Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

They had better paint it black.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Gear Box: /

Motor: /

Magazine: 50 Rounds ( 6mm BBs )

Length: 615-860mm

Barrel Length: 300mm

Weight: 3000g

Battery: 8.4V Mini Type Battery ( Not Included )

Muzzle Velocity: 260-280 FPS with 0.2g BBs
    Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Manual

Features:

- New Generation AEG System with SHOOT & RECOIL Engine

- Carrying Handle w/ 3x Scope and Top Rail
    - Rifle / Carbine Size Folding Stock
    - Machined Aluminum 3-Prong Flash Hider
    - Compatible with ordinary G36 Series Magazines
    US$ 474.00

price is heavy, no new mags and battery makes it a little better i really like the look of this, apart from the crap trades? i know tm can not use real steel stuff but come on they normal look better than this, might just have to sell something to fund this

tm_aeg_g36k_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Mmm, the KAC Stoner 96 ... nice. I wish somebody would pull G&P's collective finger out and release its older brother; the Stoner 63 already.

Incidentally, picture fail. Who wants to tell me what's wrong with picture on the redwolf link ....

... lets just say I wouldn't be pulling the trigger if that were real ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Lewis Page's sensible take on UK-MTP.

He makes the point, which seems to have been missed by a lot of people, that the Helmand area of Afghanistan has three distinct terrain types in it, so neither temperate nor desert camo is 100% suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Taken from that article,
    British troops to get new all-terrain camouflage kit
    Afghanistan annoyingly not all the same colour

How inconsiderate of Afghanistan, so annoying... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Ah, I see you've met El Reg's sense of humour. It's, shall we say, distinctive. Lewis was uncharacteristically restrained there, you should see what he says about DARPA.

Time for another update from Puding and Masada (to drag the thread back on topic, if nothing else). What have you found for us this time lads? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

A warning to the community. Here felt like the best place to put it... Recently some east europe players were using guns on private land they brought in from abroad. When chronoed, they were well above 328fps- most were well above 370. Just a warning that there is an influx of very hot guns that appear to be consistently on private sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Meh, wouldn't say it's news, more an inconvienience for Irish airsoft.
    Point number one: If they wish to break the law they can, honestly I don't give two sh*ts what they do with their spare time. Most Irish airsofters are repsonsible enough not to do that.

Point number two: Your post contains the term "East European Players" they may have not known the law and overlooked it. As far as I know it's not up to us to make sure they obey the law, that's why we have such a fine, upstanding law enforcement, most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Heh, I knew that G36 would be overpriced.

Its not like its revolutionising guns.

Yes TM have good hop up units making them fantastic, but their guns are so overpriced its not funny. I used to say that they were decently priced but on reflection they take the piss with some items, this is taking the piss...

As a salesman, how can you tell someone to buy that TM G36 for €350 and not a JG for €160.....a sliding plastic slide is not worth €200 I'm sorry not in any light. And a silicon hop now gives you the same range as a TM....

Such a pity, another TM gun I'd love to have, that I wont have because of a silly price

Lefty- they know the law. I know them rather well and they laugh at our 'silly one joule limit'. I merely wanted to let people know. Its their problem if they get caught though, you are right about that. Lol On Sunday at a skirmish I took a BB to the unprotected middle knuckle of my left ring finger. Thought it was Ok but now know the ****er is broken. Next time I will wear gloves! I had forgotten about how painfull fingershot is! Still had a epic day all round! The G36 looks Nice. Just too expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

TheDoc wrote: »
    As a salesman, how can you tell someone to buy that TM G36 for €350 and not a JG for €160.....a sliding plastic slide is not worth €200 I'm sorry not in any light.

That only goes something between a quarter and a third the way back. The locking to the side on the cocking handle is nice though (it's a feature on the RS for forward assist).

Now if only someone would make a proper GBB G36 instead of more bloody armalites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Phractal wrote: »
    Lefty- they know the law. I know them rather well and they laugh at our 'silly one joule limit'. I merely wanted to let people know. Its their problem if they get caught though, you are right about that.epic

Didn't think to call the guards about it no?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Lefty- they know the law. I know them rather well and they laugh at our 'silly one joule limit'. I merely wanted to let people know. Its their problem if they get caught though, you are right about that. Lol On Sunday at a skirmish I took a BB to the unprotected middle knuckle of my left ring finger. Thought it was Ok but now know the ****er is broken. Next time I will wear gloves! I had forgotten about how painfull fingershot is! Still had a epic day all round! The G36 looks Nice. Just too expensive!

