Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a court Summons for illegal plates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Nobody has any problem with the Gardaí doing their job.

It's when they do it badly that the problems start. Like a previous poster said, in the North, they treat you well. Down here, if they stop you and realise they had no legit reason to, it's like they (sometimes) try their bloody hardest to justify it.

Not in Waterford though, the Gardaí here are lovely. HELLO WATERFORD GARDAÍ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Mossin wrote: »
    Its impossible to conceive that breaking a speed limit which can potentially lead to deaths, is a remotely similar crime as having the illegal number plates that the OP has.

Not true i almost died when i was distracted by some ones number plates who were written in Italics :eek:

:pac::pac::pac:

Rember to 5* this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Considering my thread has being stuck in this dull douchebag infested part of boards for the last 5 days - I have to agree
    It wasn't always a dull douchebag infested place back in my day:(
    God I remember it like yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

I'm not going to follow ill thought rules here there and everywhere if there pointless (eg. You have to go about 40km/h for a long distance outside Claregalway on a brand new wide road with 3 whole lanes becuase there are houses planted about the place sporadically)

Its actually 50km/h, but that doesnt matter cause your usualy stuck in traffic when passing through it....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

syl77 wrote: »
    Its actually 50km/h, but that doesnt matter cause your usualy stuck in traffic when passing through it....:D
    Breaking speed limits while heavy traffic around...

..nah still not as bad as having none Arial font on my number plates or worse still not having the name of the county in Irish. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

This thread is so just ridicolus!

So much crap, so little time to reply!

Personally I wouldn't drive with anything but standard number plates, not worth the hassle of something like this happening, but if Op get fined the guts of €2500 for having non standard number plates (full size ones) then there is something seriously wrong with the laws on our roads. According to here the max fine you can get for speeding is €800, is having dodgey number plates 3 times the crime!!? :eek:

I wouldnt be suprised if the Ops car was one of the reasons for him getting summoned. My Dad had a Lexus about 7-8 years ago and it came with non standard plates, had it for 4 years before he changed them and only changed them becuase of NCT. One gaurd mentioned to him once but said nothing about it really. And this was with rackign up serious milleage so they would have been seen plenty of times by Guards.

Ciaran you have made crap post after crap post after crap post... I've never seen someone talk so much sh1te on boards (and thats saying something!)
    Welcome to my ignore list... Population YOU

Sorry you dare to critisice(sp) my posts when you just came out with the above drivel. If you are going to attack someone at least make some valid points and explain how my posts are crap!

Actually scratch that, the fact you didnt even have the decency to put together any thought induced arguements or even bothered to try and explain yourself means your opinion is worthless to me.

Just another lazy post from a nobody!

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ok all that is fine by me.

If you can finish the following paragraph to my satisfaction I'll consider the whole issue more or less closed (unless ciaran_dub decides to waddle back in and froth all over the place again):-

You think some speed limit laws are stupid and decide not to abide by them. I think some license plate laws are stupid and decide not to abide by them. The difference is.....

Didnt realise I needed your permission to post on these boards? Are you just trying to wind people up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The moderator hasn't been active in 40 days:D
    I love this thread, 5 stars.

Plug wrote: »
    The moderator hasn't been active in 40 days:D
    I love this thread, 5 stars.
    Models has now become the new Thunderdome

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Thunderdome! Thunderdome! Thunderdome! ......

• Advertisement

I'd have a few choice comments to make if it was moved there :)

EDIT:
    The 'dome is now closed... we will have to make do here so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ciaran_Dub wrote: »
    Didnt realise I needed your permission to post on these boards?

The question mark at the end of this sentence confuses me greatly. Is this a question? A statement? Just more frothing? I've tried saying it out loud a few times intoning it differently. Going up in pitch at the end of it is what's implied by the question mark, but it just sounds strange to me. I don't know what to think...
    Are you just trying to wind people up?

No way dude, I'm standing up for what I believe in.

Also,
    you dare to critisice(sp) my posts

This is some good stuff man. I have a vision of you saying this in a deep, booming, menacing voice - something like the bad guy from Legend.

review_lod_10.jpg

Just for anyone who has put Mister dub on their ignore list - this is what he said to witnessmenow.
    Sorry you dare to critisice(sp) my posts when you just came out with the above drivel. If you are going to attack someone at least make some valid points and explain how my posts are crap!

Actually scratch that, the fact you didnt even have the decency to put together any thought induced arguements or even bothered to try and explain yourself means your opinion is worthless to me.

You want my argument, fine

Correct me if i'm wrong. the way you talk in your posts has "i'm a guard" written all over it.

