Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I thought Tara was going to shoot herself on the street tbh.
    tunguska wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that alright. Too much hassle though, easier to pop down to the local library and get it there.

Too much hassle to open another tab and spend 30 seconds creating a Netflix account? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

tunguska wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting the Sons of Anarchy boxset to watch over christmas. I dont know anybody personally whos even heard of this show, never mind actually watched any episodes.
    Is it worth watching?

Its a good show with Irish and Irish american connections, some episodes are set in Ireland(although some critics don't rate those ones highly) very entertaining
    great music , great characters and actors, unrelentingly grim and horrible violence and action,

On the negative side the story lines are not very realistic at times
    and some of the gun battles and plots are like something out of the A-team
    Better to switch off brain when watching Also IMO it dragged on too long
    They should have wrapped it up season 5 (IMO)

If you looking for gritty crime/cop realism I would look elsewhere
    If you looking for low-brow entertaining action about 1% percent-er biker gang Its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Too much hassle to open another tab and spend 30 seconds creating a Netflix account? :confused:

What is this tab you speak of? You gotta realise Im technologically ass backways, I dont even have t'internet ar abhaile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think I'm about ready for Gemma and Tara to head off to "MandyLand" at this stage and never come back.

I hate to be that guy but this show would be a lot better without the female characters. I realise that won't happen because then Jax would have no excuse to get naked and the female fans would revolt......but it would make the show better.

The Wire had one proper female character it's entire 5 season run.....and she was a lesbian who acted like the men. It's entire cast consisted of men. Most people consider it one of the best shows ever. Is that a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

when will season 5 be available on netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

paddy_joe wrote: »
    when will season 5 be available on netflix?

More than likely after the DVD release the studios have to make their money from that first before they sell the streaming rights. (DVD release isthe end of this month I think)

Kirby wrote: »
    Boardsie's really do have an irrational hatred of leading women in nearly every popular show on here. It's uncanny.

That is such utter ridicolous nonsense. People hate Gemma and rightly so given that over 6 series she has been an evil, manipulative monster who would do anything within her power to stay in control. She repeatedly threatened Tara whenever leaving was mentioned and would have no problem putting Tara in a box if it meant she could have her grandkids to herself.

Tara is equally warped but that's only because of the pressure and constant threat of Gemma. She became everything she hated in order to try and keep her kids from being molded by Gemma into the next generation of screwed up nutjobs.

Caught up on the most recent episodes and it really has gone off the rails. There's a real feeling that they're simply making it up as they go along and the reintroduction of Elliot felt like Sutter trying to set up something big but not sure just what it is he wants to do. The ongoing Gemma and Tara storyline is going nowhere and just feels boring and uninteresting. I don't care about either Gemma or Tara and would sooner see them dead than pop up in another episode of the show. If it wasn't for the fact that series 7 or 8 will be the last I'd seriously be considering giving this up as Im really losing interest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The one saving grace from this Tara/Gemma sh*te, is that it's all going t*ts up for Tara, even the woman who was to be the carer for the kids has started to use, and the head of her dept is backing away. F*ck you Tara, f*ck you.....o0h and she caught Jax banging a madame, again, f*ck you Tara. In your face.

The whole Nero/Unser combo looks good as well, the dialogue between them is great. A seen some picture of them photoshopped to make them look like a 80's buddy cop combo (not Turner & Hooch).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I just hope this season ends with one of them gone....

We are bound to lose someone before the end of the season...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nah, I'd say they'll be still there come end of season, well perhaps Gemma will be over in Belfast with Clay as I reckon they'll be back together.

And Tara will just be wandering around sulking in the background of every scene until the show wraps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I just skip all scenes that have tare and gemma

Preview for tonight looks pretty awesome

I reckon if this season is going to be saved tonight show is the one to do it in.....Same as last season Ep 1-10 ish were crap...the last few were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's insane how much this season has split people. Some think it's one of the best, then others think it's awful.

