Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands Airsofters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

We even managed to get that sniper hiding in the ivy on top of the wall!
    air has a video of the closing minutes of the battle. it was intense "milsim rules"

come on guys the date is set for The Reckoning, sign up lets hear ya's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

is there a site in Longford ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paulie69

are people using electirc or gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

whydave wrote: »

There was but it had to close, apparently the fella who ran it is looking for a new site.

• Advertisement

paulie69 wrote: »
    are people using electirc or gas?

If you mean to power an airsoft gun both. Rifles and most submachine guns are electric (but some are gas) and most pistols are gas (but some are electric) :)

Oh and sniper rifles are mostly spring powered (you pull back the bolt) but some are electric too!

check out the new video i have on the team's bebo page
    www.bebo.com/Airsoft-longford i need to go to this place :)

If you mean to power an airsoft gun both. Rifles and most submachine guns are electric (but some are gas) and most pistols are gas (but some are electric :))
    what he said

cool thanks

cool thanks

• Advertisement

paulie69 wrote: »
    cool thanks

No probs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

whydave wrote: »

think there is a sight in the cards major is just waitin to hear back from the powers that be cant wait hope it works out hahahahaha

amaughan wrote: »
    think there is a sight in the cards major is just waitin to hear back from the powers that be cant wait hope it works out hahahahaha

Sound, here's hoping ye don't have the same problems as last time

Sound, here's hoping ye don't have the same problems as last time
    will ya be joining us for a game sometime or even thinking of a membership.i going to get a membership like sure why not

will ya be joining us for a game sometime or even thinking of a membership.i going to get a membership like sure why not

Forgive me for being sceptical but I won't be visiting or joining without first seeing written permission from the land owner (a spoken promise isn't worth a damn) AND the original insurance certificate, showing coillte indemnity on it if you're useing their lands, (photo copies or 'ya I've got insurance' comments also aren't worth anything) so I won't wind up being put in the same position as with the old site(s).

Forgive me for being sceptical but I won't be visiting or joining without first seeing written permission from the land owner (a spoken promise isn't worth a damn) AND the original insurance certificate, showing coillte indemnity on it if you're useing their lands, (photo copies or 'ya I've got insurance' comments also aren't worth anything) so I won't wind up being put in the same position as with the old site(s).

all the relevant details can be viewed at anytime by any airsofter that is a must to set minds at ease as i would expect any other site to do the same.if there is any buildings on this site i will ask the major to put it in a frame to be put on the wall at every game but will be taken down at the end of the day just depends on if there is any buildings and how secure these building would be as i doubt any site would leave important documentation hanging around to be stolen. if i could get that done how would you feel about an oul massacre hahahaha

all the relevant details can be viewed at anytime by any airsofter that is a must to set minds at ease as i would expect any other site to do the same.if there is any buildings on this site i will ask the major to put it in a frame to be put on the wall at every game but will be taken down at the end of the day just depends on if there is any buildings and how secure these building would be as i doubt any site would leave important documentation hanging around to be stolen. if i could get that done how would you feel about an oul massacre hahahaha
    i think you will find any site still in business has the original documents from the start in a frame or not. not much point closing the gate after the horse is gone, any further updates could you keep them to the sack thread.

this was a response to whydave about a midlands site from a midland airsofter there is absolutely nothing wrong from what i can see (mods do tell me if this response was wrong in anyway) in the placing of these comments so dont act so offended.anyway like lemmings sig says dont argue with an idiot.to please stone clod any further questions to sac should be directed to the proper thread thank you regards amaughan

this was a response to whydave about a midlands site from a midland airsofter there is absolutely nothing wrong from what i can see (mods do tell me if this response was wrong in anyway) in the placing of these comments so dont act so offended.anyway like lemmings sig says dont argue with an idiot.to please stone clod any further questions to sac should be directed to the proper thread thank you regards amaughan
    arron i wasnt arguing with u, but u should'nt put yourself down like that, :) also i didnt asked a question about any site i merely made a comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Hold on a sec!! Your the one pimping sac in this thread as you've done all over this forum and others, the problem here is that sac where using land that they did not have insurance on (correct me if I'm wrong) and charged players for the pleasure:mad:. So if these guys a skeptical about any other site you guys are planing to open they have every right to be, after been put in that position in the first place which they should not have been!