If your willing to come on an open forum, on the internet and rat them out, why not just go to your local cop shop and give them the full details?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

TheDoc wrote: »
    As a salesman, how can you tell someone to buy that TM G36 for €350 and not a JG for €160.....a sliding plastic slide is not worth €200 I'm sorry not in any light. And a silicon hop now gives you the same range as a TM....

You tell me, you're the one who's supposed to be a salesman, lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

A warning to the community. Here felt like the best place to put it... Recently some east europe players were using guns on private land they brought in from abroad. When chronoed, they were well above 328fps- most were well above 370. Just a warning that there is an influx of very hot guns that appear to be consistently on private sale

unfortuntlay not really a new problem, the issue has always been around un afraid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Meh, wouldn't say it's news, more an inconvienience for Irish airsoft.
    Point number one: If they wish to break the law they can, honestly I don't give two sh*ts what they do with their spare time. Most Irish airsofters are repsonsible enough not to do that.

Point number two: Your post contains the term "East European Players" they may have not known the law and overlooked it. As far as I know it's not up to us to make sure they obey the law, that's why we have such a fine, upstanding law enforcement, most of the time.
    Blay wrote: »
    Didn't think to call the guards about it no?:rolleyes:
    Masada wrote: »
    If your willing to come on an open forum, on the internet and rat them out, why not just go to your local cop shop and give them the full details?
    Puding wrote: »
    unfortuntlay not really a new problem, the issue has always been around un afraid

If you know of somone breaking the law report them to the Police , end of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Yet more off topic crap deleted from this thread

Anybody brings another argument into this thread gets to spend xmas in the sin bin

Dont worry- their next skirmish on private land will have a polite visit by the police. I just wanted to warn people of the devices on sale- they are marketed as very Nice soviet devices. I will be polite and offer a downgrade gratis prior to calling it in- just to give a sporting chance at redemption. Where I live prematurely calling the police without giving a chance is frowned upon- nobody wants to walk to, or home from, school or work known as a rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

just saw this on dragonred airsoft...it is a while since i was there so this could be an old note (they do have happy christmas so perhaps its a new trend)

their site was shut down by the commies, sorry the peoples republic of china communist authorities...

'China just enforces a new regulation to all chinese web sites to "purify" the china internet. Our site was shutdown becuase the new regulation.'

purify -- wow good luck with that...

http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

speaking of Marui's
    over on redwolf they have a fairly good vid of the new G36

also they have a review of the new High Cyle MP5 and G3 SAS running 25 bbs a sec on a standard 8.4 mini

• Advertisement

Just saw these on RSOV, might be of some interest to someone.
    R85 Replacment Gearset
    prt_0219_0.jpg

SOPMOD Replacement Gearset.
    prt_0218.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

What does SOPMOD stand for ?

Special Operations Peculiar Modification (SOPMOD).

^ That. I have no idea, those gears are for the TM designed gearbox solely for the SOPMOD, they have a different design to standard ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

More info on the upcoming PPSH over on Gunner airsoft.,

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

ffs, those americans will put an eotech on anything:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Gatling wrote: »
    speaking of Marui's
    over on redwolf they have a fairly good vid of the new G36

also they have a review of the new High Cyle MP5 and G3 SAS running 25 bbs a sec on a standard 8.4 mini

Do want!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I have the coat, i have the hat, once i get that PPSH, my commissar loadout will be complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ive a standard MP5 A4 think il cancel my preorder for the src steel version for one of the new High Cycles TM's

find it hard to beleive that in the new TM g36 there only
    using a standard EG 1000 motor and gear set instead of the EG 3000 and High cycle Mechbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

james head...go figure or is it richard head he meant

still i might plonk down the cash...perhaps i too am a richard...they do look a tad small however

ebaybanned

James%20Head%20MULTIHOOD%20multicam%20a.jpg

MULITHOOD%20acu.jpg

MULITHOOD%20desert%20marpat.jpg

and hoodies in the 3 colours, i wont spam the news

hiphoodie%20acu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Gatling wrote: »
    Ive a standard MP5 A4 think il cancel my preorder for the src steel version for one of the new High Cycles TM's

find it hard to beleive that in the new TM g36 there only
    using a standard EG 1000 motor and gear set instead of the EG 3000 and High cycle Mechbox

I'd get the src, the TM has only a high speed motor, get a G&P m120 if you want rof.

Advertisement