Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

edit: obviously not an issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Jeez lads, he's a ballistics gel movie prop...

God forbid there should be some "offensive looking" material in an airsoft forum., ;)

Masada wrote: »
    Jeez lads, he's a ballistics gel movie prop...

God forbid there should be some "offensive looking" material in an airsoft forum., ;)

i would agree it is only a move prop, but this is also an open forum will all ages so i thought i would mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

While 'studying' web degisn yesterday, i ended up watched all the Rambo Movies, and all i can say is, i want that, and a Burma themed game, where it's just me, a .50 anti airctaft gun, and 300 people running up a hill with springers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Puding wrote: »
    i would agree it is only a move prop, but this is also an open forum will all ages so i thought i would mention it

Its been posted before along with the clip from the film when it came out. Relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its cool, you can see Rambo firing the new " Bolognazy in your facey" stationary machine gun from the Italian army.

Before that scene, he put that gentleman to sleep through hugs and kisses, and what you see on him now is simple sauce discharge from the rifle.

Its all good ;)

*On a more "boardsie charter note*
    There is no age consensus to any forum on boards apart from the ones that require subscription. And in no charter does it state that posted material should conform to certain ages or be vary of any under agers ( granted this should be taking within some common sense).

I dont like this sort of " what about the children" comments, and I'm not having a go Puding, but its something that you see in alot of forums, forums that contain in part some adult content. You could argue in one corner how the mere glorification of RIFs ( which we do) is morally irresponsible should children see it.

I'd simply report the post and let mods deal with it from there at their discretion and interpretation of the rules, or pm the poster in question outlining your views.

Sorry for the derail, but this topic usually extracts coherent responses from me that do not contain lols or zomgs.

Its been posted before along with the clip from the film when it came out. Relax.

had not seen it before on hear, and considering what has been removed in the fast thought it would be best to say something

don;t have an issue myself, have the misfourtion to have seen worse in real life, but i was unaware that trying to see things from other pov was a bad personally trait, i will know better in the future :rolleyes:
    I dont like this sort of " what about the children" comments

im not one for that kinda thing, it is more the context of images, in this case the image is posted in relation to a replica/airsoft, there are 101 there images that could have been used as reference instead of this one was chosen, like i said to me context is more important sometimes than content, but it appears i have got it wrong and will remove myself

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

I sent Dean an email earlier regarding the price
    He says it should be roughly £850-£900 depending on the spec
    i wonder if theres gonna be a sportline version:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

We KAC PDW gbbr production model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Puding wrote: »

I didn't see your original comment Puding but TBH I hadn't even noticed the headless corpse in the truck - it was overshadowed by the awesomeness of the scene! :p
    However, I take the point and have now given the picture a 'PG' rating, or Scooby-Doo ending as I like to call it (...and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids....!!):pac:

• Advertisement

Horse84 wrote: »
    We KAC PDW gbbr production model

poster as well, rather interested in this baby

PDW_promo_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Is there anyone else who doesn't cream themselves over GBB rifles?

Like they're fun the play with the recoil, but from most of them i've seen, their practical value is pretty poor, without spending stupid money upgrading or getting mags for, even then it's fairly meh.

I wouldn't see myself buying one for a long time as fun and all as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Do want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Sure they will get cheaper, CO2 is probably the way fordward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I shall be properly enthusiastic when they move away from endless armalites and armalitealikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Like they're fun the play with the recoil, but from most of them i've seen, their practical value is pretty poor, without spending stupid money upgrading or getting mags for, even then it's fairly meh.

I wouldn't see myself buying one for a long time as fun and all as they are.

Yeah with the AGMs anyway, they seemed to be the first major take up on GBBRs, in this country at least, probabaly the fact that they were under the 200 mark, but theyre false economy due to the added parts needed.
    In fact the only thing going for them is the facet they take all the WA parts.

If you take the WE/KJW/WA they are a hell of a lot more ready to go out the box than the AGMs, but at the cost of added expense. Same as with AEGs.

In a couple of years, when they start doing system7 like expansion chambers or a more efficient gas usage system or even new gas youll see a massive expansion in the market.

Just look at the the way WEITI or whatever is doing things, RS dimensioned products, geared toward a law enforcement & millitary market, like the PTWs were only more realistic, its the millitary dollar is whats going to drive innovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

That's a great looking replica, proper swing open receiver and all.

ppsh41-2.jpg

I'd love to see some mid caps for it like the above image of the real steel normal mag version, drum mags have many draw backs especially for such a dedicated niche replica.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

A GBB vershion would even better C02 i mean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nice cheap tight underarmour shirts over on ebaybanned,.,

CAMOARMOUR%20Cold-Tight%20Gear%20Marpat.jpg

CAMOARMOUR%20Cold-Tight%20Gear%20MC.jpg

• Advertisement

Magpul PTS ACR & FPG will be a shotshow

Magpul-FPG-01b.jpg
    Magpul-FPG-03b.jpg
    Magpul-FPG-04b.jpg

Magpul-ACR-07b.jpg
    Magpul-ACR-01b.jpg
    Magpul-ACR-02b.jpg

5.56 and 7.62 lowers
    Magpul-ACR-03b.jpg
    Magpul-ACR-06b.jpg

you can see the ris in the pictures as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Pistol grip and lower receiver look very shiny, I'd hope the grip will at least come stippled like a MIAD, looks awful there.

photos are proto type/ pre production, i would imagine the grip will have the stippling for example like the miad, details like that are always the last to be done tbh, same with finish of reciver, get fit and function right then move onto finish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Can anyone tell me what the FPG is, it looks really weird int he picture, kinda cool and pratical but who uses, like what army/special forces:confused:

T4RGET wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the FPG is, it looks really weird int he picture, kinda cool and pratical but who uses, like what army/special forces:confused:

Nobody uses it, it's novelty really, Magpul described it as "good if your taking out your trash and ya get attacked" or something a few years ago so go figure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

is it being branded as a CA ACR or will it be a Remington ACR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Blay wrote: »
    Nobody uses it, it's novelty really, Magpul described it as "good for if your taking out your trash" a few years ago so go figure:)

haha in case you get attacked in a dark alley:)... looks pretty cool, though, no need for a case anyways,
    thanks Blay

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

it was designed as an easy concealment pistol ie ladies hand bags and what not ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Funny really... as the glock 18c on its OWN is smaller... Its an easy concealment SMG essentially using the pistol design. Frankly... if that fits in your handbag, you could put a TMP or an mp7 in there too! its fairly large for what it is. Not concealable. Especially compared to the Detonics, PPK/s etc.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    Funny really... as the glock 18c on its OWN is smaller... Its an easy concealment SMG essentially using the pistol design. Frankly... if that fits in your handbag, you could put a TMP or an mp7 in there too! its fairly large for what it is. Not concealable. Especially compared to the Detonics, PPK/s etc.

But Magpul sold the novelty of "i can haz teh gun in teh flashlight" and people will buy it for that. Amazing really:rolleyes:

Advertisement