Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

It has been mentioned here a couple of pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Maybe some competition for the We KAC PDW gbbr. Great sound on this vid btw...

Shame about the mags though, its using the same mags as the Scar/416 were the real one is supposed to be single stack 5.56 mags.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    Shame about the mags though, its using the same mags as the Scar/416 were the real one is supposed to be single stack 5.56 mags.,

I thought it was a new caliber, 6.5 or something, weaker than 5.56 and used proprietary magazines?

And they'll probably release those with it, rather than the stanags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

6x35mm and 30round mags so there double stake like the 5.56 the smaller mags are just down to the smaller round size

nice little leaser video from modify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Interesting to see how much it will be? Its a pity its ipod controlled as that may inflate the price. If you have enough cash foran ipod touch or iphone then they'll presumably try to fleece you for this. Also an ipod is not a robust controller imho.

Its not too hard or prohibitively expensive to install a pinhole cam in an RC heli.You can get an electric RC heli and the components to install a spycam and 2.4GHz receiver for approx €200. (Its a mad project I have concocted for the summer) I have a walkera lama2 indoor copter on its way to me at the moment. Its bigger brother would make a good platform.

Practical applications for Airsoft assuming you could get a site owners permission to fly it unknown I suspect somewhat disappointing. TBH the main reason I'd have a setup for this is aerial photography and youtube clips rather then realtime tactical imaging :)

Edit some more vids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

hoplite wrote: »

Interesting to see how much it will be? Its a pity its ipod controlled as that may inflate the price. If you have enough cash foran ipod touch or iphone then they'll presumably try to fleece you for this. Also an ipod is not a robust controller imho.

Its not too hard or prohibitively expensive to install a pinhole cam in an RC heli.You can get an electric RC heli and the components to install a spycam and 2.4GHz receiver for approx €200. (Its a mad project I have concocted for the summer) I have a walkera lama2 indoor copter on its way to me at the moment. Its bigger brother would make a good platform.

Practical applications for Airsoft assuming you could get a site owners permission to fly it unknown I suspect somewhat disappointing. TBH the main reason I'd have a setup for this is aerial photography and youtube clips rather then realtime tactical imaging :)

it uses wi-fi so i can imagine the range would be quite pants, but a ood one box solution if you have a iphone.

i have a fairly decent large chopper and ordered one of the wireless cams from ebay about two years ago with intention of doing this and never managed to get enough time to get used to the controls. Plus i wouldn't want anybody shooting at it either:D

came across this on arnies, tbh a burst of aeg fire would bring this thing down and range seems limit, great for a bit of fun back not that practical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

check out the youtube clip Airsoft v rc planes.:p

Its a cool toy though :-) only noticed the object recognition feature in the last vid on the second watch. Interesting it appears to track and follow the other drone.

Yes the no shooting the drone rule would be tricky to enforce. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

thats such a cool heli! love that its connected to the iphone. i soo gotta get me one of them. wonder if they come under partner products ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Yes the no shooting the drone rule would be tricky to enforce. ;)
    If you used a tracer unit it would look pretty cool from the cameras point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Its not too hard or prohibitively expensive to install a pinhole cam in an RC heli.You can get an electric RC heli and the components to install a spycam and 2.4GHz receiver for approx €200.

Not to spoil your fun, but been there, done that, the range on those pinhole spy cameras really isn't all that great

kdouglas wrote: »
    Not to spoil your fun, but been there, done that, the range on those pinhole spy cameras really isn't all that great

Killjoy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

new aeg by ehobbyasia's custom shop...not too sure what to think of it really

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/eac-custom-guns/aeg/eac-ak-variation-m4-aeg-magpul-custom-bk.html
    file_102_10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I think I just got sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

They are trying harder then I do to convert AK users..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

ROFL, tm style build, ak47 milled receiver(aka obsolete receiver from the 50's).

Fail on multiple levels, I would list them all, but I would surely die before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

god its brutal!!! KILL IT KILL IT!!!
    Its a bit like that alien at the end of Alien resurection!

I like it....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

Masada wrote: »
    I like it....

:p

it's okay,we'll get you help...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Barrel is horrible, other than that it ain't too bad!

what is the point of that thing it is hideous tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Barrel is horrible, other than that it ain't too bad!
    Leave... Just leave man...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    new aeg by ehobbyasia's custom shop...not too sure what to think of it really

Like it too for some odd reason.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I don't see anything wrong with it (apart from the fact that it's made of metal which is so last century). It has a nice aesthetic and lacks those godawful rails that infest every single surface of your average armalite.

• Advertisement

it does not even exist in real life, it closer to a paintball marker than an airsoft replica in my eyes :rolleyes:

Advertisement