Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargains in Donegal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not so much a bargain, but the cheepest I seen. Unleaded at Keyes Garage In Laghey, 147.9/L on Sunday. All the other filling stations around Donegal Town and as far as Mountcharles upto 151.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Hey..
    Have you seen the Liquidation Sale furniture shop in Stranorlar? Its were Foys and Toymaster used to be.

Great bargains. A lot of the furniture comes from their other shops and littlewoods seems to have a lot of the same items.

Most of the stuff has a scratch or a dent. Ive got so much from it already!

Happy Shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

pennylemon wrote: »
    Hey..
    Have you seen the Liquidation Sale furniture shop in Stranorlar? Its were Foys and Toymaster used to be.

Great bargains. A lot of the furniture comes from their other shops and littlewoods seems to have a lot of the same items.

Most of the stuff has a scratch or a dent. Ive got so much from it already!

Happy Shopping!

Good to know, have just moved into a semi furnished apartment so off to Stranorlar tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was looking to buy a large axe/maul for splitting logs. I had a look in Homebase, Letterkenny and they had one suitable however it was €49.99 and IMO way too much for an axe so i took a spin out to the Creamery (Letterkenny) and they have an almost identical (in design/weight) as the one in Homebase for €27.50. I wouldnt be suprised if they were both made in the same factory. The one in the Creamery comes with a leather(ette) cover for the head, the one in home base didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Doubt this is just in Letterkenny but Lifestyle Sports have it for €49, it's €65 in anyother shop I've been in, decent saving! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Hitachi grinder 39 euro in clonleigh co-op, its 50 euro in other places

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Braun shaver gift set for €14.99. Only 2 of these left in Argos, Letterkenny so get your skates on or reserve online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Not really Donegal spacific, but good oul Aldi have lots of offers on cycling gear starting Sunday, winter gear ler warmers / jackets / overshoes ect, and for a good bit cheaper than what I've priced around the local cycle shops. Quality prob won't be top class but i'm sure they will do the job, they'll do me anyways ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Pounds & Pence Store on Letterkenny Main St (across from Gamestop) are selling all their stock at the moment half price.. some great bargains there!
    I just bought a universal laptop charger €24:99 down to €12:50!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

muffler wrote: »
    Braun shaver gift set for €14.99. Only 2 of these left in Argos, Letterkenny so get your skates on or reserve online

Thanks Mufler. I bought one of these after reading your post ...... it pulled half the face of me.:o Ah well, you win some you lose some!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Pounds & Pence Store on Letterkenny Main St (across from Gamestop) are selling all their stock at the moment half price.. some great bargains there!
    I just bought a universal laptop charger €24:99 down to €12:50!
    You trust a €4-500 laptop with a €12.50 charger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Pique wrote: »
    You trust a €4-500 laptop with a €12.50 charger?
    Considering they're normally 25, and electricity is electricity, I would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irlpic wrote: »
    Ah well, you win some you lose some!
    That's just a face saving statement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Flibbles wrote: »
    Considering they're normally 25, and electricity is electricity, I would too.

I bought a phone charger off eBay from China for a few pence, plugged it into my car lighter socket and it shorted it out. Hasn't worked since.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I bought a phone charger off eBay from China for a few pence, plugged it into my car lighter socket and it shorted it out. Hasn't worked since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09eP8xjsrco

.... and maybe thats where the half price ones available in this case come from.

Doubt it, since it was 25 to start with.

I'd say most powerpacks/chargers are made in the Far East somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

my laptop has a smashed screen ( see my other thread from last week) keyboard ripped out.. & the battery is dead so its on its last legs anyway!! & i have been using cheap chargers i bought off ebay...- total nightmare, pure death traps.. but this one i got from pound & pence is actually very well made & sturdy id say it will have a good shelf life! & its not as if it was the only thing on discount.. the whole shop is at half price!

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    my laptop has a smashed screen ( see my other thread from last week) keyboard ripped out.. & the battery is dead so its on its last legs anyway!! & i have been using cheap chargers i bought off ebay...- total nightmare, pure death traps.. but this one i got from pound & pence is actually very well made & sturdy id say it will have a good shelf life! & its not as if it was the only thing on discount.. the whole shop is at half price!

to be fair property prices have fallen by about 50%.

• Advertisement

Let it go!!! The thread is for Bargain notifications, not discussing if the bargins are worth it or not. No more please!

Let it go!!! The thread is for Bargain notifications, not discussing if the bargins are worth it or not. No more please!

I don't want to be cheeky, but I think you missed the joke there :p

Flibbles wrote: »
    I don't want to be cheeky, but I think you missed the joke there :p

Oh yeah see that now, it wasn't directed at one person though, I've removed the quote so nobody get confused. Same still applys the amount of bitching over the last page or so Unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Got page dividers yesterday in Tesco, they were pink on one of the ends of the aisles/.. 7c. Can't go wrong. Mammy bought 7 packets for next september!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

In my endless search for the perfect curry sauce I finally think I've found the cheapeast and best option. Happened into that Asian food store behind Shapla restaurant on the port road to buy a big bag of rice and the guy in there told me the best way to make curry sauce was to use "Curry Paste" . One teaspoon in a couple of mugs of water makes a lovely mild sauce , tastes very much like the real thing too .

Is that shop cheap enough for brown rice?

tatabubbly wrote: »

Oh I'm afraid you've got me now , I only went in on a reccomend from a friend to buy a big bag of ordinary white rice for my son who is in Galway at university. I wasent looking around at the other stuff on sale sorry. I'll be near the shop again on thursday or friday and will check how much the brown rice is.

tatabubbly wrote: »
    10kg bag of Brown rice €11.
    25kg bags of white rice ,(varies according to brand) , from €25 to €30 .

Thanks very much puffdragon.. that is fab fab value considering the price in the main shops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

This is not really a bargain in Donegal more a bargain for Donegal people or at least a chance to save a few bob. If you shop in Asda which a lot of us do and spend £40 or more then go here: http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/ put in your receipt details that they look for, it goes and compares the prices you paid with other stores.
    If an item or items were 10% cheaper in any of the other stores you get the difference back in the form of a voucher that you print and take with you the next time you go shopping. They also give you a voucher for £5 just for using it. the last time there was a difference of £7.50 between my shopping in Asda and the others. Thats £12.50 towards the next shop. The only thing is you have to spend a minimum of €40 each time you shop there.

Advertisement