Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you're coming to UCD....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bebeebutterfly

An elite group of female engineering students!
    yeah! we'll call it Womeng, See what I did there?
    UCD_Econ wrote: »
    You're all so eager it's actually quite cute. I give you all two weeks before the novelty wears off and you become cynical & hate filled.

haha, I can't wait!

So are the engineers also free for our meeting at 1 pm on Tuesday at the giant egg near the Vet buildings?

I might just be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Hello again,

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find an answer.. What exactly do I have to do tomorrow when I go to UCD?? Can I head straight to the accommodation and check in, or is there some sort of registration I have to do first?? I've paid my fees and filled in my details, but (like everyone else) the thing shows that the survey and all that haven't been completed (even though they have)..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Roxy.Randrome

Womeng I like that. It'll totally catch on lol! We'll have to recruit the other female engineers though and develop special powers ( you know to be elite and all that). But I'm sure we'll figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Mmm, I'm only doing five modules this year so I think I'll take it nice and easy.:p

• Advertisement

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Mmm, I'm only doing five modules this year so I think I'll take it nice and easy.:p

I'm doing 7 but despite that I still have fridays off!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've got Fridays off too, but I'm in at 9am for 1 lecture on both Monday and Wednesday. Timetable fail.

cool, im in from 9 to 11 then ive a 2hour break and 3more lectures straight after on monday and wed.
    then ive to stay in till 8 on tuesday, but at leas it's for a good'un, arabic!

Arabic sounds kinda cool, but all I can say in it is Salaam Alaykum. Kinda realising lately how much I miss studying languages (even though I was awful at Irish and French in school!), I loved the 3 semesters of Japanese I took. I'd love it if I could get a 4th year project which had something to do with computational linguistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I'm doing 7 but despite that I still have fridays off!

Just to clarify thats five in the entire year, so three this semester than two next semester.

Is everyone here going into first engineering, seems like a good lot of boardsies

• Advertisement

I don't actually think there's that many going into 1st Engineering, I'm certainly not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

im going in thursday (arts omnibus n-z)!!! whooo go lower alphabet arts first years.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i was originally a thursday guy (n-z) but all my friends are going in tomorrow so im thinking bout just going in with them and skipping out on thursday. just dont wanna be alone on the first main day :D

anyone here going to the BBQ tomorrow night??

btw Rainbow Kirby i love the sig.the inclusion of hammerfall makes you a hero in my eyes :D

Blind Guardian are better tbh :)

Blind Guardian are better tbh :)

tbh im not a huge fan of the metal.i just love hammerfall for some strange reason.probably cause they're one of the best live bands ive ever seen :D

i caught a special hammerfall plec at their gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

If anyone is going to be in college tomorrow, I will be about, should you see me and recognise me, feel free to come over and say hi. There's a photo of me in the Knwo your UCDians thread (which would be a good way for you all to find each other - put a photo there.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I've finished module registration this morning so that's done and dusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Geo08

So anyone who was in today what was it like, much to see, do?

Im in from 2mor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Geo08 wrote: »
    So anyone who was in today what was it like, much to see, do?

Im in from 2mor

Me too

im in tomorrow morning too.dont know how im gonna cope getting up giving im going on the absolute piss tonight :D

• Advertisement

kev_s88 wrote: »
    im in tomorrow morning too.dont know how im gonna cope getting up giving im going on the absolute piss tonight :D

i'm going drinking all next week...bring on the vengaboys :D

i'm going drinking all next week...bring on the vengaboys :D

haha yeah that could be an interesting one.

think the Wailers are playing at the start of october.should be good :D

anyone here going to the fresher's ball?

kev_s88 wrote: »
    haha yeah that could be an interesting one.

think the Wailers are playing at the start of october.should be good :D

anyone here going to the fresher's ball?

Definitely if I can get tickets. Should be a laugh and a chance to meet a whole load of new people :)

Definitely if I can get tickets. Should be a laugh and a chance to meet a whole load of new people :)

me too.just hope i can get tickets tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DOONEE

no accommodation .....:(:mad:

Hi, I'm doing Biomedical health and life science in UCD (DN037)
    Just thought i'd ask is there a reason why UCD Is only taking 15 students for this course? (not that theres anything wrong with it,just wondering.....)

what do I do when theres time conflicts with/between my modules
    I ''checked for other offerings'' but that red writing wont go away on the ''students web'' (on the welcome page)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 testybits

DOONEE wrote: »

I ''checked for other offerings'' but that red writing wont go away on the ''students web'' (on the welcome page)?

Generally if your core Lectures (i.e. those that are preselected for you) are clashing, it will be sorted out and admin will email you with any changes. If they are semester 2 cores, its really nothing to worry about, they generally get it sorted.

If however you have tutorials/labs/practicals clashing, either the school office or programme office will change it for you manually (but only if there is no option to choose an alternative time slot on your calendar). If you're really worried about it though email the student desk.

re your 1st question...no idea who decides on course numbers:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i can't choose my modules :(
    I'm doing a politics Masters, i can get as far as registering the 90 credits, then it says warning: 6 out of 7 mandatory options chosen
    but a- i can't choose any more, theres no option to.
    and b- i tried and it says maximum hours exceeded.

you're supposed to choose 30 credits (3classes) in the first and second semester, then theres the research design class and thesis which takes it up to 90. so frustrating!!

halp please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Does anyone know if there are drinking water fountains in the arts block? Couldn't find any today and was forced to buy some :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

DOONEE wrote: »
    no accommodation .....:(:mad:

Hi, I'm doing Biomedical health and life science in UCD (DN037)
    Just thought i'd ask is there a reason why UCD Is only taking 15 students for this course? (not that theres anything wrong with it,just wondering.....)

Hey, Im doing that course too :D.
    And yes, I have that lovely red writing too...I rang the programme officer yesterday and she said that they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. So don't worry about it, theres not a whole lot we can do ourselves :P

Did you attend any of the orientation events for Biomedical, Health & Life Sciences today? I couldn't go because I was at a grad last night but I'm heading to Dublin bright and early tomorrow morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Does anyone know if there are drinking water fountains in the arts block? Couldn't find any today and was forced to buy some :(

there used to be one outside the ladies just beside the photocopiers?

Advertisement