Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Interesting comment from Lt Col Toby Evans - a military advisor with the Government's Defence Science and Technology Laboratory

Current woodland DPM perfect in woods
    Current desert DPM perfect in desert

New MTP "It may not be quite perfect, but its good enough for everything,"

In other words ons size fits all cammo:rolleyes:

Expect loads of surplus DPM next year which is perfect for here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Expect loads of surplus DPM next year which is perfect for here

not as if dpm is rare at all, the surplus market is pretty much awash with the stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

MTP looks like good stuff. Hopefully a team will get stuck in and do a proper modern UK team with MTP camo + L85A2 replicas. It would be a damn sight more interesting than the typical Multi-Cam/MarPat + M4 spamola you usually see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats defo multicam those brit soldiers are wearing., I have the High res pic of it somewhere.,

Kick in the teeth for the multicam haters who claim its a load of propaganda though., :D If its real it'll be a big improvement over the desert DPM at least.,

Viva are releasing the Silenced version of the Sten.,:)
    http://www.vivaarms.com/
    stenS3.jpg

• Advertisement

been out for a will know just never really made it into the lime light due to the acm clone i had hoped acm would have a clone out by know but the problems in china seems to have put pay to that :( ( the barrel always seemed to short on the viva for the mark 2 i believe? )

Really? I hadnt seen it other that the pics in the catalogue that comes with the first one., :)

These look handy, I'd love a black or OD one.,
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/james-head-multihood-desert-marpat-p-2793.html
    MULITHOOD%20desert%20marpat.jpg

http://www.ebairsoft.com/james-head-multihood-p-2792.html
    MULITHOOD%20acu.jpg

just had a look it was about september/october we got them offered for sale, but for the price people went for the acm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

That MTP looks exactly like the DPM screens with MultiCam colours. Win.

I'm glad they didn't use that hybrid pattern from the PECOC project, the green was far too bright.

So Richie, it's been announced a couple of hours now, is it cloned and up on EBB yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Give it a year or 2 an you will be able to pick up a full set of crye british issue gear for the price of the cheap ebb version

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »
    That MTP looks exactly like the DPM screens with MultiCam colours. Win.

I'm glad they didn't use that hybrid pattern from the PECOC project, the green was far too bright.

So Richie, it's been announced a couple of hours now, is it cloned and up on EBB yet? ;)

come on its a sunday, they need at least 48 hours ;)

They'll be made in a few hours id say., :D

As for the brit stuff though, its very likely it will be produced under licence from Cyre, maybe but the existing makers of brit DPM as opposed to being directly manufactured by them., Crye original gear is stupidly expensive and they are licensing others to make it nowadays anyway .,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

It's a weird colour, the flecking makes it look like some cheap chinese multicam copies I've seen :-)

who looks happy to be dressed like a yank

[IMG][/img]mtp_comparison.jpg

copied from the telegraph
    The design is derived from a camouflage called MultiCam, which was developed by an American company, Crye Precision, in association with the US Army. However, it was not ultimately adopted by Washington for its main uniform, although some units may still use it in the future. It is now available commercially and is used by sports gunmen

Gatling wrote: »

You,
    2525458353_f1ea59b8ca.jpg
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Torygraph fails again!

I'd guess Richie is bang on: Crye will licence the pattern and the current fabric manufacturers will reuse their screens with the M/C inks. And IRR treatments, they're big into that lately.

I only found out yesterday that the current desert DPM uses 2 of the 4 original DPM screens (but with just one ink of course). C&S has a good article this month on how it was developed; the original "back of an envelope" story was about right.

Edit: the MTP isn't just the DPM pattern with new inks... it's got fades in it, just like MultiCam. Oh, and this also means that digital DPM gets the chop. Jolly good show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I didn't like Digital DPM much, my mag pouches are in it which it's ok for but over a large area the repeat is very very noticeable, even more so than standard DPM.

newcamo.jpg

camo2_1546793c.jpg

Heres a video of the British Army talking about it.,
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8422942.stm

Who'd of thunk it! the brits bigging up the "gucci-cam" that doesnt work.,:eek:

Wearing MC since 2007:D

US Army camo trials in afghanistan

[IMG][/img]120909at_camo_800-1.jpg
    from left: AOR II, current UCP, Multicam, Desert Brush, UCP-Delta and Mirage.

Who'd of thunk it! the brits bigging up the "gucci-cam" that doesnt work.,

knowing the mod they more than likely got a few container loads on the cleap as no one else wanted it ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Masada wrote: »
    Who'd of thunk it! the brits bigging up the "gucci-cam" that doesnt work.,:eek:

The MOD have obviously been infiltrated by Taliban sleepers at a very high level, and its all a plot to reduce the efficiency of British forces in Afghanistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Ares LMG
    Ares WA2000
    Ares PPhs1
    All up for pre-order on Redwolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Ares LMG
    Ares WA2000
    Ares PPhs1
    All up for pre-order on Redwolf.

What are Redwolf like for shipping efficiency and prices in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

What are Redwolf like for shipping efficiency and prices in general?

One of the fastest, if not the fastest at shipping and processing, but I find their shipping costs are a little more expensive than people like RSOV and eHobby. But not by much...a tenner or so in most cases for a RIF or something of equal size and weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Hmmm do want the WA2000. I wonder when aftermarket and replacement bits will hit the market... When that happens I will consider buying. The brit camo thing... When was the last time the MOD bought the right product? Way back with the FAL. The SA80 was a fail, and I see that now they are buying MultiSham camo or whatever other Uber Gucci **** it is that they are buying. My faith is in the Fleck! German engineering FTW. Is the KSC MP7 GBB out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

It's been out quite a while now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'd love a WA2000 but too expensive for me. Prays for a clone!
    Think I read someplace before there was less that only between 170-200
    Real steel ones ever made is several varients.

Redwolf yeah WOW you feel the sting when it comes to shipping costs
    but found them fantastic to deal with and to answer queries about their products. twice my credit card company got spooked when I ordered from them though and they locked my card and issued me with a new number,
    which was an inconvenience.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

iirc only 176 WA2000s were made, stopped due to cost
    now i think the real ones go for about $70,000 to $80,000
    the ares one would be nice, but id say it would look crap once the wood gets scratched and chipped IMO

• Advertisement

but id say it would look crap once the wood gets scratched and chipped IMO

god forbid anything should look used :)

Advertisement