour bitter women in business clothes or old dried up hags with cardigans or teeny bopper glitter infested track suit wearing paris hilton lookalikes, am i right? well i aint wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

AARRRGH wrote: »
    There have been constant rumours of his gayness. Just so you know! (Arsenal fan here.)

NooO!! *sticks fingers in ears* lalalalalalalala....

Ah look to be honest he's just a pretty thing to look at. In reality, it's not about if he finds me hot, it's about how hot HE is! (and in the homophobic realm of football, I wouldn't be beyond putting such rumours down to jealousy..)
    That guy is rank, I don't like such OTT masculine looks on a man. I have been to Oslo and the guys there are hot, but they're much hotter in Stockholm. Here's a Stockholm hottie:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7140/274834449385ffa5293yo5.jpg

Joke, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Irish models are just promotions girls

I'm not fussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm not fussy.

When it comes to the .....

Joke, right?

No, why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Nice tags!

Ah... dunno i like Irish men... and Irish male models are HOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

If it's not page 3 it isn’t wrote looking at.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If it's not page 3 it isn’t wrote looking at.;)
    True, men like TnA, it's only models aimed at women that are stick thin.

nothing beats a bit of curves and skimpy bikini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Therickmachine

But on the other hand, I don't find so-called stunners, like Lily Cole, remotely stunning. She looks like she should get some sunlight and a few burgers.
    Completely agreed I think Lily Cole looks horrendous!

When it comes to Irish models I am not a fan. But I am talking about the PR girls- The likes of Glenda Gleeson and Rosanna Davidson.

Glenda - There was something that irriatated me about her and Jessica Simpson also. Then it hit me. Glenda has the same nose as jessica Simpson. Its like squashed or something! They both look like blonde and brunette barbie! Both irritate the crap outta me!

Rosanna Davidson, I am a friend of a friend of hers. ive seen her in person..
    Is it just me or she doesn t look natural???
    She is almost waaaaayy too perfect to be real! She looks like one of those Californian girls or like something off stepford wives!
    I think sometimes you need a slight imperfection. She s like a Barbie or something!

Like or hate her, she did get Ireland the title of Miss World. So funny as alot of my European Friends think she is the norm here.

I don t think models are meant to be stunning nowadays. Sure the 80's and 90's had the likes of Moss, Campbell and Crawfords. Then heroin chic came into fashion and the looks went downhill:( Being model aint about the face its about the body.

I hate when people hear blonde and skinny and think oh attractive when she could have a face like a dogs dinner!
    I find the likes of TV presenters like Seoige much attractive than these so called models or (PR girls more like it)!

I dont think Kate Moss is good looking, i don't think much about her figure either... Seen her without make up? She looks dreadful...

Whats the deal with models? Before we start saying Irish models are not hot, take a look at yourself..
    Are you hot?:rolleyes: If yes then why are you not modelling:D

Maybe the boardsies are extremely hot but too shy to model. Not everyone wants to be gawped at, it's not our fault we're so beautiful.

i've been told I look like a young paul newman

i've been told I look like a young paul newman

I need your address..I'm going to post you some wonderous confectionary. You can trust me I'm a girl. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Therickmachine

I was talked to in Polish, by a Polish guy. He couldn t believe I was Irish when I responded in English. He said "oh my god, I can t believe you are Irish you actually look quite nice, "

I didn t know whether to be flattered for myself or insulted for my country?????? Bit of both!!

I personaly don t find Eastern Europeans terribly attractive, so I wasn t that flattered by the comment! But then again other people find them attractive so...... I was a little flattered.

However in Dubai I didn t appreciate being mistaken for Russian as that normally means the Arabs think you are on sale for sex:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

I have to disagree with you. I love the Lily Coles of the modelling world. She's interesting looking and draws you in when flicking through a mag!

Helena Kristiansen was the same, just something about her made you stop and pay attention (jokes later) anyway Irish models are the "girl next door look" promotion girls!

Also the photographers for these newspapers have a lot to answer for- metro especially. They're awful, no effort or imagination!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Like or hate her, she did get Ireland the title of Miss World. So funny as alot of my European Friends think she is the norm here.

I think that sums this thread up quite nicely.

I went to school with Rosanna (well, not in the same year) and she certainly didn't stand out. It's either amazing what good lights & makeup can do or we had some awfully ugly uniforms that were capable of making any half-decent girl look atrocius. Actually now that I think of it, that was probably their main purpose.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I need your address..I'm going to post you some wonderous confectionary. You can trust me I'm a girl. :)

thats what sxylady89 said, turns out it was a man, a big man, a big strong man

*flashback of rape*

oh God he was so big!

*queue uncontrolable crying*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dlite wrote: »

I have to disagree with you. I love the Lily Coles of the modelling world. She's interesting looking and draws you in when flicking through a mag!

Helena Kristiansen was the same, just something about her made you stop and pay attention (jokes later) anyway Irish models are the "girl next door look" promotion girls!

Also the photographers for these newspapers have a lot to answer for- metro especially. They're awful, no effort or imagination!

The Metro/Star/Examiner/Irish Times aren't exactly the latest in fashionwear, now are they? I'm a bloke but do you honestly expect standing in the rain in a pair of wellies and bikini in Kilkenny promoting the Ploughing Championships to be the same as modelling clothes or fashionwear? Not by a long shot.

OP, there are plenty of stunning Irish women out there, and, yes, proper models too, but you won't find them in the national rag.

thats what sxylady89 said, turns out it was a man, a big man, a big strong man

*flashback of rape*

oh God he was so big!

*queue uncontrolable crying*

hahhahahahahah... blimey... i bet you couldn't walk for days:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

The Metro/Star/Examiner/Irish Times aren't exactly the latest in fashionwear, now are they? I'm a bloke but do you honestly expect standing in the rain in a pair of wellies and bikini in Kilkenny promoting the Ploughing Championships to be the same as modelling clothes or fashionwear? Not by a long shot.

You have to start somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

You have to start somewhere?

True, but I was making the distinction between fashion models and PR models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Not only are they not great looking they can't even snort coke without kicking it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Not only are they not great looking they can't even snort coke without kicking it.

ooo controversial! :D

Advertisement