Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

big shout out to everyone heading over to sweden,safe journey and have a great few days,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Echo Diceman......good luck lads, wish I didnt have to bail. As its grown closer and closer over the past few weeks, I've grown sicker and sicker I cant make it. Best of luck over there.

Doc....just do it. Go down in history - the worst they can do is shoot you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Enjoy it you luck sons of b1tches. Do us proud and say hello to the pretty Swedish women for me.

@DOC: as Shiva said - Just do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

same,
    Play with honour and do the Irish contingent proud,
    ya durty gang of paddys! hooo yaaa!

Doc ya havent payed for the ticket yet, and me missus is off on holidays so i have nothing to do for a week.....should i counter bail?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Shiva wrote: »

Doc....just do it. Go down in history - the worst they can do is shoot you :)

Yeah Doc do it .....do it ,sure there aint aint anything for you to come
    back to anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Masada wrote: »
    .... so i have nothing to do for a week.

*cough, cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

horgan_p: the place I was planning getting MREs in Stockholm is out of stock, they have a shipment on the way but due to customs delays, they may or may not have them in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think I'm going to have to do it ;)

Who was the oddball in the airport about an hour ago with gun case wearing acu? very odd lookiing, walking into the departures like a merc.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

if anyone turns up to the airsoft in camo you deserve to be disowned by the people traveling with you :)

anyway good luck to the guys traveling to berget this weekend, have fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Who was the oddball in the airport about an hour ago with gun case wearing acu? very odd lookiing, walking into the departures like a merc.,lol

lol There's always one....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

TheDoc wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to do it ;)

Do what? Man, I knew I should have gone to the beers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Puding wrote: »
    if anyone turns up to the airsoft in camo
    Lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Do what? Man, I knew I should have gone to the beers :-)

Combat Jack is my guess. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Oh dear....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

k, still packing, looking at huge pile of stuff and a slightly smaller bag to put it all into.
    And my p90 just imploded during testing, the new piston lasted about 30 seconds, so much for madbull, luckily i still had my old one which lasted the last berget,
    also bringing the sl9, but will need to get a higher torque motor over there, but never fear, i just finished upgraging my desert eagle so its always there as a backup(just need a drum mag for it)

also bringing tools and spare parts just in case.

Anyhow, i'll see you lot in the airport tommorow and beers in the evening.

So when they say a lockable case for your AEGs, do you need to have an actual lock for it? And lock it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

Lemming wrote: »
    Correct. Camp beds will earn you a slapping on account of the severe lack of space. These are not big angular square tents that you can stand fully upright in (or at least theye weren't last year).

English actually. But they have an entire downstairs section as well you know :p

Which pub are you guys talking about Wirströms or someplace else? I'll happily join you all for a pint or two on Sunday night.

kdouglas wrote: »
    horgan_p: the place I was planning getting MREs in Stockholm is out of stock, they have a shipment on the way but due to customs delays, they may or may not have them in time.

You are better off getting the freeze dried stuff anyway. The garderoben MRE are the civvie repacks and tend to have crappy heaters and sub standard spoons.

So when they say a lockable case for your AEGs, do you need to have an actual lock for it? And lock it?

I would advise you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

kjsaw wrote: »
    Which pub are you guys talking about Wirströms or someplace else? I'll happily join you all for a pint or two on Sunday night.

Yup Kris :)

Thats almost my "local" You know how to get in touch with me now. I expect a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Yes. ICAO regulations.

Any case that has hard sides and either key or combination locks is ok. If it doesn't have it's own locks, you can buy some of those little padlocks they sell at the airport and seal it that way.

The idea is to prevent the contents being used or stolen. It doesn't have to be Fort Knox, (I'm looking at you, James) it just has to be tamper-evident.

You can expect to be asked to lock it up after the contents have been inspected at the "special baggage" area.

BTW, you'll also be asked if you're carrying ammunition. By that they mean live rounds, so the answer is "no, just the little plastic pellets".

So, atmper-proof, or tamper-evident? Would a cable tie through the padlock loops do?

(I have a padlock, but I'm picking up TheDoc and Dar in the morning, and I fully expect both of them to panic and freak out)

So, atmper-proof, or tamper-evident? Would a cable tie through the padlock loops do?

(I have a padlock, but I'm picking up TheDoc and Dar in the morning, and I fully expect both of them to panic and freak out)

Cables ties are better then nothing, however they can cause you a bit of an issue if someone wants to inspect the inside once you have zipped them up (since you are unlikely to have much at hand to open them with)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Dave, I have a spare padlock if you or any of the lads need one.
    Just give the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

OzCam wrote: »
    The idea is to prevent the contents being used or stolen. It doesn't have to be Fort Knox, (I'm looking at you, James) it just has to be tamper-evident.

P*ss off Bernard. Considering what I tend to put in that case, I don't want anyone tampering WITH the contents, never mind showing that the case has been tampered with. Which is a bit like bolting the door of the stable AFTER the horse has left.

Each to their own. It's your money, your stress, your life. Live it. I'll live mine and be quite happy about it

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I have 3 locks. Was gonna put all 3 on ( as there's holes for them all ), but if necessary, 1 will suffice and I'll have 2 locks to loan.

they sell them in the airport lads, saw some of them in there today,. :)

i agree with lemming too, dont skimp on the locks, for all you know there could be some fresh faced snotty kid in a backroom of the bagage stores pissing about with an M60.
    locks are cheap, use em. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

storm case came in 20kg bang on the money, ****ing win :)

Now to try pack thes remaining ****load of stuff, I'm really not arsed lol :)

Advertisement