Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mufc2011

brigal wrote: »
    Could take a week or more or they might wait til after all the interviews are complete, how do you feel it went??
    dunno really it was tough fairly tough long day to.did u do yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 brigal

mufc2011 wrote: »
    dunno really it was tough fairly tough long day to.did u do yours?

Doing it this coming week, was there many there on your day? What part was the toughest? Did you do much prep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

same as that doing it next week any last minute hints and tip by pm appreciated

well interview went down like a lead balloon , stage fright , best of luck to the rest of ye !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

cavan4sam wrote: »
    well interview went down like a lead balloon , stage fright , best of luck to the rest of ye !!!!!!

Are you sure it was THAT bad??

• Advertisement

That's that done, not quite as bad as I though, the panel set you at ease and its somewhat relaxed. (In my opinion anyway)

i'm not sure how bad i did but know i could have done so much better didnt sell myself very well at all , hopefully work experience counts for something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 somehope11

I know how you feel buddy,I did mine this week as well,I thought the first exercise went well enough and the second part not the best but not the worst either,I think I made a b&&ls of the last exercise which is probably the most important one so I'm crossing fingers toes the whole lot that I get the call.did you have the full amount of people there, their was three missing my day.best of luck to everybody else that did it.

somehope11 wrote: »
    I know how you feel buddy,I did mine this week as well,I thought the first exercise went well enough and the second part not the best but not the worst either,I think I made a b&&ls of the last exercise which is probably the most important one so I'm crossing fingers toes the whole lot that I get the call.did you have the full amount of people there, their was three missing my day.best of luck to everybody else that did it.
    i made a mess of the last exercise to..we had 12 lads full hse..wat happens next do we get seeded after interviews or wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

When the interviews are done, you will get a letter stating your ranking on the panel. The next stage is security clearance and medicals. Dont delay getting those forms back in when you get them. The slightest holdup could be the difference between making a class and having to wait for the next one.

• Advertisement

When the interviews are done, you will get a letter stating your ranking on the panel. The next stage is security clearance and medicals. Dont delay getting those forms back in when you get them. The slightest holdup could be the difference between making a class and having to wait for the next one.
    thanks..will we get called for medicals wen the results are sent out?hear getting clearences can be a bit of problem sometimes

thanks..will we get called for medicals wen the results are sent out?hear getting clearences can be a bit of problem sometimes
    If I remember right , it's clearance first and then you get sent the info to get the medical done separate.

You arrange your own medical which ips pay for and your own hearing test which you pay for yourself. You will be sent a list of approved doctors and hearing centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

Guys I don't mean to be the harbinger of bad news but your gonna be waiting a long time even after you pass your interviews, medical forms and gardai clearences etc. before any vacancies comes up in the prisons. There was a meeting held with the director general and recruit prison officers during this week and he said that there is simply no money to take on any more staff.

hit_killer wrote: »
    Guys I don't mean to be the harbinger of bad news but your gonna be waiting a long time even after you pass your interviews, medical forms and gardai clearences etc. before any vacancies comes up in the prisons. There was a meeting held with the director general and recruit prison officers during this week and he said that there is simply no money to take on any more staff.
    what about the extensions opening in the summer surely need recruits to get these extensions open aswell as replacements for officers retiring?

If I remember right , it's clearance first and then you get sent the info to get the medical done separate.

You arrange your own medical which ips pay for and your own hearing test which you pay for yourself. You will be sent a list of approved doctors and hearing centres.
    ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

what about the extensions opening in the summer surely need recruits to get these extensions open aswell as replacements for officers retiring?

I don't know bro, I'm just letting you know what came from the horses mouth, its all money, or lack of it that seems to determine if vacancies are being filled are not and so far the IPS seems happy to get by on minimum staff.

hit_killer wrote: »
    I don't know bro, I'm just letting you know what came from the horses mouth, its all money, or lack of it that seems to determine if vacancies are being filled are not and so far the IPS seems happy to get by on minimum staff.
    suppose..all i can do is wait and c hopefully they have to take a class or 2 this year at some stage

somehope11 wrote: »

i just hope they take us out of our misery within a month , not depending on it so kinda over it already :) there was 11 on my day ,
    how many weeks the interviews lasting ?

i just hope they take us out of our misery within a month , not depending on it so kinda over it already :) there was 11 on my day ,
    how many weeks the interviews lasting ?
    Not sure but I presume if it's 12 people a day they would go on for 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

erm no they dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

rogieop wrote: »

erm no they dont.
    They paid for mine. I went to one of the doc's on they list they sent. Went to pay when finished and was told that it was covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

You can't go to your own GP for your medical. You have to go to one which will be on a list that is sent to you.

erm no they dont.

They pay for the medical, you pay for the hearing test.I should know, its less than 2 years since I went through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

They paid for mine. I went to one of the doc's on they list they sent. Went to pay when finished and was told that it was covered.
    They pay for the medical, you pay for the hearing test.I should know, its less than 2 years since I went through it.

the doctor i went to charged me ninety quid for the pleasure! :mad:

if i find out he got paid off the ips aswell as me ill be straight down to the crook.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

if i find out he got paid off the ips aswell as me ill be straight down to the crook.

You were well and truly ripped off my friend,IPS definitely covers the cost of the medical...........

You were robbed lad. It's only the hearing test that is at your own expense

Anybody hear anything back yet?

no i'd say it'll be 2 weeks time

Where do you get that number from? Are the interviews still on going?

• Advertisement

brigal wrote: »

Where do you get that number from? Are the interviews still on going?
    They told us it would be 3 to 4 weeks before we would hear anything.

Advertisement