Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you kissed a girl?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

So, seeing as a couple of the guys are reading this..

Would you or have you kissed a guy??
    No, but I had my arse fondled by a gay-friend en-passent at a bar.

It felt wrong, mainly for the fact that I'm used to weak-girl hands fondling it. To be roughly accosted by a 6'2 male shovel-hand felt wrong, oh-so-wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

No and no.

I don't really see why you'd bother tbh! Where's the fun in stubble and no boobs? I know other straight guys who've done it and it just seems kind of pointless to me.

edit: I think maybe kissing holds a different significance for guys... namely, as a precursor to sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So, seeing as a couple of the guys are reading this..

Nope, never even felt the slightest bit curious to be honest (hence why I find it so weird that kissing another girl nearly seems to be a right of passage for females, 'tis baffling IMO), have wondered why gays would but as long as I never have one try kiss me I can live with not understanding it.
    Zaph wrote: »
    I also think that most men would have difficulty identifying other men as being attractive or unattractive, or at least admitting so in public. To most of us guys are just guys, neither good looking or ugly, but lets face it, we're generally not as good looking as women, and therefore the appeal of kissing someone you don't consider to be all that good looking isn't huge. Girls, on the other hand, are much more at ease about saying whether another girl is good looking or not. This thread is teatament to that, a good few replies have made references to the poster finding the other woman hot. Guys just don't think in those terms when referring to their own gender.
    We've evolved to size up our competition in the mating game differently, women it's all about perceived attractiveness and position in the pecking order of the community, men it's about physical attributes and skill as a provider as well as position in the pecking order (alpha male, which is based off confidence and intimidating the other males even through bravado or genuine physical abilities).
    Up until women started earning their own salaries personal physical attractiveness was a small point of contention for men, now it is, as such it'll take time for us to figure out what it is that makes a guy attractive as a mate to women, especially since in some ways women are still attracted to the strong hunter type or the more modern provider (IT techies). The men in uniform thing could also be connected to a mental connection with the man being a provider figure.

Then there's also the aspect of how the two genders actually define attractive, men seek attributes in the females that would promote the birth of a healthy baby and it's aftercare:
    hips and waist & skin/hair condition -> gestation and childbirth
    boobs, legs and bum -> fat reserves to feed the baby once born, without being obvious indications of a slow metabolism (i.e. may not produce offspring suited to the physical exertions of hunting).
    I'll leave it to the ladies to hammer out what exactly makes a male attractive in the physical sense, but clearly any man who ticked the boxes a straight male sizes up females by would be rather an anomoly. How many guys do you know with good breasts/legs/bum and a good hip:waist ratio and good skin?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I've kissed most of my girlfriends on drunken nights out and have kissed a few random girls at clubs and whatever... No big deal! Strangely enough though since I started seeing the boyfriend, thats more or less stopped... even when I suggested a threesome! (In his head, a threesome wouldnt have the same thrill if the women were possibly more into each other than him)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

even when I suggested a threesome! (In his head, a threesome wouldnt have the same thrill if the women were possibly more into each other than him)
    lol
    Then you two could pull out the jumbo sized dildos to make him really feel inadequate and un-needed, worse still suggest he let you use one on him.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

To be roughly accosted by a 6'2 male shovel-hand felt wrong, oh-so-wrong.

But at the same time oh-so-right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LOL ^ I was kinda thinking the same! :D

I've never kissed a girl - I'd only be doing it for the sake of it, not cuz of physical attraction. I think it can be very attention-seeking and cockteasing, however I'd never underestimate the power of alcohol either... :)

I think it can be very hot when two guys are together (Brokeback Mountain, Priest - hubba hubba!!! :D), I suppose the way a hetero guy finds it hot when two women are together.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Argh I hate girls kissing each other to turn men on, its so trampy!!

If you are gay, more power to ya tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Dudess wrote: »
    LOL ^ I was kinda thinking the same! :D

I've never kissed a girl - I'd only be doing it for the sake of it, not cuz of physical attraction. I think it can be very attention-seeking and cockteasing, however I'd never underestimate the power of alcohol either... :)

I think it can be very hot when two guys are together (Brokeback Mountain, Priest - hubba hubba!!! :D), I suppose the way a hetero guy finds it hot when two women are together.

That classic scene with Aidan Gillen and Charlie Hummel(think thats his name) in Queer as Folk !! Pretty good stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I haven't ever kissed a girl, but lately have been thinking about what it's like. I see girls day to day who I think are really hot and would love to maybe see how it feels to be with them. Think I am way more into guys really though. the female anatomy although beautiful would probably not be as sexually fulfilling for me;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Yes:o!
    Used to do it with this friend of mine, back in the days. We both had boyfriends at the time who hated it (for some reason... jealousy???)

