Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth Boards Beers?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Well seeing the astounding sucssess (I hate those little red lines, remind me of being in school, anyone spell that?) of the other ozzie boards beers threads I figured I'd throw this one out there. Anyone here in Perth, wanna go get drunk sometime? Showed up here on me tod, about 12 hours ago, everyone said I was mad, I says "nah sure there'll be loads of Irish in me hostel alone probably". When I walked in I thought I'd sly'd my way onto a plane to china by mistake. Ahh well. Any interest in this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm around anyway. You in the city?

Think BraziliaNZ should be in Perth now too but haven't seen him online here in a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Hey! I'm here now it's really nice, this weather is just awesome. But seriously are there any irish people left in ireland? Walking around downtown they are EVERYWHERE. They're the ones dressed like they're in Bondi in the summer! And I thought Melbourne had quite a few. I'm staying at my brother's place in South Perth it's lovely around here though.

Yeah you're much better off out in the suburbs away from all the GAA jerseys *shudder*

You workin yet?

If I ever hear anyone complain about the Polish in Ireland again...
    Not working yet but trying to, chick is trying to get me a job in some mining co doing some IT stuff the money is good. They wanted to send me out to kargoolie for 10 weeks but when they found out i dont have a licence (I'm a retard) they couldn't go ahead with it dammit! Top dollar and flights back here every 2 weeks

Yeah that would've been a cushy number alright. You won't have any hassle gettin sorted with something though.

Must meet up for a pint. There's another lad who PM'd me a while back and he's doin the whole fly-in, fly-out thing but is on his own and wanted to meet up as well. With the OP here that could be 4 of us!

• Advertisement

cool yeah, i'm going to be busy for a bit and am feckin' broke but yeah sounds good

Well sure it doesn't have to be a mad one or anything (can save that for a later date!). I'm around for a pint or two on a Friday after work so if yourself or anyone else fancies it just post here and we'll sort somethin.

cool, it's feckin expensive to drink here though, $9 and stuff for pints!! Mel was so much cheaper. Do you know any good job sites for nerd jobs, all i ever needed was seek in melbourne, but it seems a lot slower here for jobs in that field, much slower.

Hmmmmm seek was always my go-to site. Not sure about any others.

Have you tried the papers? The West Australian on a Wednesday and Saturday I think it is has a great job supplement.

yeah but contracts always go through agencies, maybe it's just quiet right now

• Advertisement

Hmmm yeah those agencies are a pain in the hole. Had a few run ins with one or two myself when I first got here.

some of them are alright, I met one of them yesterday she was nice, but they're only concerned with themselves really and making money

Exactly. I met with one and she was an absolute stunner. Needless to say, my judgement became very clouded and I was suckered in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Yeah I'm just in a hostel, 10 min walk from the city. So thats potentially 4 of us on for tomorrow evening/night sometime? Doesn't have to be anything major, just a couple of beers or whatever. Let us know what ye's think. I'll check back here some time tomorrow morning, see what the plan is. Good old boards to the rescue again. (might be worth asking one of your fellow mods over in AH if its ok to post something up there, cause chances are there are some of us here in perth that wouldn't know theres a Australia/NZ forum. I just clicked into it by accident myself trying to click on the nocturnal forum).

Well I'm around tomorrow from just after 4 or so if anyone fancies a pint. Probably only manage one or two though as I've got plans for the evening.

So whats the deal then, anyone up for a couple of quick pints? Somewhere in the city, like that place on barrack street or wherever. Let us know, by 4:30 if you are.

Yeah I'm around for one or two. Do you know your way around yet?

Yeah sort of, I know all like beaufort st, hay street and barrack street, st georges terrace, all that kinda area, but I can just google map my way wherever I'm goin.

Well I'm pretty central so do you know the train station entrance on Murray Street? Loads of pubs right around there

ahh yeah I think so, with the steps leadin underground?, walked past it a couple of times. Which pub ye thinkin of?

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the one.

Wherever really. There's a couple along Murray Street and then an Irish bar up the road if needs be. Probably the best spot on a Friday after work. I'll be leavin the office in the next few.

Right so, I'll be down around around there in anyway, I'll PM ye my number, just give us a ring when ye get off, and we'll sort something out.

Cool, I'm gonna leave now so I can be there within ten minutes.

sorry lads I was out in cottesloe yesterday and we had some beers there and on the beach with a fire which was pretty cool, next time I hope!

Missed out mate! Had a couple of decdent scoops in Booby Dazzler's on Murray Street. Must do it again soon.

Yeah really decent pints around here, think I'm gonna make that Swan stuff my usual, spent most of the night drinking it and ended up in some ****hole of a club with a big mess of Irish that moved into the hostel yesterday, was going to give ye a buzz to see if you wanted to come but ye said ye had plans, didnt miss much anyway, place was like a ghost town.

Yeah Brazilia, whenever your up for a few just post it up here and we'll sort something out.

so I had an interview with RioTinto yesterday doing some IT stuff for them, apparently I was perfect for the role but they gave to to another less qualified candidate because he was a resident and therefore eligible for extension of contract after the initial 3 months!!! Man there are no jobs in this field here, like 2/3 added a day on seek and most of them are permanent. Might have to go back to Melbourne. What about muppet work? Unskilled lifting boxes out containers and stuff? How do you get this type of work?

Hmmmm well if you want, my missus works for Rio so I can suss out if they have anything else going.

it was actually a contract through an agency, they're considering outsourcing their IT soon so I doubt they're hiring anyone unless it's through peoplebank, the folks who got me an interview there

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    What about muppet work? Unskilled lifting boxes out containers and stuff? How do you get this type of work?

You could head into BLue Collar People just off St Georges Terrace, haven't been in myself, still in holliday mode untill after the weekend, but a couple of people I know have been in and they said they were great, really on the ball, helpful ect, sort you out with something inside a week usually. I have a number here for tele sales aswell if you'd be into it, they're taking people on instantly over the phone if you're really stuck for something.

Advertisement