Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth Boards Beers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tele sales is a good way to go. My mate did it for Telstra. You start off with a couple of months fully paid training then sit in an office all day ringing existing customers to see if they want an upgraded service, i.e. no cold calling as they're already with Telstra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

thanks for the suggestions, might try the blue collar place. As for telesales, I'd rather slit my wrists! I went through call centre hell for a good year while I was in college almost ten years ago, never again I said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Hot Dog

I do FIFO work , 9/5 in perth. I could be enticed out for a drink. For sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tele sales is a good way to go. My mate did it for Telstra. You start off with a couple of months fully paid training then sit in an office all day ringing existing customers to see if they want an upgraded service, i.e. no cold calling as they're already with Telstra.

Did you see the documentary last year about the massive unrest in Telstra, the huge pressure being placed on the telesales staff to meet increasing sales figure. Staff who were getting great appraisals where on warnings in the sapce of 6 months. A couple of senior telesales staff in Melbourne committed suicide, whether as a result of this or not...

Yeah I remember reading about that alright.

But from the point of view of someone who can only work in the same job for six months then Telstra is a pretty handy avenue to go down, especially considering nearly half of that six months is training!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Lads do either of you have any link to anything to do with this? My mate just signed a contract with them, but hasn't started there yet. I'd like to point this out to him if you before he starts there!

Just type 'telstra suicide' into google and all shall be revealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

what's the $$$ like with Telstra?

starting monday with the dept of education in east perth. Anyway f*ck that - who's watching the Ireland game tonight? We have Setanta in the house so I'm just watching it at home. Cmon Eire!!!

Aren't setanta only showing Scotland, the North and England? That's how I read it on their tv guide.

• Advertisement

no it's said all week that they're showing Ireland, midnight our time, followed by Scotland Macedonia. I hope we feckin' win. I don't even know who Glenn Whelan is and he's starting him in midfield instead of fat andy reid.

Ah sweet. Must try find somewhere that's showing it or else get a stream.

yay, we won. So anyone know The Windsor in South Perth? That's my local anyway. I took a walk around Northbridge today with my German mate and we visited a few bars, I swear to god, 90% of the people on the streets and in the bars in northbridge were Irish!!! What's the story with that??? Is there anyone left in Ireland??? We went into the Sheds bar or whatever it's called and EVERYONE in the place was Irish, and it was pretty busy!! Must have seen about 25 GAA jerseys around there today too.

Anyone fancy a pint on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Ok I am going to derail this thread rather than start a new one
    http://www.townsend.wa.edu.au/
    what is that location like? $35 for a single room, alot cheaper than any hotel
    just wondering will it be a crack-den?
    or some place full of tight-ar$e backpackers wearing socks with sandals?

Hmmmm it's about 15 minutes from my office so I can take a stroll past in the next day or so if you want.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmmm it's about 15 minutes from my office so I can take a stroll past in the next day or so if you want.

Only if you do it on work time ... nah seriously it's okay, but location is okay it's not like sydney where near city = redfern etc

Nah not at all. It's right in the centre, 5 minutes walk max to the main shopping area and central train station.

sweet!!

Pint on Friday... I have to work till 1830 I think, where are y'all going? I hope to god it's casual here on Friday's must ask someone...

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Pint on Friday... I have to work till 1830 I think, where are y'all going? I hope to god it's casual here on Friday's must ask someone...

Well I finish up at 4.30pm so I should be around for whatever.

I have every second Friday as casual (this Friday thank God) but pretty much everywhere else has it every week.

this is a government dept though so they're usually pretty retarded when it comes to.. well everything. It's just like the irish civil service here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ha, I'd hate to work in an office, get yourselves a job on a site somewhere boys, then everyday is casual. I'll be around for a quick one or two tomorrow alright, let us know what ye's are up to, I'll check back here tomorrow morning sometime.

Right so that's three of us anyway. Say maybe 5 o'clock or so around Murray Street?

Bumpidy bump

So are we scoopin today?

I can't make it this evening I've to go and let some stupid german girls into my house as they are staying and the guy who met them on the road and invited them works till 11 so I've been bloody elected to let them in. They better be hot. German girls though... god... the ones you meet travelling are always so f*cking boring.

Just tell them to come meet you in town and they can join us! If they're not hot then they can be easily ditched :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Do them ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

So whats the deal then? Xavi, OCH, Brazilia, German Girls, anyone having a couple? I'm just gonna grab myself some breakfast (love my 4:30 breakfasts over here) out of Subway, then I'm goin for one or two.

• Advertisement

Well I'm gettin outta here in the 10 minutes so it's either home or the pub and I know which is more appealing.....

Advertisement