Bren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Either cut the crap or the thread will be locked.

Actually no, I'm just after reading this -(Post 53 by kdouglas, about a month and a half ago)
    kdouglas wrote: »
    <mod hat on>

Lads, this thread is for discussion and general contact between midlands airsofters. I dont want to see any more rubbish posted about skirmishing on Coillte land, if you wish to do that, post a seperate thread, but I dont want to see any unfounded accusations either.

Thread locked. I may reopen it when you've all had time to actually think about what kdouglas said in that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Right, I've just read through all 28 pages of this thread and know what's wrong. I am going to reopen it, but these rules will have to be followed. If not, I'll lock it again.

1. THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM, NOT MSN. If you want chit chat, take it to the appropriate place. - The off topic thread, IRC, MSN, YAHOO MESSENGER, ICQ even PM.

2. ON TOPIC POSTING. If you have a nice new AEG and want to show it off, post it in the pictures thread. If you want to discuss a certain site/retailer/trip planned, post about it in the appropriate thread.

This is not a free for all thread for midlands airsofters. It's here for the discussing OF midlands airsofting. End of.

3. NO MEANINGLESS POSTS. They will be deleted. If you keep wasting my time by making me delete lots of posts, I will ban you for a week.

4. NO BACKSEAT MODERATING. 'Back on topic lads' is backseat moderating. Telling ANY other poster what they can or can not post is back seat moderating. PRESS THE REPORT POST BUTTON.

5. No accusations about ANY airsoft site. If you feel there is something not right about a site, keep it to pm. Even pm a moderator and we'll see what we can do in relation to it being discussed here.
    Do not plaster it all over this thread. Not only are you leaving boards.ie libel, but you're making us all look bad.

6. No 'pimping' of sites. Again, DISCUSSION FORUM. Not free advertising.

I'm going to reopen it now. But I'll be keeping a very close eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Myself and 1/2 lads here are dying for a game and were planning to take a trip down to LD. Hopefully we'll be able to do that soon enough :(
    Are there many teams now in the midlands? Much contact yet from south midlands or other areas (bar the Athlone lads)?

Myself and 1/2 lads here are dying for a game and were planning to take a trip down to LD. Hopefully we'll be able to do that soon enough :(
    Are there many teams now in the midlands? Much contact yet from south midlands or other areas (bar the Athlone lads)?
    i know how ya feel man hope its open soon i going to crack its been weeks

there are two so far as far as i know the maquis and shadow company i have a lot of new guys wanting to start airsoft might get them to start there own team

I think lack of sites is a problem in the midlands, or the difficulty getting to them. having said that there doesnt seem to be that many midlanders interested in joining teams. maybe that will change as airsoft grows in ireland hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Greetings to one and all!
    I'm one of the gang bundled in the Athlone thread that hasn't signed up yet, it's not that I'm not going to join but am having one or two teething probs in getting started, am prob the same as a lot of people at the moment in that I'm waiting on bits and bobs of gear to filter through and the lack of a site reletively locally is a factor too!
    Hope to see ye soon!:)

tudenham10 wrote: »
    I'm one of the gang bundled in the Athlone thread that hasn't signed up yet, it's not that I'm not going to join but am having one or two teething probs in getting started, am prob the same as a lot of people at the moment in that I'm waiting on bits and bobs of gear to filter through and the lack of a site reletively locally is a factor too!
    Is G-TAC near you, it can take a while to get started properly, but once you get started you wont want to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

tudenham10 wrote: »

G-tac is about 1 hour and 25 mins from you!
    Fingal would be about 1 hour and 15 mins from you!
    Just go - it is definately worth the travel!!!

When started there were no sites down south, so I had to travel up to Predator for a skirmish. Which is a round trip of 285 miles from my house!!!!! (Predator is still my favorite site):D

• Advertisement

Rooky1 wrote: »
    G-tac is about 1 hour and 25 mins from you!
    Fingal would be about 1 hour and 15 mins from you!
    Just go - it is definately worth the travel!!!

When started there were no sites down south, so I had to travel up to Predator for a skirmish. Which is a round trip of 285 miles from my house!!!!! (Predator is still my favorite site):D
    Rooky is right you wont look back once you skirmish, its worth the travel

Advertisement