Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It appears there as much of a varience in shades in the real one as there would be in the copies, Even the Elcan website shows a pretty goldie looking one, not much off the ebaybanned one.

http://www.elcan.com/ELCAN_Business_Areas/Sighting_Systems/Products/Day_Sights/SpecterDR.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

did see that one as well, but for me still looks 100% than the ebaybanned version, never seen a specter have a finish like that one

added the picture from elcan site to the first post as a comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

In the ACOG in to top pic, what is that extending from the front of the optic, never saw an ACOG like that before.

In the ACOG in to top pic, what is that extending from the front of the optic, never saw an ACOG like that before.

its an extended flash killer like http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T0002/templateProductDetails.do?webId=1213907847691&editCurrentLanguage=1213907847692&module=SearchProduct&keyWords=flash&currentPage=1&ParentId=1214828800275&productId=1246247480500006798, you can pick them up with markings as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

It looks as if it has a kill flash on it.

• Advertisement

Which one? there's the kill flash/honeycombe anti glare thingy on the front of the lens, or the Trijicon illuminator on top which illuminates the crosshairs without needing batterys.,:)

Masada wrote: »
    Which one? there's the kill flash/honeycombe anti glare thingy on the front of the lens, or the Trijicon illuminator on top which illuminates the crosshairs without needing batterys.,:)

It was the flashkill thingy, was thinking it was like a sunshade for a scope but it looked too fancy.:D

The fibre optic strips, I've seen before. I don't think there is an airsoft version where the optic strip actually works?

fake ones are about but never seen a working fiber optic version let myself

Me neither, it would be deadly though., I find those battery's never last very long, and i often forget to turn them off aswell.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Puding wrote: »
    fake ones are about but never seen a working fiber optic version let myself

That sounds like a project for someone. Can it be that difficult?

• Advertisement

image49.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

image49.png

Sweet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Any idea of pricing puding? Surely cheaper than the ares version hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Me likes big gun:rolleyes::rolleyes::)

Horse84 wrote: »
    Any idea of pricing puding? Surely cheaper than the ares version hopefully...

actually i would say you will more than likely be about the same price using the barrett as a guide, also i think the ares will be more avaliable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

If I need to sell EVERYTHING, ill buy it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

pah, hopefully a clone isnt too far off:)

gungun wrote: »
    pah, hopefully a clone isnt too far off:)

would be nice, like the well l96 i just want it as fall hanger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

would be nice, like the well l96 i just want it as fall hanger

Aye, largely pointless for gaming in the Irish environment.

It would be a very expensive and impressive looking show piece alright, it is a very imposing looking rifle though.

The Ares version is selling for crazy money. Can't see this being much cheaper being a licenced and 1:1 scale replica.

• Advertisement

the ares is also licences from everything i've seen

Going off the price of their Barret, I'd say its going to be extortionate.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Uh, you know the ares is going for only 5-600 notes in the UK? Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

GoTac in bray had an ares cheytac in tan on the wall last time I was in. Not sure how much it was going for.

Firekitten wrote: »
    Uh, you know the ares is going for only 5-600 notes in the UK? Right?

yep seen them about about half the price they came onto the market for, a lot of places seem to have got them in and then been unable to shift them

*Leftyflip raids piggybank*

Frick only €20:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

It's horrible as sin...

Wouldn't own one even if i was paid the stupid amount of money they cost.
    I'd rather that AK ar15 bastard love child over that..

Sniper rifles should look like Rifles, not waven pipe held together with pipe cleaners run over by the land mass that is Russia.

Some interesting bits in the new Echo1 Catalogue,
    http://www.echo1usa.com/images/Echo1USA_2010_Catalog.pdf

Theres the Scar Heavy, Ive no idea who is making this, and if it is infact a new gun at all. It could be the Ares/VFC but it doesnt look that well finished to me from that pic. It could be the long awaited Dboys one, The flash hider is from the 5.56 Light version.
    4265011594_8cae583ba4_o.jpg

And this thing, pretty cool if its cheap, but not the most realistic one ive seen,
    4264259787_de64e3c498_o.jpg

Masada wrote: »
    Some interesting bits in the new Echo1 Catalogue,
    http://www.echo1usa.com/images/Echo1USA_2010_Catalog.pdf

Theres the Scar Heavy, Ive no idea who is making this, and if it is infact a new gun at all. It could be the Ares/VFC but it doesnt look that well finished to me from that pic. It could be the long awaited Dboys one, The flash hider is from the 5.56 Light version.

And this thing, pretty cool if its cheap, but not the most realistic one ive seen,

scar: your right its the dboys rebrand, been on the books for some time thought

m79: picture does not help the CAW version, tbh i would wait for the king arms version

new catalog was a little bit of a let down not much new, was look forward to a little bit of information on the m240

• Advertisement

The M79 looks pretty fail and plasticy...

Advertisement