Every time we had a few drinks we just locked every now and again:P It was one of the local bars, everyone knew us and yes it was for c*ck teasin purposes, sadly our lads never enjoyed it. But we tried, oh we tried..

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Kissing girls rocks and was actually far different at first than I expected to kissing guys, much much softer and tender. Soft cheeks, perfumed hair etc….Still love a good tongue lashing and grind with a red-blooded male though.

:P :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

Yes, I have kissed a girl before and I think girls kiss better than boys. At least the boys I have been with. I am sure there are guys out there who know how to kiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yes:o!
    Used to do it with this friend of mine, back in the days. We both had boyfriends at the time who hated it (for some reason... jealousy???)
    Would you have liked it if your boyfriend started kissing a different girl to you?
    Every time we had a few drinks we just locked every now and again:P It was one of the local bars, everyone knew us and yes it was for c*ck teasin purposes, sadly our lads never enjoyed it. But we tried, oh we tried..

Little tip, cock teasing isn't fun and gets boring very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Havent yet but wouldnt rule it out! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

No, haven't and don't really think it would be my bag. Although was out with a gang of lesbians at the weekend (one of my best mates is gay) and they all wanted me to be an honorary one for the nite! I managed to resist the peer pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Yep when I was a teenager, would i do it now.......nope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I kissed my friend for a dare when we were around 16, it lasted less than 5 seconds and was a bit awkward tbh. I had just started my first job and one of the guys who was there when it happened worked in the same place and told everyone. I tried denying it, but I'm sure no one believed me, it seemed like such a big deal at the time, now I couldn't care less. I still wouldn't bring it up with my friend though.

As for ever wanting to kiss a girl, I've never really had the urge. I do look at girls and think they're hot, way more than I do with guys, but I think that's because you see lots of gorgeous girls around but I can't remember when I last seen a guy that I'd be remotely interested in even if I was single.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

.. I havn't dont it.. nor would i rule it out but a friend of mine was with a girl and she said it was the most sensual thing she ever experienced.. she even went back for more(if you know what i mean!!).. she said it was excellent but she still craved a mans.. (how do i put this??).. manhood!!!..

That was a few years ago now and she's back to men...

I don't think i could ever go through with it though.. there would have to be a couple bottles of wine involved and a complete stranger!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I kissed my friend in a club years ago, just for the craic, she told me I was a great kisser :D Go me..

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I never have, I don't have anything against it but I'm just not sure it would be my kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

A peck on the lips when I was 16, because we thought it was cool.
    But that's it. It's not how I roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Poloman

So you suggested a threesome with your bf and he said no? He should have at least tried it once! I highly recommend it! Thr thoughts of it ever happening seem better then when it does happen though. But its class :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

yeah kissed/snogged a girl while i was in college, whole thing was fairly awkward, we were in a pub loo and decided we just had to try it. Married now but other than that wouldn't rule it out that I kiss another girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

I remember kissing 3 girls on the one night when i was over in Edinburgh, i was about 20 at the time. only 4years ago. twas erotic at the time. i remember that their lips were very soft and the kiss very tender. but since that time, i've been with lads only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I haven't yet, but I'm curious...;) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Yes, I've kissed a girl. Multiple girls in fact. For me, it doesn't mean anything and it's just for show for the guys or to just be silly. This one girl had the softest lips in the entire world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Acacia wrote: »
    I haven't yet, but I'm curious...;) :p

Ladies who want to kiss girls but are freaked out I have the solution! I have long hair, somewhat pretty features, full lips and have been confused for a lesbian at night-kiss me and you are getting a better kiss than you could hope for from a woman, while still appearing to be one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Ladies who want to kiss girls but are freaked out I have the solution! I have long hair, somewhat pretty features, full lips and have been confused for a lesbian at night-kiss me and you are getting a better kiss than you could hope for from a woman, while still appearing to be one!!

kiss me now Lips_005.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Poloman wrote: »
    So you suggested a threesome with your bf and he said no? He should have at least tried it once! I highly recommend it! Thr thoughts of it ever happening seem better then when it does happen though. But its class :pac::pac::pac:

Contrary to public opinion, us guys aren't walking hard-ons who would just jump into something like that.

I was going out with a girl in a long-term relationship and she asked me to have a 3some with a girl we were out partying with that night.

I said no. Would be too much of a head-**** being intimate with someone else with my girlfriend.

If I was single I'd like to think I'd give it a go but there's no guarantee.

Advertisement