Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I always have my phone with me no matter where i am., no worries of it getting shot either., :)

otterbox_defender_iphone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Masada wrote: »
    Look whats coming from the bods at Magpul...

4286101119_1d491b1a88_o.jpg

Gerout will be the first to get one if he not got one already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Berkut wrote: »
    just out of curiousity..what kind of idiot takes his iphone to an airsoft game?
    Do they think they're Jessica Biel in Blade 3 or something? Can they not do without a phone for a few hours?
    *grins*

Its not the phone... I have my ipod.... I do use it during cqb, it helps me tune out of audio dependancy and increases visual awareness.... ok thats bulls***, i just dont need to hear the not so sneaky feckers at my local site.

And i always have my phone on me... its just practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'll be quite happy to dump my phones for a few hours for peace and quiet..
    on call 24/7/365 so any chance at all they're gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Berkut wrote: »
    just out of curiousity..what kind of idiot takes his iphone to an airsoft game?
    Do they think they're Jessica Biel in Blade 3 or something? Can they not do without a phone for a few hours?

I use my iTouch to time games and keep map data/objective data on it. It's seriously handy when you are trying to advise players mid-firefight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I use my iTouch to time games and keep map data/objective data on it. It's seriously handy when you are trying to advise players mid-firefight.

hmm..never thought of that..
    maybe someone should one of those combat systems (the eyepiece thingymagiggy) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

moggser wrote: »
    Gerout will be the first to get one if he not got one already

I don't use an iphone any more (<3 Nexus One), but I NEEEEEEED EH

An oldie, but a goodie., I'd love one of these.,

iphone%20gun.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

heart beat sonsor from modern warfare2 :D is it an Iphone or what is it?:confused:

T4RGET wrote: »
    heart beat sonsor from modern warfare2 :D is it an Iphone or what is it?:confused:

lol., not the heartbeat sensor., its actually used for making shot calculations in RS aparently.,

Ive been making up a heartbeat sensor (non functional or course) from an old Miomap savnam that runs windows mobile. its the perfect size and shape., gonna slapp it on the side of my Masada., :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

nice one... dunno how the thing above works though, don't forget the little red dots on the HB sensor :):p
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/other-accessories/t-cube-motion-tracker-unit-dual-pack.html

Just found it a few weeks ago, bit misleading though, but still looks pretty cool:D

Its a shot calculation computer. It allows the shooter to plug in the range, wind, and other factors to calculate elevation and windage for a shot. Modern bloody tech for people that cant do it right if you ask me :P

Gerrout: nexus one? Ah, oh wait, you work for the Empire anyway, nm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

I know the actual product has been mentioned but its up for sale on ehobby

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=MAGPUL+AFG%E2%84%A2+Angled+Fore-Grip&x=24&y=12

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not a bad price, I was expecting closer to the $50 mark, I might just buy one for the lulz...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Not a bad price, I was expecting closer to the $50 mark, I might just buy one for the lulz...

Get out, just go. So uncool man...

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2014&pid=17556

damn, that KMPNR NS2(lol) tmp yokey in ranger grey(?) looks feckin deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Get out, just go. So uncool man...

And then I'm gonna buy a tan 1911...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

Its a shot calculation computer. It allows the shooter to plug in the range, wind, and other factors to calculate elevation and windage for a shot. Modern bloody tech for people that cant do it right if you ask me

isnt there an application for the iphone called bullet flight that does that?

would they work for 6mm bbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

[IMG][/img]1911_mk_ii_ptp_desert_tan.jpg

mayotobo wrote: »
    isnt there an application for the iphone called bullet flight that does that?

would they work for 6mm bbs?
    Not likely. And even if it did, it would be highly impractical due to the changable nature of airsoft weapons.

Our considerations are:

Temperature
    Humidity
    precipitation
    Wind eddies
    Wind direction
    Breaking Wind
    ANY wind.

Nomatter what you do, an airsoft gun will vary.
    Shoot your gun, and get used to how it handles in these conditions, and save yourself a lot of money and hastle. You also dont have the TIME in sunday skirmishs for this.

If the two of us sat 80m apart, I would hit you before you'd even opened the App... If you know how it performs, you can automatically ajust and hit your target. This is experience. learn to love it. Because it trumps technology in nearly any contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

gungun wrote: »
    damn, that KMPNR NS2(lol) tmp yokey in ranger grey(?) looks feckin deadly

I'm sure they meant Ranger Green, in fact they did call it that at the top of the page. Not widely used by the US military, but seems to sell to civilians. Examples here and here.

"This is America. We don't have a standard, we have dozens of standards. It's the American Way."

its ACU grey no matter what you call it

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Gatling wrote: »
    its FAIL grey no matter what you call it

Fixed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

it still looks really good on it though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

"UCP’s colours are officially Desert Sand, Urban Gray and Foliage Green."

So now we know what the proper names are. It's still the anti-camo though :)

Tell me im not the only person to see this... and go "No... God, they didn't....

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aluminum-rail-p-2739.html Wii aluminium Rail set...

pts%20moe%20rail%20pcs.jpg

This looks nice., might have to get one of these.,
    http://www.px-airsoft.com/index.do
    4289407942_c1c28e3a2e_o.jpg

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Fixed. :D

its no fail i use issue ACU in Drogheda and it works quite well :)

KA M79 at 58sec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

SHOTSHOW gallery over at airsoftCanada well worth a look

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=50769

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

prowin m4 gbbr magazines now available on ehobby, no sign of the shorter VN style ones yet...

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/rifle-smg-magazine/prowin-50rd-magazine-for-wa-m4-gbb-series.html

Advertisement