Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭horseplay

i just got a new update for ps3 ,. now it wont read any discs or dvds ,.. can anybody tell me what the hell is going on or who i can contact about this ?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Chefburns wrote: »
    just got the yellow light of death on my original 60GB PS3 any one know of a good and cheap(i.e. not through Sony) way to get it fixed?
    As rampant said this is only a short time fix.Iv down it twice already and i just tried my system and it has it again.Once you do It id recommend getting an external usb fan and have it blowing directly into the intake vent at the front of the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

I cant connect to the psn network right now, anyone else having this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

It's working fine for me. Can you access the internet on your PS3 browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Anyone ever get Error code 80029564 when installing content from the PSN store? Really annoying and I have to delete and re-download. Don't have the bandwidth to be doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get Error code 80029564 when installing content from the PSN store? Really annoying and I have to delete and re-download. Don't have the bandwidth to be doing this.

The download was corrupt is happens in larger games as there is more chance something happens during download(you get a 1 instead of a 0), try disabling spi and firewalls on the router while downloading but put them back after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

I've just put a new game into my machine and it's frozen on the load screen.
    If i just quit the game.

What are the chances of courrupting other save data etc?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

I've just put a new game into my machine and it's frozen on the load screen.
    If i just quit the game.

What are the chances of courrupting other save data etc?

Thanks.

I can't imagine you will corrupt and save data, I've had Bl-Ops freeze on me and have had to reset my console with no adverse effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

F1ngers wrote: »
    I can't imagine you will corrupt and save data, I've had Bl-Ops freeze on me and have had to reset my console with no adverse effects.

Thanks for the reply. I just went ahead and reset without any probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    This link is the best way of finding out what those error codes mean
    Just put in the code and there you have it.
    http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=939

Btw, it's a corrupted download.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Hey all,
    i have a problem with my ps3.
    have it since christmas last year.
    the last few weeks whenever i play a cd in it the sounds goes up and down of its own accord.
    its fine when playing games/dvds and blu ray and even online gaming it only happens with audio cds.
    it happens with both bought cds and home-recorded ones.
    can anyone help me please?
    thanks
    Auntyweeze :)

auntyweeze wrote: »
    Hey all,
    i have a problem with my ps3.
    have it since christmas last year.
    the last few weeks whenever i play a cd in it the sounds goes up and down of its own accord.
    its fine when playing games/dvds and blu ray and even online gaming it only happens with audio cds.
    it happens with both bought cds and home-recorded ones.
    can anyone help me please?
    thanks
    Auntyweeze :)

I assume their is a fault with the CD lens or drive section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

F1ngers wrote: »
    I assume their is a fault with the CD lens or drive section.

would i have to send it back to sony?
    or could i get it fixed somewhere do you know

auntyweeze wrote: »
    would i have to send it back to sony?
    or could i get it fixed somewhere do you know

You could get it repaired, but tbh it would be cheaper to buy a CD player...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

My PS3 is having "blackouts" every now and again. Will just cut out for 5-10 seconds. Sound, picture, everything...then it comes back. Only happened recently. Anyone know what this could be?
    Really annoying when playing online... worried could be something worse if i leave it unchecked too...

Wilson91 wrote: »
    My PS3 is having "blackouts" every now and again. Will just cut out for 5-10 seconds. Sound, picture, everything...then it comes back. Only happened recently. Anyone know what this could be?
    Really annoying when playing online... worried could be something worse if i leave it unchecked too...

That happens to mine never for 5-10 seconds maybe up to 1 second(like changing channel) but it hasn't happened recently i think it last happened for me on gt5 a week or 2 ago.

It's a definitely a handshaking issue, so a new HDMI cable would do it in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Lads this sound like a problem with either scart cable or hdmi cable if your using one.Have you tried changing one for the other or trying a different one of what your all ready using.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

hopefully it is the scart cable acting up. I messed around wit it when this first happened and no joy, just waited, was about to restart actually, and it happened.
    Thanks though, hopefully it is just a dodgey cable and nothing more serious, i have a spare one. Gonna start using that and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

PS3 is acting up, its an 80gb non BC and games are freezing left and right. Have formatted the hdd,replaced thermal compound, did reflow all amounting to nothing. Will freeze at web browser going into youtube and demons souls freezes all the time. It hasn't YLOD before but way more annoying since at least ylod is fixable. Anyone exp this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I have a 160GB Slim model, about five months old, and I have a problem with its startup.

Most of the time when I turn it on, it begins a fan test. Sometimes it is only for two seconds and the Playstation will stay on. Sometimes it can run for as long as twenty and the Playstation will turn itself off.

Also, if it decides to stay on, it takes up to a minute for the startup screen to occur. After a minute, it shuts itself off again.