So someone comes on here and criticises how a guard handled himself and you cant take it, in your mind there is no conceivable way the cop could have handled himself badly, sure the Op must be an "idiot"

you seemed to think it was alright for the cop to act even more like a dickhead when the op looks at his friend... your right maybe that was a sign to kill the cop and dump his body in the nearest lake or maybe (just maybe) the op was nervous and didn't know where to look.

And then it has been suggested by some posters (myself included) that the Ops car might have had an impact on how the guard treated him, again you seem to be deeply offended by the notion of this... of course there is possibility that this might have been the case, sure I already gave you an example that my Dad was driving a car for 4 years with non standard plates and basically nothing was said to him (and he would have driven a lot 80,000+ miles) , ops car isnt even that old and he's getting court summoned for it.

Maybe i'm wrong, but to me you seem like another ****ing guard on a power trip.

You are wrong. He's not a guard - this is him:-

review_lod_10.jpg

And this is him when he's in good form:-

3412656_gal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

You are wrong. He's not a guard - this is him:-

review_lod_10.jpg

And this is him when he's in good form:-

3412656_gal.jpg

Give the lad a chance to reply now. What is the point of this? I'm sure some of your posts could be pulled apart for ignorance and insulting which puts you at the same level you think he is.

What is the point of this?

I thought it was funny...

I suppose I should point out, for the record, that I do not think Ciaran_dub is the devil-like villain from the movie Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Goes to prove that nothing goes OT as a thread in the models forum...

Fobiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........................

Fobia has been dead for the last few months.

Edit - actually he more than likely killed himself.

• Advertisement

You want my argument, fine

Correct me if i'm wrong. the way you talk in your posts has "i'm a guard" written all over it.

So someone comes on here and criticises how a guard handled himself and you cant take it, in your mind there is no conceivable way the cop could have handled himself badly, sure the Op must be an "idiot"

you seemed to think it was alright for the cop to act even more like a dickhead when the op looks at his friend... your right maybe that was a sign to kill the cop and dump his body in the nearest lake or maybe (just maybe) the op was nervous and didn't know where to look.

And then it has been suggested by some posters (myself included) that the Ops car might have had an impact on how the guard treated him, again you seem to be deeply offended by the notion of this... of course there is possibility that this might have been the case, sure I already gave you an example that my Dad was driving a car for 4 years with non standard plates and basically nothing was said to him (and he would have driven a lot 80,000+ miles) , ops car isnt even that old and he's getting court summoned for it.

I was tempted not to read beyond "Correct me if i'm wrong. the way you talk in your posts has "i'm a guard" written all over it." Yes I will correct you I am not a member of An Garda Siochana, nor was my father or any family member or friend. So now that we got that incorrect presumption out of the way the arguement kinda ends there. You have just proved what I originally thought of you. You made presumptions instead of dealing with facts. I certainly dealt with more facts in my post then any of yours.

You seem to think that because daddy drove his Lexus for 4 plus years and nothing happened that it is incredulous that anyone is caught on illegal plates. My brother in law drove on illegal plates for less then a year, was pulled once by a cop at Dublin Airport who ordered him to change them he was then pulled by another Garda within a month near the border who told him he had X amount of days to change them and had to prove that he did. On this he changed them. So again you make presumptions which are wrong. Now do me a favour and get your facts straight before you reply to any of my posts again.

And I never condemned nor condoned the Garda in question for how he treated the OP what I did was trying to give a balanced few on the subject. Neither you nor I were in the car but you are going by the OP's description of the situation (No offence to the OP but I think he now understand where I was coming from what I mention all this). Now please do me a favour drop billy big bollix attitude and have a reasonable discussion/debate in future.

And I am still looking for evidence of how my posts where crap or ill informed!

Keane, my apologiesfor putting a ? instead of a ! but when you have a screaming 6 month old baby looking for attention there is not always time to proof read posts no matter how short. Now stop trying to be some kind of keyboard warrior and stop trying to wind people up like your friend above try and have a common sense adult debate some time you would be amazed how it might expand your mind!

Keane, my apologiesfor putting a ? instead of a ! but when you have a screaming 6 month old baby looking for attention there is not always time to proof read posts no matter how short.

I was wondering why you seem so angry all the time...

I was wondering why you seem so angry all the time...

You just cant come up with a sensible arguement. It's either childish/ignorant/inuslting with you. If you want I will go down that root with you but I am more of man than you could ever hope to be. Now leave it there.

And why would having a kid make me angry? Again another lazy ill informed postfrom another nobody

You just won't come up with a sensible arguement.

