Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

slim1919 wrote: »
    Thats a great way to look at things **** everyone its there fault

What then my good man do you propose we do?
    Come in on our rest days for free?
    Take a lag home and look after him there?
    It wasn't us who decided to start locking up more people, for far longer and then forget to ensure that we had the place to put them in and officers to look after them.
    It wasn't us who neglected the prison service for the last 50 years.
    It wasn't us who decided to promote managers who think it's more important to have an illiterate, inbred thug in a pottery class than it is to have 3 officers in a exercise yard guarding 200 prisoners.
    So who's fault is it Slim?
    It ain't funking ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Rawhead wrote: »
    It wasn't us who decided to start locking up more people, for far longer and then forget to ensure that we had the place to put them in and officers to look after them.
    It wasn't us who decided to promote managers who think it's more important to have an illiterate, inbred thug in a pottery class than it is to have 3 officers in a exercise yard guarding 200 prisoners.
    It ain't funking ours.
    WELL SAID !!! would they pay us to take one home i wonder lol ???;);););)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

It ain't funking ours.

It's the government's fault it's the heads of the ips fault
    its not the the men women and children of this country's fault but you are basically saying **** them we are all ****ed not just you and not just the prison service
    i am going for the job and will probably piss and moan to if i get it but its not joe publics fault and to say **** them its there fault is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

cordub wrote: »
    WELL SAID !!! would they pay us to take one home i wonder lol ???;);););)

Clear out the junk from the box room , some cheap furniture from Argos and the kids potty - you'll be raking it in :D

Delancey wrote: »
    Clear out the junk from the box room , some cheap furniture from Argos and the kids potty - you'll be raking it in :D
    that would never do the irish PRISONER is only used to the best lol ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Is there an allowance attached to that post?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

lol thats brilliant! :D
    i'm looking for a renter for my spare room. don't forget to hug a thug and tuck them up in bed each night. tell them a bedtime story too!

i'm sorted :p

Is there an allowance attached to that post?
    there certainly is young man.
    it's called "motivational and social adjustment" allowance AKA hug a thug allowance!

have YOU hugged a thug today?

0128310de204ff26d1509e059d75e0cd.jpg

WORD!

ok figure this out 10 % more people sent to jail last year and a ten % at least reduction in staff hmmmmmmmm those figures say a lot !!!!!! :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

It's been reported in a local paper that 2 Prison Officers are believed to have contracted TB from a prisoner in one of the prisons in Portlaoise :eek:

• Advertisement

It's been reported in a local paper that 2 Prison Officers are believed to have contracted TB from a prisoner in one of the prisons in Portlaoise :eek:
    thats not unusual . i have 2 friends who got it too a while back , were paid money to settle outside court and had to sign a confidentiality agreement!!!!

yeah thats not unusual.

i also know somebody who got scabies from the handcuffs. always bring your alco wipes with ya or acquire a pair of handcuffs like i do and mark it so you know which goes on the lags hand and which goes on yours. hygiene hygiene. :D

i never want to share the same proximity as a prisoner. i don't and will never understand why its not common practice to colour code them. so i do my own thing :P

same as checking cells turning lights on. ugh. scruffbags with their hands down their jocks and god knows where else hanging off the switches. stick a pair of latex gloves on if you are doing a full check. ugh :mad:

*this is a health and safety disclaimer from bitter lemon*

yeah thats not unusual.

i also know somebody who got scabies from the handcuffs. always bring your alco wipes with ya or acquire a pair of handcuffs like i do and mark it so you know which goes on the lags hand and which goes on yours. hygiene hygiene. :D

i never want to share the same proximity as a prisoner. i don't and will never understand why its not common practice to colour code them. so i do my own thing :P

same as checking cells turning lights on. ugh. scruffbags with their hands down their jocks and god knows where else hanging off the switches. stick a pair of latex gloves on if you are doing a full check. ugh :mad:
    haha jesus now you have me thinking and what about the semen on the spyholes and the door knobs :rolleyes::rolleyes:god what a lousy job we forget sometimes no wonder we all get so sick :eek::eek::eek::eek: yes we reguarly get the scabie alert people on the outside just dont realise what we work with ;);) oh well guess we should just shut up and be grateful :D:D

we just should protect ourselves more. i know i do. noone from ips is gonna hold your hand and say are you allright when you're lying in a hospital bed are they?

do they teach this in beladd? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Sweey FnJ I never thought about Junkie C**K when I was touching the light switches...