It happens either by turning it on through the controller or by the power button. I plug it out after I'm finished playing, and I do shut it down properly. It is also well ventilated.

So is there any reason why the fan test occurs? Any help appreciated. :)

• Advertisement

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    I have a 160GB Slim model, about five months old, and I have a problem with its startup.

Most of the time when I turn it on, it begins a fan test. Sometimes it is only for two seconds and the Playstation will stay on. Sometimes it can run for as long as twenty and the Playstation will turn itself off.

Also, if it decides to stay on, it takes up to a minute for the startup screen to occur. After a minute, it shuts itself off again.

It happens either by turning it on through the controller or by the power button. I plug it out after I'm finished playing, and I do shut it down properly. It is also well ventilated.

So is there any reason why the fan test occurs? Any help appreciated. :)

I will assume you have it in a well ventilated and dust free area - bring it back to shop and get a new console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Hatton123

Hey,

Looking for some help if possible. I am trying to play online but its telling me that my network signal is weak and keeps cutting off whilst in the middle of playing. I have restored the system to their default settings and set up the network again. I thought this would've solved it, but still have the same problem.

When I do the internet connection test I get the following results:

Obtain IP address: Succeeded

Internet Connection: Succeeded

Playstation Network: Succeeded

UPnP: Available

NAT Type: Type 2

Connection Speed (Download*): This originally fails but after a while the result is 29.0 kbps

Connection Speed (Upload*): This originally fails but after a while the result is 334.0 kbps

Then I get the error 'A connection error has occurred. (80029020)'

I was speaking to my ISP today and they said that there is no problem with my broadband line or anything like that.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,:)

Hatton123 wrote: »
    Connection Speed (Download*): This originally fails but after a while the result is 29.0 kbps
    Connection Speed (Upload*): This originally fails but after a while the result is 334.0 kbps
    Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,:)

I don't know who your supplier is, but with those numbers, you won't be able to do any online gaming.

From yahooing the error code 80029020, it seems to be an IP issue.
    Who is your ISP?

Hello, my ISP provider is Eircom. Thank you for replying to my thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Then I get the error 'A connection error has occurred. (80029020)'

I was speaking to my ISP today and they said that there is no problem with my broadband line or anything like that.

Are you on a fixed line connection or mobile, those figures look like mobile broadband which is useless for online gaming as it is too unstable, and constantly resetting and reconecting. If you are paying for fixed line broadband you should be getting at least 1mb consistantly, which is pretty much the minimum for gaming online

Slick50 wrote: »
    Are you on a fixed line connection or mobile, those figures look like mobile broadband which is useless for online gaming as it is too unstable, and constantly resetting and reconecting. If you are paying for fixed line broadband you should be getting at least 1mb consistantly, which is pretty much the minimum for gaming online

Thanks for your reply. Believe it or not, its a fixed line connection! Looking at my routers homepage, the speed is 160/512 (kbps).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tomcc

Hi, i recently created a playstation network account in order to enter a competition. The only problem is that i cannot sign into this account at https://secure.eu.playstation.com/sign-in/ .When i enter my details the page just reloads without any error messages. anyone have this problem or know how to fix it??:(:(

Thanks for your reply. Believe it or not, its a fixed line connection! Looking at my routers homepage, the speed is 160/512 (kbps).

I don't know all the different combinations of speeds on each package but those numbers can't be what you meant to be getting, what SNR and Attenuation are on the line stats.

What speed are you paying for, it should say somewhere on your bill ie. up 1Mb or the like.

Varik wrote: »
    I don't know all the different combinations of speeds on each package but those numbers can't be what you meant to be getting, what SNR and Attenuation are on the line stats.

What speed are you paying for, it should say somewhere on your bill ie. up 1Mb or the like.

Thanks for your reply. I am paying for

Next Generation Broadband Basic
    Up to 8Mb Maximum speeds: Download 8,192kbps Upload 512kbps
    (taken from their website)

And the SNR and Attentuation are:

Max Allowed Speed (kbps): Downstream=160 Upstream=512

SN Margin (db): Downstream=4.00 Upstream=9.50

Line Attentuation (db): Downstream=34.00 Upstream=19.50

CRC Errors: Downstream=2651 Upstream=14

I had an Eircom technician call out to me today, and he said that he couldn't pick up a signal, but the signal strength on my laptop is 100% and I can use the internet on my laptop, but its slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

I had an Eircom technician call out to me today, and he said that he couldn't pick up a signal, but the signal strength on my laptop is 100% and I can use the internet on my laptop, but its slow.

That was very good of him, did he give any indication as to how he'll improve your broadband. Getting a third of a mb while paying for 8mb is beyond a joke. I would be cancelling my subscription if they couldn't improve the service they provide.

Advertisement