Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargains in Donegal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭firemansam4

pbarr wrote: »
    This is not really a bargain in Donegal more a bargain for Donegal people or at least a chance to save a few bob. If you shop in Asda which a lot of us do and spend £40 or more then go here: http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/ put in your receipt details that they look for, it goes and compares the prices you paid with other stores.
    If an item or items were 10% cheaper in any of the other stores you get the difference back in the form of a voucher that you print and take with you the next time you go shopping. They also give you a voucher for £5 just for using it. the last time there was a difference of £7.50 between my shopping in Asda and the others. Thats £12.50 towards the next shop. The only thing is you have to spend a minimum of €40 each time you shop there.

We went onto that site and tried to get our £5 voucher from the £40 shop we did there last but the problem is it looks for a north postcode and it wont let you enter an invalid post code. So there was no way of claiming the £5 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

We went onto that site and tried to get our £5 voucher from the £40 shop we did there last but the problem is it looks for a north postcode and it wont let you enter an invalid post code. So there was no way of claiming the £5 voucher
    Put in BT82 8EN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

You got there ahead of me Muffler.

muffler wrote: »
    Put in BT82 8EN :)

Yea that one worked fine, thanks guys - just need to go print my voucher now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Yea that one worked fine, thanks guys - just need to go print my voucher now

Just be carefull once you close the page with the voucher on it you can't get it back again. I done it last week :o I even went in though my history and found the voucher page again but it told me voucher expired, and wouldn't let me enter the details of receipt again... all because I wouldn't get off me arse and walk into the next room and turn on the printer :pac:

• Advertisement

Just be carefull once you close the page with the voucher on it you can't get it back again. I done it last week :o I even went in though my history and found the voucher page again but it told me voucher expired, and wouldn't let me enter the details of receipt again... all because I wouldn't get off me arse and walk into the next room and turn on the printer :pac:

I saved a link to the voucher but also did a print screen and saved it on paint, but see the voucher expires quite fast, in just over 2 weeks.

I saved a link to the voucher but also did a print screen and saved it on paint, but see the voucher expires quite fast, in just over 2 weeks.
    I got one of the £5 vouchers on Monday week last and it expires on Nov. 28 I think (might be the 24th??) I had one from a previous trip and when I went to cash it in (October 31) it was out of date by 1 day. :(

So check your dates folks and dont miss out

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Continuing on with the "Bargains for Donegal" theme , I was in the wee Lidl off licence (the one beside Dolans petrol station on the camels hump) today , and bottels of Coates Du Rhone Villages are going for three pound sterling , a lovely wine and at that price not to be missed for the christmas dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What about a 3 bed semi for €21k? Bit of a bargain.

http://donegalnow.com/sp/article_manager/detail/want_as_house_for_21000_euro

NIMAN wrote: »
    What about a 3 bed semi for €21k? Bit of a bargain.

http://donegalnow.com/sp/article_manager/detail/want_as_house_for_21000_euro

I could be wrong but I think that all these houses being sold by Allsop are all being sold at auction and the prices that are quoted are only the reserve price and might actually end up being sold for a lot more than the price stated. They have a few up in that estate for very low reserve prices and I think they will be auctioning them in Dublin. If you look at Daft.ie, it shows that particular house being sold at auction, not quite sure why that article fails to mention this.
    I remember a while back when they had articles about a house in Milford being sold for 25,000 but that was also a reserve price and i think it ended up selling for 39,000.
    Although having said all of this the house prices for some houses in Convoy really have dropped to very low prices, never thought i would ever see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Lidl in Donegal Town closes at 9pm tonight (Thursday) for 2 weeks to finish the refurb and extension. I would imagine there will be a load of Best Before stock to shift. When they close on Christmas eve for a few days they give a load of stuff away at half nothing. Might be worth a visit this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Jaysus. Half the county is in lidl. Mad all together !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,314 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    Jaysus. Half the county is in lidl. Mad all together !

serves you right for mentioning it (mind means i cant get a supply of fresh gherkins for 2 weeks)

Rite Price Tiles in Letterkenny have a sale at the moment and a nice little bonus is "spend €100 and receive a free €20 Dunnes Stores voucher"

Does say while stocks last so Id assume its stock of the vouchers they are referring to. So if any of you are going there to avail of this ask first if the Dunnes store voucher is still free before you part worth your hard earned cash.

24 cans coke going for €8.99 in Dunnes which is a good bargain.

Also 12 cans 7up/diet 7up + 12 bags Walkers crisps for €5...also in Dunnes. I think this offer expires tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

24 cans coke going for €8.99 in Dunnes which is a good bargain.

Also 12 cans 7up/diet 7up + 12 bags Walkers crisps for €5...also in Dunnes. I think this offer expires tomorrow.

Knowing Dunnes It's not just the offer that expires tomorrow the Best before date does too :pac:

Knowing Dunnes It's not just the offer that expires tomorrow the Best before date does too :pac:
    Crisps bbf 30 June and 7up bbf 20 Sept. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Rite Price Tiles in Letterkenny have a sale at the moment and a nice little bonus is "spend €100 and receive a free €20 Dunnes Stores voucher"

Does say while stocks last so Id assume its stock of the vouchers they are referring to. So if any of you are going there to avail of this ask first if the Dunnes store voucher is still free before you part worth your hard earned cash.

And ask what the T&C's are on the voucher, knowing Dunnes there are likely to be some

Anyone using Britta water filter cartridges can pick up a bargain in Argos at the moment. €5.59 for a twin pack of these

110_8406912SPA74UC906747M.jpg

There's only 4 left so dont delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Anyone using Britta water filter cartridges can pick up a bargain in Argos at the moment. €5.59 for a twin pack of these

110_8406912SPA74UC906747M.jpg

There's only 4 left so dont delay.

must call down after work :D

EDIT wait never mind think i have the other one!

• Advertisement

Should have posted this a couple of days ago but anyone who is into PS3's can get a PlayStation3 Controller Dual Charging Station for 5.99 in Argos.

In fact I should say that only one person will get it for that as they only have one left in stock at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Firblog

Given the time of year, thought i'd give one of my local shops (CCS in Donegal) a plug. They have 7" Android tablets with keyboard/cover for €99, for comparison Argos are €129 without keyboard/cover and Harvey Normans are €97 without keyboard/cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭killerbeg

Firblog wrote: »
    Given the time of year, thought i'd give one of my local shops (CCS in Donegal) a plug. They have 7" Android tablets with keyboard/cover for €99, for comparison Argos are €129 without keyboard/cover and Harvey Normans are €97 without keyboard/cover.

Where are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

killerbeg wrote: »
    Where are they?

Donegal Town. Quay Street. Walk down ally beside Donegal Sports, CCS is on the left as you enter the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lovechips

Supervalu in Buncrana have Farcry3 ,Black ops2 and assassins creed3 for xbox and ps3 for €39.99. In the right corner as you come in the door .Mixed along with DVDs . Not well advertised .Got assassins creed half hour ago .Raging because bought Farcry3 last week for €55 in Argos and that was reduced!

wonder do anyother super valu's have the same deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Think it's a nationwide Supervalu deal. Going by the details in the Games bargains thread each store received 10 copies of each game.

Assassins Creed III grabbed @ €39.99 / €54.99 in Smyths...

Thanks lots lovechips.. big thumbs up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lovechips

Buncrana still has farcry for xbox and ps3 about 4 of each, and about 6 black ops . No assassins creed left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

If you know someone who likes FPS games get them FarCry. it is one of the best games i have ever played!

Advertisement