Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Just wondering what happened to the private forum that was suggested previously? This forum is a great resource but it is too public at times! Mods - Is a private forum possible on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

well in fairness if there are no classes in beladd or no plans to take any in (i don't know how true this is - thought there was) why are the beladd staff getting paid to sit around twiddling their thumbs?
    back on the floor with them i say and no handy numbers either :mad:

hi goys i'm back :P
    Welcome back did you take a sabatical there lol ???? Yes get them back and get our AH down , maybe they could take over the mess lol oh sorry those jobs gone to our laid off AIS and Clerk 2s from what I hear ;);), WOW what shock some people are in for in the coming year !!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

cordub wrote: »
    Welcome back did you take a sabatical there lol ???? Yes get them back and get our AH down , maybe they could take over the mess lol oh sorry those jobs gone to our laid off AIS and Clerk 2s from what I hear ;);), WOW what shock some people are in for in the coming year !!!!:D:D:D
    i was banned for a month for calling a moderator a prick! and he was and all. :mad:
    not this forum.

knowing boards.ie i will probably get banned for saying this :rolleyes:
    i live on the edge :D

Salmon wrote: »
    Just wondering what happened to the private forum that was suggested previously? This forum is a great resource but it is too public at times! Mods - Is a private forum possible on boards?
    no - the rats in beladd and other sources will infiltrate it. it is not viable. they will inevitably worm their way in.

i don't agree with it :mad:

the watchers are watching - never forget it!
    just because i don't care other people say maybe others should :)

@ cordub :D hiya!

thats all they would be good for in my opinion - the mess!
    they are so far removed from society :rolleyes:

i hope they don't get a cushy number but they will. you know that and i know that :(

• Advertisement

i'm done now giving out. thanks :D

Good to see you got that out of your system Lemon! That was a serious build up!! I couldnt care less about being infiltrated by beladd, its nothing I wouldnt say to them directly! What rests a little uneasy with me is that a lot of our 'Clients' are accessing this forum and the less they know about us and our jobs the better!
    Anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,761 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Don't post!

i'm done now giving out. thanks :D
    Haha good though you were turning over a new leaf and being nice ;););) Yes me thinks ever single one of them will be fixed up in a nice handy number but sure who cares once they bring the ah hours down!!!! I think some might need a bit of retraining though :mad::mad:

Shield wrote: »
    Don't post!
    i suppose so. :pac:

• Advertisement

If I had anywhere more appropriate I wouldn't! Maybe it's just me that has the problem!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,761 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

In all honesty, I'd struggle to believe your clients are learning anything about prison life on boards. I don't know what recidivism rates are in Ireland, but I believe they're high. That would mean they know from either previous experience or knowledge transfer once inside.

It's never a good idea to discuss confidential stuff or things that are not in the public domain - but discussing what your job is like, educating would-be POs, getting things off your chest, etc. is exactly what this forum is for.

You don't have to give away any personal information about yourself, where you work or how long you've been doing the job. I offered to set up a nice little private forum for you guys and it received a mixed response with some jumping at the chance, and others shying away from it claiming it wouldn't be secure (show me an internet forum that is!).

The offer is still there to facilitate you guys with a private hidden forum if you want, and you can devise a system of validating each other. It's the best I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Not a fcuking hope. The watchers watch this and they are just ITCHING to get someone and sack them...And run and tell their bosses what good lads they are for sacking someone for writing bad things. ( note the sarcasm...)

That's your opinion, but I did say it would be both hidden and private, meaning nobody could access it without being on the "Access Allowed" list.

I do agree with you that this site is monitored by various agencies, but it sounds like you're suggesting that you'd be shopped from someone in the job rather than be infiltrated by a wannabe. I can't imagine what kind of person would grass out a colleague and hope it would be a strategic career move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I can't imagine what kind of person would grass out a colleague and hope it would be a strategic career move.

Can't help thinking this invites some ' salty ' replies :D

All joking aside - do the Prison Service management really give a sh1t as to what goes on in this forum ?
    Does anyone really know for a fact , if for example , they are trying to ID individual posters ?
    Have they issued warnings about posting here ?

I ask out of curiousity - no hidden agenda I promise....

That's your opinion, but I did say it would be both hidden and private, meaning nobody could access it without being on the "Access Allowed" list.

I do agree with you that this site is monitored by various agencies, but it sounds like you're suggesting that you'd be shopped from someone in the job rather than be infiltrated by a wannabe. I can't imagine what kind of person would grass out a colleague and hope it would be a strategic career move.

Join the Irish Prison Service..... One upmanship abounds..

Delancey wrote: »

All joking aside - do the Prison Service management really give a sh1t as to what goes on in this forum ?
    Does anyone really know for a fact , if for example , they are trying to ID individual posters ?
    Have they issued warnings about posting here ?

I ask out of curiousity - no hidden agenda I promise....
    i know for a fact. i have already said here before i have been emailed and txted about it. i obviously offended those in beladd by saying how it was :rolleyes:
    they expected me to never post again. they don't post anymore but i'd still say they're watching and lurking like the creeps they are *shudders*

I can't imagine what kind of person would grass out a colleague and hope it would be a strategic career move.
    it would be a strategic career move. thats why they do it. they get their rewards.

• Advertisement

480905 wrote: »
    great to have well trained staff but pity we didnt have more of them!! Training matters not one bit when you dont have actual back up on the floor due to cutbacks and non replacement of officers who have retired!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

great to have well trained staff but pity we didnt have more of them!! Training matters not one bit when you dont have actual back up on the floor due to cutbacks and non replacement of officers who have retired!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But you have a piece of paper! What could possibly go wrong?

But you have a piece of paper! What could possibly go wrong?
    HMMMMMMMMMMM where do we start to answer that one ????:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

480905 wrote: »

I wouldn't read a whole lot into a rag written by lags. The News of the World is of a higher quality than that toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Rawhead wrote: »
    I wouldn't read a whole lot into a rag written by lags. The News of the World is of a higher quality than that toilet paper.

Otherwise known as the News of the Screws :D

Sorry , couldn't resist

Delancey wrote: »
    Otherwise known as the News of the Screws :D

Sorry , couldn't resist
    boom boom!
    ha we were never out of it :D

absolutely devastating news about the death of a well loved colleague on thursday. a man who ripped the piss out of you relentlessly till you cried so hard tears came down your face.
    i would think the general consensus is disbelief and shock.
    RIP mr mad head :(

love you and miss you x

absolutely devastating news about the death of a well loved colleague on thursday. a man who ripped the piss out of you relentlessly till you cried so hard tears came down your face.
    i would think the general consensus is disbelief and shock.
    RIP mr mad head :(

love you and miss you x
    who died and where from I ve been mising never heard?? Pm me please!

who died and where from I ve been mising never heard?? Pm me please!
    i'll pm you cordub. have to go to the funeral tomorrow. i'm in absolute despair. :(

• Advertisement

i'll pm you cordub. have to go to the funeral tomorrow. i'm in absolute despair. :(
    Its just so sad , why do we always loose the good ones???:(

Advertisement