TBH if you started worrying about the diseases and stuff you'd never leave the Class Office (Which sometimes can be worse than a cell)...

LoanShark wrote: »
    Sweey FnJ I never thought about Junkie C**K when I was touching the light switches...

TBH if you started worrying about the diseases and stuff you'd never leave the Class Office (Which sometimes can be worse than a cell)...
    you mean you do lol ???your brave ;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

cordub wrote: »
    you mean you do lol ???your brave ;):D:D:D

It's how I get my Heros allowance! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Hi guys,
    Rumours are a going that 60 people will be going into Beladd this month - from fairly good sources too - so hopefully yer wait is nearly over:)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Rumours are a going that 60 people will be going into Beladd this month - from fairly good sources too - so hopefully yer wait is nearly over:)

Hope its the end of the month. I'm off to Spain on Saturday:eek:

Hi guys,

I was on to IPS a few hours ago and the woman i was taking to laughed when i told her i heard there could be a class starting soon she said it was news to her and that nothing was planned,
    I realy do hope a class starts soon though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I was on to IPS a few hours ago and the woman i was taking to laughed when i told her i heard there could be a class starting soon she said it was news to her and that nothing was planned,
    I realy do hope a class starts soon though

I heard today staff from beladd that were sent back to the prisons during the year have been sent back to beladd this week!! - think its a go guys - best of luck

I heard today staff from beladd that were sent back to the prisons during the year have been sent back to beladd this week!! - think its a go guys - best of luck

well i am fuked then still haven't been called for pct yet so if there is a class starten soon doesn't look like i willl be in it

YES fingers crossed there is though they could do with a few hundred never mind 60 a drop in the ocean , They prob need the 60 to cover for the promotions in ;););););) the near future :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lakes1985

if they were taking on new staff soon,would a person who still hasnt had interview stand a chance of gettin in? i was supposed to be in interviews before xmas and they f**ked up my address! told me theyd put me top off list next time around

well i am fuked then still haven't been called for pct yet so if there is a class starten soon doesn't look like i willl be in it

If they are going to be taking in 60 then surely there will have to be another round of pct tests. The classes that started in Beladd back in January were the last to do pct tests afaik. I don't think there are 60 people who have completed all the stages of selection and are just waiting to be called. There are a few like myself who missed out due to the security clearance delay.

If they are going to be taking in 60 then surely there will have to be another round of pct tests. The classes that started in Beladd back in January were the last to do pct tests afaik. I don't think there are 60 people who have completed all the stages of selection and are just waiting to be called. There are a few like myself who missed out due to the security clearance delay.

Thats the thing i think i am still waiting on my security clearance like you there is some kind of delay with it i was on to IPS over a month ago and they said there was a problem with mine and a few others,
    Thats why i was onto them yesterday waiting on a call back. If there is a class starting soon i realy dont want to be in the same boat as you were and miss out on a security clearance delay.

Thats the thing i think i am still waiting on my security clearance like you there is some kind of delay with it i was on to IPS over a month ago and they said there was a problem with mine and a few others,
    Thats why i was onto them yesterday waiting on a call back. If there is a class starting soon i realy dont want to be in the same boat as you were and miss out on a security clearance delay.

My security clearance came through in April.

My security clearance came through in April.

no i know you got it i mean i dont want to miss getting into a class because its not back in time and have to wait another year for another class to come around

no i know you got it i mean i dont want to miss getting into a class because its not back in time and have to wait another year for another class to come around

Hopefully it comes through for you soon.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,
    rumours..... love it!

Advertisement