I'm somewhere in the middle. Some episodes have been brilliant, but not enough to make it one of the best seasons. I think it has been very good at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I think the hastey rewrites have made people forget how good the series was going(bar jemma tara ****) till then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's insane how much this season has split people. Some think it's one of the best, then others think it's awful.

I'm somewhere in the middle. Some episodes have been brilliant, but not enough to make it one of the best seasons. I think it has been very good at worst.

Who thinks it's the best? The first few episodes made me feel it could, but now it's the worst season.
    They need to wrap up Tara and Gemma once and for all. It's too soap opera. I am also getting sick of Jax and his moral struggles

BTW does Tig know that Jax set him up? I think that's gonna be the finale. Him turning on Jax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Jaysus, talk about disjointed. That's a disappointing exit.

I'm actually loving this season, in my recent posts i've been critical of the Gemma/Tara story, but it's just been going on for too long and when we see an end, something happens to allow it to not end.

The other goings on outside this, I think it's been ace.

EDIT: Although havent seen the most recent episode yet......feckin work getting in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Watch it asap and share your thoughts. I'm majorly disappointed with how such a massive event was done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Honestly? This has gone from sublime to ridiculous. The whole thing was a load of bull. They didn't
    disarm the cops and keep their weapons away from them?
    WTF? Rubbish. There were lots of other things wrong with the episode too.

Poorly written imo. Yes that demise was very low-key compared to what I would have expected.

Honestly, I know there were hasty rewrites but really and truly this season is now looking like they are writing one episode, filming and producing it and then sitting down and saying 'Oh, I wonder what we could do next?'

I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow wrote Opie back into the show the way this is going...maybe in a menáge a trois with Tara and Gemma, just to heighten the teenage soap opera that's going on between those two.

Not sure I'll continue watching this show next season. I'll give it to the end of this season and then make a decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

honestly the only reason im still watching this show is because it and boardwalk are the only two currently airing shows I watch
    if I even had a ghost of a choice i'd drop sons in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Honestly? This has gone from sublime to ridiculous. The whole thing was a load of bull. They didn't
    disarm the cops and keep their weapons away from them?
    WTF? Rubbish. There were lots of other things wrong with the episode too.

Poorly written imo. Yes that demise was very low-key compared to what I would have expected.

Honestly, I know there were hasty rewrites but really and truly this season is now looking like they are writing one episode, filming and producing it and then sitting down and saying 'Oh, I wonder what we could do next?'

I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow wrote Opie back into the show the way this is going...maybe in a menáge a trois with Tara and Gemma, just to heighten the teenage soap opera that's going on between those two.

Not sure I'll continue watching this show next season. I'll give it to the end of this season and then make a decision.
    I agree but think about it logically. They lost their main villain during filming and there has been no delay in showing this season. Meaning that while they had all actors & crew on set they needed to write new episodes. So i assume they were making it up as they went along. I'd be surprised if they had more than a few days per episode

That said they have had a few terrible ideas in previous seasons. The Ireland season and the whole cartel being super secret agents for the CIA to name 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The premature departure of Toric really threw this season into the bin. It was excellent up until he was killed. It's not the worst season though. Still watchable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Headshots. About time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I still think it's brilliant anyway.

Christ what a boring exit for one of the shows leading characters. I did like the
    Killing of the Irish
    but Jesus really even some sort of a speech by jax or something!!!!

As for the final two shows of the season....god only knows where it can go...

I'm still hoping Tara gets a head shot at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

r3nu4l wrote: »

Honestly, I know there were hasty rewrites

What kind of re-writes had to be done?
    I don't recall reading about any casting issues?

eh....just looked up the episode 12 promo there....dec 3rd ? break next week ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

geecee wrote: »
    What kind of re-writes had to be done?
    I don't recall reading about any casting issues?

torric had to be killed off way earlier than planned (assuming he was going to be killed off at all) because he had a scheduling conflict with another show.

Advertisement