Fixed your post - you're making it too easy this way. If you'd stop being so excitable and agitated your posts would seem less hilarious to people like me and I'd be forced to actually retort.
    Now leave it there.

Okiedoke, we'll leave it there so.

Bill.jpg

And why would having a kid make me angry?

Well I suppose it shouldn't really, but you're using it as an excuse for your posts' other shortcomings, so I assumed your inability to control your aggression and irritation could also be blamed on your child.

I now see that this was a presumption rather than a fact and that I shouldn't have said it. I withdraw the comment forthwith and hang my head in shame.
    Again another lazy ill informed postfrom another nobody

Now here you've simply slipped into the realm of the absurd. This is the interwebs man - everybody's a nobody! Like, really, what are you even talking about here? What makes me a nobody? Are you a nobody? If not, have you always been a somebody or did you start out being a nobody as well? Is there a step-by-step guide on transitioning from being a nobody to a somebody? Is there a judging panel that ultimately decides what my classification is in terms of bodiness?

Actually I've noticed that this is the second time (at least) that you've called someone a nobody in this thread. In light of that fact the answers to the above questions become even more important - this place is clearly crawling with nobodies and only you, it seems, can help us.
    If you want I will go down that root with you but I am more of man than you could ever hope to be.

More of the same stupid bull**** here. What do you even mean by "more of a man"? You're taller? Probably, I'm not that tall so you've got me there.

I hope, on reflection, you will be able to see how ridiculous that statement is considering you've made it about a person you've never seen, never met or can even reliably verify the gender of. Really, I can't actually believe an adult would make that statement without it being a joke of some sort.

Also, if you use Firefox you can get a spell-check add-on for free.

Fixed your post - you're making it too easy this way. If you'd stop being so excitable and agitated your posts would seem less hilarious to people like me and I'd be forced to actually retort.

Okiedoke, we'll leave it there so.

Bill.jpg

Well I suppose it shouldn't really, but you're using it as an excuse for your posts' other shortcomings, so I assumed your inability to control your aggression and irritation could also be blamed on your child.

I now see that this was a presumption rather than a fact and that I shouldn't have said it. I withdraw the comment forthwith and hang my head in shame.

Now here you've simply slipped into the realm of the absurd. This is the interwebs man - everybody's a nobody! Like, really, what are you even talking about here? What makes me a nobody? Are you a nobody? If not, have you always been a somebody or did you start out being a nobody as well? Is there a step-by-step guide on transitioning from being a nobody to a somebody? Is there a judging panel that ultimately decides what my classification is in terms of bodiness?

Actually I've noticed that this is the second time (at least) that you've called someone a nobody in this thread. In light of that fact the answers to the above questions become even more important - this place is clearly crawling with nobodies and only you, it seems, can help us.

More of the same stupid bull**** here. What do you even mean by "more of a man"? You're taller? Probably, I'm not that tall so you've got me there.

I hope, on reflection, you will be able to see how ridiculous that statement is considering you've made it about a person you've never seen, never met or can even reliably verify the gender of. Really, I can't actually believe an adult would make that statement without it being a joke of some sort.

Also, if you use Firefox you can get a spell-check add-on for free.

I could not be bothered to read more of your contrived drivel. Either say something to add to the discussion of the thread or keep your childish goading to yourself.

I could not be bothered to read more of your contrived drivel. Either say something to add to the discussion of the thread or keep your childish goading to yourself.

Is this code for "I cannot justify my previous comments as they are nonsensical"?

Seriously, have a go:-
    Again another lazy ill informed postfrom another nobody

If you want I will go down that root with you but I am more of man than you could ever hope to be.

Is this code for "I cannot justify my previous comments as they are nonsensical"?

Seriously, have a go:-

So now you want to have an adult conversation/debate! Well your not worth it my humble opinion. So no I wont rise to you anymore.

Can you justify any of your previous posts? I think not.

So now you want to have an adult conversation/debate! Well your not worth it my humble opinion. So no I wont rise to you anymore.

I think everyone's going to see that as you conceding victory to me old boy.

Not saying I do, but everyone else will...
    Now stop trying to be some kind of keyboard warrior and stop trying to wind people up like your friend above try and have a common sense adult debate some time you would be amazed how it might expand your mind!

I assume this was you blowing smoke right? As soon as your towering intellect is challenged somewhat you conveniently decide you're not playing anymore.

Well, take your ball and run away home imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Jesus lads, will both of ye just stop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I think everyone's going to see that as you conceding victory to me old boy.

I doubt anyone is even following this petty cross fire between the two of you.

Stop bickering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement